Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 to feature at London MotorExpo - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 to feature at London MotorExpo

TLF News

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its probably one of those cars that looks a bit pants in photos but in the flesh looks really good.

anyone care to speculate the best color for the evora 400? 

It looks better in the flesh but not by a whole bunch unfortunately at least as long as in silver.  That was my thoughts before and after Geneva.

However as for colour almost anything but damn silver looked better in that German configurator post earlier!  That got the juices going.  Lets just hope a good palette of colours will be offered as they are planning on a reduction I believe although no doubt anything is at a price like before.  I think any of the brighter colours will do it for me.  Mine will be ordered (or chosen 2nd hand) in red (again - boring) or maybe orange when the time comes.  I think the dark Nightfall Blue will also really suit it, in a different way if say a business car but in my case I want a 'shouty' colour as I have another boring car.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Lotus should have the press cars ready before soon and every body has been vocal about the lack of impact generated by this germanic hypersaloon grey so I'm hoping the press cars will display the entire range of standard colours. At the beginning the colour selection was available on the Evora 400 pages but they have since been removed which makes me hope for a rethink on the matter of the initial pallet of colours available.

My car would be black or nightfall blue - no black pack - with the tan interior and automatic and up specced sound system that they better propose as part of their revised options list.... Cause I'm a urbanite. Well I may just go for a N/A IPS when their price comes down a bit which it won't since I do live in Montreal where these are so freakin rare that it's a complet dealer's market.

I'm also wondering how much more BHP can that Edelbrock supercharger churn and sort of hoping that the new Toyota 7GR-FE will find his way soon to Hethel as replacement for the 2GR-FE... Oh sweet dreams. 

Edited by NedaSay

A little close-up of the dash decal. As it's just on the screen's plastic surround I can see no reason why it can't be attended to post purchase if Hethel do insist on relocating the tailgate badge to the interior.

400%20dashdecal_zpsrwnqcry7.jpg

Cool video Gav. The intercooler matrices seem to be either side of the supercharger housing, so no extra height clearance required. Very neat.

Yes very good video - on the old car the supercharger outlet faces down so that it blows straight into the runners. That looks like it goes out the top, through the heat exchangers and then out the bottom into the runners. I'd imagine it must be a bit wider and taller - the supercharger rotors are larger for a start. Is there any rear view left, or is it all glorious engine?

I don't know if the video is of the exact model being used in th 400 but shows what the manufacturer do. I sat in the 400 at Geneva and don't remember the rear vision being blocked. If it is taller then I'm presuming it's still lower than the old engine 'cover'.

Gav

I don't know if the video is of the exact model being used in th 400 but shows what the manufacturer do. I sat in the 400 at Geneva and don't remember the rear vision being blocked. If it is taller then I'm presuming it's still lower than the old engine 'cover'.

Gav

I would concur with that.

A little close-up of the dash decal. As it's just on the screen's plastic surround I can see no reason why it can't be attended to post purchase if Hethel do insist on relocating the tailgate badge to the interior.

Thanks for the photo :unworthy:  and it certainly looks less 'permanent' than I remember from Geneva.  Good news.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I think looking at the pictures the evora 400 has one intercooler/heat exchanger behind the supercharger not two (one either side) as in the video. A neat solution either way.

Gav

Dear lord its even worse than I remember from Geneva. Logo in the instrument pod and Evora 400 on the start up screen is enough. Lets hope a) its never making it to production and b) if it goes then there are no alignment holes punched in the dash.

I'm going Sunday with missus and child to view and see if little un fits.....

Black n gold

Hideous "Halfords" insult to what looks like an otherwise great interior.

I quite like the "silver" on the exhibition car, it shows the lines and will hopefully attract all types of buyer.

Nothing wrong with being cool, calm and collected

They are trying to tell us that Alpine gives you LOTS OF TROUBLE USUALLY SERIOUS.

Whis i true, in contrast to the cars Hethel builds nowadays.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

So (new here by the way: hello all), I'm not sure how the ICE is fixed in an Evora? Why can't the leather be extended around the top of the ICE unit? That would really work for me.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Ian. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi as well. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Press release from Lotus:

MotorExpo, held at Canary Wharf in London’s Docklands commercial zone, holds the honour of the UK debut of the Lotus Evora 400, ahead of deliveries to customers commencing in August 2015.

The arrival of the Evora 400 will boost the upwards trend in the UK sales demand for Lotus, led currently by both Elise and Exige models, notably as registrations of new Lotus cars in the UK have increased by 109% in the first five months of 2015. This increase is more than for any other sports car marque on sale in the UK.

The new Lotus, which boasts supercar performance, is joined by the Exige S Club Racer, with a Lotus Exige S Roadster available for test drives on the roads around Canary Wharf.

Jean-Marc Gales, Chief Executive Officer, Group Lotus plc, commented: “London’s MotorExpo is the perfect showcase for the new Lotus Evora 400. Taking place in the heartland of the city’s finance and commercial centre allows us to follow-up the excitement of the world reveal at Geneva, with a long-awaited UK debut. With a strong history of positive, high-end sales potential, MotorExpo is a hugely effective opportunity to present today’s Lotus to potential buyers.

“In addition, our excellent UK registration figures also reflect the worldwide growth for the company, with 333 sportscars sold globally in just April and May, our best two-months performance for that period since 2010.”

From figures provided by the SMMT, a total of 153 Lotus cars were registered in the UK for the first five months of 2015, an increase of 80 registered units over the equivalent period in 2014 and a measure of the company‘s performance arising from its development plan.

The London MotorExpo at Canary Wharf, runs until the 14th of June 2015. It is open from 10am-6pm and Sunday 11am-5pm.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Seemed to be getting quite a lot of attention at lunch today :)

post-1877-0-44296200-1433945083.jpg

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I was there at about lunchtime on Wednesday. The car looked absolutely fantastic I thought. I really wasnt sure about the rear in the pictures but I think it looks spot on in the flesh. It really seems to have the bit of added aggression that was lacking from certain angles in the original. The interior is a massive step on (even from the later cars) and I think I could even live with the tacky lettering above the stereo! It really wasnt that bad in the flesh (and would be pretty easy to remove id have thought).

And it was getting far more attention in the time I was there than the close by astons and lambo. Things are certainly looking positive.