Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
First lotus - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

First lotus

Robvx

Just wanted to say hi, I have been reading this forum since Monday night after seeing the silver evora on piston heads for sale at westover sports cars.

I brought it without looking, sitting or driving one and picked it up yeasterday. Chris is the best sales man I have brought a car off in the way that he is relaxed and just genuinely help fun and made me feel at home with the car during hand over.

I have done 400 miles in it now and it's better to drive than I could of imagined wow.........

Just need to get it run in and it's first service done

Rob

post-20878-0-45734200-1438984641.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations.. Making me reminisce!!

The feeling of wow never wavered.

This forum is fantastic. Enjoy your car!

(First bit of friendly experience, if the front isn't film protected (probably is as its new) then I'd strongly recommend it!!)

Good luck and welcome to TLF

• Gold FFM

Superb looking beast......

Love you bought it without driving....... Class act - the naysayers will be crying in their milk...

Only here once

Magnificent in silver! Love the SR.

Personally I think it's a great time to buy an Evora. If what I've read is correct then the steering and ride on the current Evora won't ever be bettered!

Welcome to the forum.

Lovely car and a nice approach. Hope you have a long and satisfying affair....  Welcome to the "cult"

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Welcome Rob, lovely car you have there! I saw it a few weeks ago at the Clasics at the Castle event :)

post-1877-0-31190400-1439018904.jpg

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Robvx?

So I'm guessing another vx220 owner? :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Thanks for the welcome everybody

Robvx?

So I'm guessing another vx220 owner? :lol:

& im sure they will be more

Welcome Rob, would be good to hear your thoughts now you've driven one. Mine has just had the 1st service, 1300 miles in 2 weeks.

Yes like you both I have come from a vx220 but the evora is on a different level I can't stop looking at it

My vx220 is for sale although it may be looked on as expensive

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/vx220/vauxhall-vx220-turbo------------------2006/4528914

Also my grinall

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/grinnall/all-models/grinnall-scorpion------1997/4532159

I can't really see my self driving these much now

• Gold FFM

Congratulations and welcome to the fold. Bought my previous Elise SC from Westovers - turned up on the train with a one way ticket and a bag of cash having not seen it before I collected it :)

• Gold FFM

Congratulations on your new car.

It's a great experience - and I can only echo your thoughts about Chris @ Westover.  The guy's a star.

Looking forward to hearing how you're getting on after a week or two.  Most of us have at some stage taken the time off from driving it (harder than it sounds) to put down some thoughts and post some photo's.

Welcome to the Fraternity! Now you just need to get the phrase "You bought a Porsche? Hahahahahaha" off to a T and you have it nailed!

Car looks awesome! Enjoy and we look forward to reading more of your experiences soon!

Westover are one of my largest Clients, love working with them and spent 2 days down with them just last week!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks for the very friendly welcome, I will post some more pics and my thoughts after I have used it a bit more its booked in to have venture shield fitted next week

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Rob. :welcome:

That first photo of your car looks brilliant. Don't know why. Just does. Well done. :thumbup:

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)