Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 48 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

• Gold FFM

She gets driven properly, but she gets a good number of motorway miles on occasion too.

I may get more aggressive geo dialled in at my next visit to @Hangar 111 too, which might accelerate the wear a bit.

Edited by JayEmm
  • Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

10 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Here's a pleasant update on my Evora. Bought myself a tyre depth gauge. The rears are just under 4mm and the fronts over 6!

Well impressed for nearly 20,000 miles.

Good thing for my company. I wish mine could last that long :P

Agree re good mileage out of tyres, even after hard use 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Pretty much unheard of I'd think. Had 6k miles out of the rears on the GTE and really not expectiong more that 8k on the GT430 rears.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/driven-evora-400/

With the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres this all adds up to a sharper, easier to control Evora which in durability testing with Michelin saw up to 40,000 miles from the rears, a huge improvement on the Evora S where if you were very careful, you may see over 8,000 miles from the rear set of Pirelli P-Zero tyres.

The 400 is much easier on tyres than the earlier cars.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I haven't got a gauge but I would estimate my rears are at 3mm+ after 20.5k miles, and 3 track days.

3 hours ago, Gm77 said:

I haven't got a gauge but I would estimate my rears are at 3mm+ after 20.5k miles, and 3 track days.

Where did you measure the depth? At my 2012 Evora S using P Zero Corsa they went down at the inside much earlier than on the outside, cause of the (Standard) geo

Did Lotus change the geo on the last few S1's ?

Done 13k on my Corsas + 6 track days & 4mm left evenly across the tread.  Happy with that!

• Gold FFM

I suspect a big part of the difference is the tyres. Pirellis are notoriously soft, in fact I read somewhere about a magazine journo who got a telling off from his boss for wearing out the tyres on a press car. They then found out the Pirelli's official wear rating was something like 1/4 of an equivalent Michelin.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Think you may be right @JayEmm  . My wife’s JCW has c23k on it and runs Pzeros. It’s coming up for a full set of 4 new boots and the fronts have already been changed once. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

But then the Pirellis are just so lovely on the road in an S1. 

I got about 6k on the rears. Pah. Price to pay for a great driving experience.

Let's go back to paying £200 for a cup holder that adds nothing to the drive.

Oh. Please note the contents of your cup may be hot so don't be a dickhead and put it on your lap or between your legs #beingamerican

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My Evora S on Pirelli PZeros got through supposedly 4.5mm of thread down to the cord in 1750 miles (nearside rear inner), of which 500 miles was faster driving, the rest pottering about.

I say 4.5mm, strangely the supplying Dealer gave me 2 different tread thickness readings for this tyre, one of 4.5mm when I bought the car, but then their workshop saying it had 6mm on their records just under a year later.

Either way, high wear (if either of them are correct).

Camber wasnt out accordingn to another Garage who serviced it.

Now on Bridgestone S001 on rear, but havent seen any reports on if they are good/bad?

He can get a little blue pill for that.

On my NA I was getting just over 4k miles on the rears. OEM Pirellis.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ouch. I was getting 8k , but then I drive like an old woman :lol:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

You can get a pink pill for that Colin!

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the published number of Evora 4xx on the roads in the Uk at the end of the year 2017 (excluding those on dealer's lawn therefore):

400 Manual: 90 (2016 72)

400 Auto: 39 (33)

410 Manual: 22 (2)

410 Auto: 1 (1)

GT 430: 3 (new car)

Number sold in the country is a bit bigger than the difference between years as some gets SORN or exported.

Edited by PAR

30 Manual 400 registered in 2015. Looks like first registrations as below (15/16/17):

400 Manual  30 / 64 /  20 

400 Auto        0 / 44 / 11

410 Manual   0 / 2 / 24

410 Auto         0 / 1 / 0

GT430             0 / 0 / 4

Totals of 30 / 111 / 59 => round 200

A decent number of them getting sent away from the UK it seems (I am hoping people don't crash too many of them....).

Edited by PAR