Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance - Page 5 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance

1 hour ago, Guy Munday said:

Beaten to it! Bazza has already posted them above

Doh, missed that! Actually @Bazza 907 deserves a very big pat on the back for all of his help on the Concours again, thanks mate :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bibs, no problem mate, happy to help out.

Paul - It was Steve's Essex (Number 004) and I would happily eat my dinner off any part of it. Perhaps next time we should both enter to double the chances of an Essex winning.

IMG_0046.JPG

That picture is very obviously one white G Turbo short! 

Regarding Steve's Essex I thought it was looking better than ever now the interior is getting some natural patina. It now has the only thing it was missing before. An absolute masterpiece and my guess is only that it's quite a familiar car now among Lotus circles and must have won everything under the sun before so perhaps the judges were giving the other cars a chance? The green Turbo HC was another car that was a sight to behold. I might be a bit biased towards green but by heavens it was in lovely order and fully deserving of something.

How about a prize next year for the furthest travelled or perhaps the highest mileage car at the show? Just a thought.

7 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Next year we will look to amend the categories and encourage owners of other (Excels, Carltons etc) to take part. As others have said, there were some absolutely beautiful cars parted in the field that could easily have taken part/potentially won the concours.   

How about a class for unrestored cars,any model

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

59 minutes ago, The Pits said:

How about a prize next year for the furthest travelled or perhaps the highest mileage car at the show? Just a thought.

I think they did take car mileage into account.

Also original interior marked above retrimmed (I overheard that bit).

I think if you looked very carefully you may have been able to identify some original parts on my S1 Exige :blush:  did the scoring go into negative figures?  

I guess it would make sense to have a modified class based on the comments relating to cars being judged positively on them being original. Given that many of the cars entering the concours are modified in some way it would at least give them a chance of being recognised for their efforts Just a thought...

Edited by OrangeBomb

4 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Bibs, no problem mate, happy to help out.

Paul - It was Steve's Essex (Number 004) and I would happily eat my dinner off any part of it. Perhaps next time we should both enter to double the chances of an Essex winning.

IMG_0046.JPG

Has the white Turbo in the photo got a tobacco leather interior like the Bond car? 

Looked a brilliant day with a cracking turn out and a stunning range of cars - just wish it wasn't so far away from Scotland......ho hum:no

53 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Has the white Turbo in the photo got a tobacco leather interior like the Bond car? 

Yes it did have - It was Trevor's former dry sump Esprit 

• Like 1

Photo of the original interior when it had to much patina, the result of 2 years spent down in the Monte Carlo sun in the early 80's, still got most of the original interior it's more like orange than red.    

Scan 161300004.jpg

5 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Looked a brilliant day with a cracking turn out and a stunning range of cars - just wish it wasn't so far away from Scotland......ho hum:no

It's not that far Stephen when you run in a convoy of LEGS owners heading S for the sun. (usually! This w/e I believe it was sunny at both ends) Great fun and the miles fly by.  We have attended all 3 so far and I count at least 6 or 7 who made it down this year.  I was gutted to be offshore again for this one (as Bibs moved the bloody date from last year Grrrr :rant:) but hopefully if it doesn't change will be there next year. :whistle:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Bibs, brilliant looking event. But like Al. I am also stuck away from home and couldnt attend. For sure one of the two of us would have won concour's. Maybe next year.

Well done guys for organising. I was particularly please too see such a large Scottish contingent made the event.

14 hours ago, Bibs said:

2nd Sunday in May this year, same as last year (10th May last year vs 8th May this year). Don't blame me! 

Got to blame somebody.  I can't be wrong!  Just looked ahead and damn, damn and damn.  (or substitute something fruiter from the list in my head <_<) Somehow with my rota I'll be heading off just before the 2017 one if on 14th May instead of coming home just after (I'm off on Thursday) Oh how I hate this job at times.:angry: Normally with a 4 x 4 rota you alternate so surprised about this.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 08:23, Andyww said:

One piece of irony: I have posted here a few times on my pedantry for differentiating between S3 and Turbo models. When the award was presented the announcement was for "Andys Esprit S3" which threw me completely and I thought they might be meaning the pearl white S3 which was another entrant

@Andyww - I've just come across this advert - So are our cars Turbo Esprit or Esprit Turbo :stuart:

autocar19831.jpg

Yep, Esprit Turbo (as on the V5 document) or Turbo Esprit (as on side of the car). Either will do.

But this ad is more relevant for the difference with the S3

advert.jpg

• Gold FFM

If there are no further changes with work, that should do for me Bib's. The of course all those other cars would have a problem at the concours as the winner would be there from Scotland in the form of a stunning Lemon Yellow S3 N/A.

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Phone in sick? :D

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Or I could book it for the 7th?

Oh those adverts bring back memories!  I'll be moving house in about a years time and one of the things I'm looking forward to is emptying the attic and finding this sort of stuff again.  Okay I lied.........  I'm not looking forward to emptying the attic at all, it is going to be hell, but I am looking forward to the few odd highlights like finding these sort of adverts in my must keep my youth boxes. 

As far as the offer of the 7th is concerned Bibs then yes I'd be home for that w/e and would make a point in attending, but - and I mean this - don't move the date for me as life at the moment is so hectic and uncertain I could easily have a change in circumstances or rota by then and then wasted.  Stick to the 2nd w/e and then everybody else knows what to plan for.