Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 TLF International Lotus Day - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 TLF International Lotus Day

20 minutes ago, Kim.Poulsen said:

Ok for the International's if hotel has a cheap rate as last time!

/Kim

I just called Superbreaks who did the deal last year and they'll do 2 night inc dinner for £159. Rooms are £134 per night on the Brooklands website so that sounds like a great deal :)

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

May 1st is my birthday, so I assume you'll be sorting a cake for me and every will sing happy birthday? :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Mmmm.  Bummer.  You have moved it by a few weeks so it falls outside my rota again.  Normally if something stays the same date you alternate being at home/away when working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off as 13 rotations.  Hey ho can't be helped.  Saves me the grief of getting a weekend pass.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I can see if the 2nd Sunday in May is available again? Better to miss the Duxford show (will many Lotus owners go there instead) or better to have it on the BH weekend? I can even move it a week forward to be in late April but the later, the more luck we may have with the weather. I don't know if anyone remembers but it did rain a little last time we did in in April. 

There's been around 20-30 at the Duxford show the last couple of years - more when the weather is fine. I think it would be a shame to miss it - especially as we seem to have grabbed the best display location.

I'd like to go to both, but would probably go to the MBW do if pushed to choose.

We would always join in these events but May 2016 means the Historic Monaco on the weekend of the 14th and 15th May, where we can see Lotus win again, followed by the classic Mille Miglia from the 19th to the 22nd May. Then later on in the year is the Classic Le Mans on the 8th, 9th and 10th July. see you at the Christmas party/dinner If we can make it to Brooklands we will.

• Like 1

Make it the 7th and 8th of May then........????

have a drive out......

trip to Worthing or Bognor on Saturday....or a trip round the south downs???????

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 1 month later...

how about Hethel for the weekend?..........

or are we bound to MBW???.......

just thinking out loud.......(Im guessing perm locations are better like always going to MBW.....)

seems like your damned what ever weekend.....its going to affect someone.....

Hethel is not a good location to organise an event in terms of location and the logistics of dealing with them so this will remain at MBW. It's also going to be the 8th May (last year was the 10th May) so we're setting a '2nd Sunday in May' tradition.

I'm just awaiting confirmation from Brooklands before I announce it. MBW have the time set aside for us for all of their facilities already. 

We had 150 cars in the first year, almost 300 last year so I'd love to see closer to 500 this year and moving it about will not help with that.

• Like 2

I thought that might be the case.........just the joy of having track 'action' might have been a draw...

altho' its one of the pre 95 track day things.......but itd get most people included.....

ah well.....cool...... cant wait.....

Can't make it on 8th May :(

And I was going to enter the concours as well  - even more :(:(

• Gold FFM

They had pro drivers running passenger seat rides last year - was great.

there was the opportunity of a couple of parade laps - mr @CHANGES thrashing his beast around amused me and my lad !!

Only here once