Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 10 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

22 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Trump voted asTime Magazine's 'Person of the Year'.

Previous winners - Stalin, Hitler and ayatollah khomeini

Says it all really!

I suppose if judged on 'achieving what you set out to do' then it's hard to argue!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

All it says to me is that Time is going soft. I mean, Trump's hardly in their (the other 3) league. As far as i know he hasn't killed anyone yet, compared with the others.....

Think Trump is doing OK right now. Rhetoric down. Holding Boeing to account for new Air force One's must have been a popular move. etc etc.

Tell you what though, saw a programme on ITV think it was the other night whilst in my hotel called the "The Coming War With China".  Jeez, if I was American after watching that the least thing I would be ashamed of was trump as president. The way they have treated the citizens of the Marshall Islands and their aggression to China i found really quite disturbing to be honest.  That programme really reset my core.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

So I suppose the golf course near Aberdeen will have a name change from Trump International Golf Course to The President of USA Golf Course. Wow, can just see the local natives on that one. He has been trying to stop an offshore wind farm which is due to be sited not far from the said course,  wonder now that he's No 1 in world power, will it make a difference. Going by past history I can just see the email. You build that wind farm and you get kicked out of any USA contracts.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Tell you what though, saw a programme on ITV think it was the other night whilst in my hotel called the "The Coming War With China".  Jeez, if I was American after watching that the least thing I would be ashamed of was trump as president. The way they have treated the citizens of the Marshall Islands and their aggression to China i found really quite disturbing to be honest.  That programme really reset my core.

Having read your comments I have gone off and started watching this - half way through. I wish I could say I was surprised about this (Although it is a bit of an eye opener) but you can see how Trump could fit right in with these kind of attitudes. When working in the states I was told America is a country of extremes (I was fortunate to be working with some really nice, well educated, American people in and around Washington DC and was really well looked after) and it really is in so many ways. The poor buggers from Micronesia - the USA should really hang its head in shame.

One comment though I think the Chinese chap stating China is not an expansionist country was underplaying matters a little (Tibet,Taiwan and some African states spring to mind amongst others). Also I am not saying the UK has been blameless over the years.

I agree @march, it does not take long in researching our past to realise that all the best ideas (like concentration camps, apartheid, etc...) - NOT - where actually invented/inspired by our own little island's activities and policies. I am in no way denying that our colonial past is not littered with shameful exploitation's.

What I found hard to stomach in that film was the ongoing death and destruction in the Marshall Islands and the continuing "denial" by the US that anything is wrong. A whole race of people used as human guinea pigs so they could test the impacts of massive radiation doses on them. What did they say, the equivalent of the Hiroshima atomic bomb was detonated every day, for what, 10 years!!!  Even know I'm just staggering to come to terms with what has been done and the impact. I mean, if ever a tree hugger ever criticises me for the pollution from my car when we've being doing that for years.... (yes, us Brits were no doubt complicit too).

Also, the interview with the Americans on Ronald Reagan Island and how they were living the American tropical dream and yet the exploitation of the people, the common workers, who were left to live in their (the American Dreamers that is) excessive waste with nothing - those Americans just did not see the wrong, or the irony, in it.  

I also do not buy China's non expansionist motives - but then when you see how the US has encircled them in the Pacific with hundreds of missiles pointing right at them, again, it kinda makes you understand some of the current tensions and tactics from China a little better. I mean, China's record in Burma and elsewhere is hardly great is it.

Jeez - none of our nations are perfect but that was just a real eye opener and I had no tiny little inkling that that had been going on. As for the US, yes, very much a great place to live if you have. If you have not, then boy is it a cruel hard place.  I've worked for several American firms and the attitude of my peers was very much "take it and enjoy it whilst we can, we're only ever one serious illness from bankruptcy" was the order of the day.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I finally realized what The Manchurian Moscovian Candidate's cabinet appointments remind me of...

IMG_4722.JPG

And interesting that the guy who does the best skewering impression of the Donald is in the background of this photo...

IMG_4723.JPG

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

All trumps doing here is correcting the globalisation culture that big business have used for decades to make more profits on the back of cheap labour.

i hope he keeps it up. Products need to be made closer to the consumption!!

Only here once

I honestly don't understand what people are whinging about re Trump.

He's ensured the Oversight committee stays and with teeth and he is forcing big business to re focus on American investment and workers.

FFS - seems like sensible stuff to me.

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I don't get what is wrong with what he said either? He said they are going to build a plant in Mexico. The writer then says that Trump was confused and that Toyota are not moving, just building a new plant. That is exactly what Trump said.

Am I missing something?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

So thats good init? Given he is the President of America not Mexico and so his priority should be American citizens and workers?

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Mexico is part of the USA isn't it?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Serious question Pete. I am struggling to find the correct answer.

• Gold FFM

OK. Ta. This could probably be put in Kimbers topic. Not something I care about really.

My own country has enough problems to keep me occupied.

• Like 1

Would you like us to start re-transporting our problems again?  Win:win for both countries... ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

Upon reaching 70 every UK citizen should get a letter of introduction from the Queen and a one ticket to Oz. They get to live longer due to the warmer weather and healthier lifestyle. Our NHS saves a packet and our over stressed GPs can haven an even better lifestyle, if possible, than the one they have now. 

And the Ozzies get migration growth to fill in the vast space the have and jobs looking after them.

As I said. Win:Win.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Maybe send down a few geography teachers too?  :stuart:

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Upon reaching 70 every UK citizen should get a letter of introduction from the Queen, one ticket to Oz and a world atlas. They get to live longer due to the warmer weather and healthier lifestyle. Our NHS saves a packet and our over stressed GPs can haven an even better lifestyle, if possible, than the one they have now. 

And the Ozzies get migration growth to fill in the vast space the have and jobs looking after them.

As I said. Win:Win.

FTFY.

Margate Exotics.