Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[eBay]Lotus Excel V8, completely rebuilt & extensively modified - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[eBay]Lotus Excel V8, completely rebuilt & extensively modified

ebay

• Gold FFM

The original lights looked way superior to what is on it now.

To each, their own.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A different opinion here.

Yes the bonnet and lights are not to my liking and 300 bhp from a 3.9 RV8 is closer to race spec not mild tune.

This car is not beyond rescuing back to some respectable restyling and the work that has been put into the drivetrain and braking looks of a decent calibre.  It has certainly had some money thrown at it in the right areas....shame he lost his way on the styling being a bit mad max  .... wheres the vomit icon gone?

294bhp from a 3.9 with a Real steel typhoon, ported big valve heads, an offenhauser manifold and a holley?

You know that I'm a huge fan of these things keiran, but if he is nudging 300bhp with that spec, I will eat my Fedora.

300lb ft would a hugely impressive result from that spec, which would equate to something like 240-275 depending on where it drops off.d

I do agree with you however: that car has potential - a replacement rear bumper, front splitter, some filling of holes in the tail panel and a respray would yield a lot of fun!

I wonder if it might not be easier to just drop another shell on top of the chassis as it would need a repaint anyway.  There is ever such a lot of extra fibreglass and hacking about that's been done to it, not just at the rear end either.

I can't see anything nice in those pictures. Its really a very individual waste of money which I doubt they will ever see back. :)

It's getting there......

Maybe someone should 'report' this on the LotusExcel forum site - for abuse to Excel's

Mr Alan Bell might get 'f'd' off lol

In fact, why not go the whole hog and put an Elite body on it :animier:

Edited by oilmagnet477
added text
  • Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

There's a mantra that Lotus owners should recite to themselves prior to undertaking any such surgery, or indeed any modifications.

"Would I do this to a Ferrari?"

I suggest the answer in 99.99% of cases should be "No, don't be such a bell-end."

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Sadly I think the low prices of Excels a few years ago have left them open to this type of thing. 

I don't object so much to the clever engineering under the surface, especially if it's been done well. It's the Halfords styling that makes you think WTF!!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 2 weeks later...