Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus day at White Lion Antiques 25 October - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus day at White Lion Antiques 25 October

Kevin Wheeler

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'll be there (weather permitting).

I was there at the "kit car" meet earlier in the summer.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 2 weeks later...

Depends if my pads arrive in time..

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Depends if my pads arrive in time..

I'm afraid it's just one of those things that you have to put up with as the years advance. I think that my dad has a spare box of Tena Men I could drop round?

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Good turn out yesterday, always enjoy seeing Barrie's Essex along with the lesser spotted Sizona GTE ;)

Unfortunately it appears the White Lion meet maybe coming to an end...

On a darker sadder note the future of these meetings is still in discussion beyond December of this year, this has to do with the planning and particularly the future of The White Lion itself next year and beyond. By next month I should know which direction I (we) are going and will keep this website up-dated accordingly. Whatever happens we have all created something special here over the last 4 years, many of you came to the early meetings and have helped support and build them in popularity. We have always been known for our friendly any car goes attitude, even if I do get stressed out about the parking sometimes. I personally have met many new friends and will be very sad to have to bring things to a close.

http://www.whitelionantiques.co.uk/classic_car_meetings_white_lion_hampshire/25th-october-classic-car-meeting/

IMG_4191.JPG

IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Good to see some great cars and friendly faces. There was a real variety there.

First time I've seen it but Sizona's GTE is even better in the flesh than it is in the photos that simply don't do it justice. Awesome bit of kit.

I understand that the antiques centre is going to be converted into a block of flats and the overspill parking field will be made into some kind of nursing home. Shame as this looks a really interesting meet with dozens of interesting classic cars, antiques and breakfast all available from 8am on a Sunday. 

First time I've seen it but Sizona's GTE is even better in the flesh than it is in the photos that simply don't do it justice. Awesome bit of kit.

Thanks for kind words Barrie, good to see your Essex too looking very shiny :) 

Nice pictures Chris - inc the lesser spotted GTE! 

Shame it might end, first time been there. Some great cars.

I really enjoyed that yesterday! Also a White Lion virgin, what a shame if it does stop. Although I have an idea for a new venue and a very co-operative host where something very similar could be run next year, if people don't mind driving over to just inside the West Country. Loads of parking space as well.

What time did you leave Barrie? I didn't see your Essex (or you!) but then we didn't arrive until 11.

That Europa was drop dead gorgeous. Does it belong to anyone on here? I need to find out where it lives and lurk around in nearby bushes...

What time did you leave Barrie? I didn't see your Essex (or you!) but then we didn't arrive until 11.

Arrived just after 8am and left just after 10am. I still owe you a beer/tea/coffee.. :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That must have been you driving out as I drove in, Barry. I was in the silver Elise.

I liked the sound of your V8 Alan. I was in the coffee queue as you arrived.

The Europa looks very much like one that is owned by a friend of mine who lives in Andover. Funnily enough there are two guys in Club Lotus Wessex are called Ian who both have a JPS Europa.

It was a good morning out and well attended by Lotus owners. Shame it may be stopping.

• Like 1

Arrived just after 8am and left just after 10am. I still owe you a beer/tea/coffee.. :)

Ah, that's a shame. Heh - they don't sell beer at the White Lion as far as I know, so another venue might be much more satisfying :P

Had a good drive down and back with Internets and Sizona. A nice meet and some lovely Lotus. Did notice a fantastic blue 996 Carrera 2, these must be super rare now as it was the only one in attendance.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

The Europa looks in great nick!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 1 year later...

Anyone going tomorrow? I fancy a run down there in the morning seeing as it is still being continued this year. We will try and get up and get there for nine this time!

"Classic car meets recommence on 29th January 2017.
They will take place on the last Sunday of each month, from 8.00am – noon."

http://www.thewhitelionantiques.co.uk/#LATEST NEWS