Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Ebay-bot] Early 1980 Lotus Esprit S3. Genuine John Player Special Factory Fitted Engine - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] Early 1980 Lotus Esprit S3. Genuine John Player Special Factory Fitted Engine

ebay

• Gold FFM

It looks mighty nice - but would need a cert from the factory to believe the story

Was drooling at it on the bay earlier

Only here once

Looks like an S2 Interior. Excel steering wheel.

Registered 06 October 1980

• Gold FFM

As I read the description, doesn't the owner mean the engine is just a JPS? Not the entire car? Though the info from Roo suggests it isn't either?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

You are right Mark, its just a S2 black, and its made like a S3 turbo,

this car was for sale a couple of weeks ago, and now somebody is "Hungry" to sell this car to a guy how is stupid,

and thinks its a real JPS esprit,

its just a fake AD. you buy a S2 with a S3 body kit,

advert does say it is not a genuine JPS and was made 1 year after the last JPS

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The advert has changed since yesterday - the title says it is now an S2 rather than an S3.

You're correct with the "look like something it's not" - All the turbo body kit, open up the engine cover - where the bloody hell is the turbo :)

Also, is this a business or personal sale?

Business seller information
Georgina Jemma Classics

117 Velocity Towers
ST Mary's Gate
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S14LS
United Kingdom

Contact details Georgina Panasiuk

Google Maps 117 Velocity Towers. There is 1 registered company at that address: HEMINGWAYS CIGAR LOUNGES LIMITED

Thats good research Chris, i tink this car goes to a new owner that nothing knows from esprits,

we will see...

You'll like this information:

"She was restored in 1999 following a category C accident. She was in the ownership of the previous owner. The damage was bodily There are no signs of repair to note on the bodywork and she may have been re shelled. The previous owner had her for nearly a decade, sold her to his neighbour then bought her back. The bulk of the history was lost in the neighbours ownership. We do not have any certificate of provenance. The engine has a JPS engine number. This is registered on the logbook. An RAC HPI check confirms that she has never had an engine change.

She is incredibly similar to the two special Lotus Esprit's awarded to the Lotus F1 World Championship winning race drivers Nigel Mansell and Elio De Angelis. These were awarded in the same year, 1980, by Lotus. These had 2.0 N/A John Player Engines exactly like this one with the black body, vented rear and set in the iconic black and gold JPS colours with turbo badging. Exactly like this one (http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/50373-nigel-mansell-black-jps-esprit-turbo/).

Her interior is a standard black leather Lotus Esprit interior.

She was serviced late last year with all new belts. The rest of the service history was lost.

"

• Gold FFM

Phi check won't reveal anything that goes back to old paper records if I'm correct.

So if it has had a swappsie engine in the past - you wouldn't necessarily see it.

The same goes for write offs as well.....

If you fancy a gamble on it - get a history report thingy from lotus - at least you will then know if the engine belongs to the reg/body no.

The body and chassis could well have been swapped though.

I've got a broom that's has four new heads and five new handles .......... It's a nice broom

Only here once

I seen this ad earlier and I thought it was extremely odd, sounds like the ad was written by a politician.

He has no mention of the cat 3 damage in his answer to the one question asked on the listing.

"The bodywork is very nice, she is very pretty to the eye. There are no signs of previous damage or repairs and all of the panel gaps are very nice. She has a few small stone chips and swirl marks to polish as you would expect from a car that is used often. There is just one small fibreglass spider to the boot, the rest of the body is clear :). Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you, Thank you"

I think all the photos have been "massaged" - as they have for her other car currently for sale - Hotchkiss Anjou Pick Up

She (or someone else using her phone no) seems to have been selling a few cars recently - all seemingly "my car".

• Gold FFM

Let's hope the prospective buyer comes here first then. Or someone from here could ask a question on eBay pointing out all the obvious errors and asking them to be explained?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)