Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Porsche 911 Turbo Vs Turbo esprit... - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Porsche 911 Turbo Vs Turbo esprit...

jack.pe

• Gold FFM

Great video Jack, interesting, entertaining, and loved the banter, you guys are sooooo protective about your rides, and so you should be! Your Esprit looks stunning, and totally blows the Porsche away in the beauty department, I'm sure the Porsche would edge it in a straight line on the drag strip, but that Lotus is much faster when posing for photo's. 

Cheddar Gorge is 8 miles from me, (you could have popped in for a cup of tea) it used to be great fun blasting up through on a summers evening, but since the rise of Bradley Wiggins and the MAMIL's (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) it's become a bit of a nightmare. l hope no cyclists were harmed in the making of your video (not).

• Gold FFM

Well done Jack. Enjoyed that. :thumbsup: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks for sharing Jack, really enjoyable to watch.

I swapped my 84 Turbo for a 1980 Red SC 3.0 911 many years ago, although not a Turbo I did enjoy the 911 experience. I later bought a 944 Turbo S which was much better and more rewarding to drive.

Agree with Jonny about prices, just look at 911 prices online now....wow!

The Lotus is still the winner in my eyes, once driven never forgotten which is why I come back for more! 

Your turbo looks great in Essex blue as well, even nicer now you have the original steering wheel fitted.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

So that's Frank from that infamous Porsche 964 video a few years ago. He's something of an 80's icon himself! He comes across a lot better on your video, even with that comedy beard!

On 23/10/2016 at 02:32, Steve V8 said:

Great video Jack, interesting, entertaining, and loved the banter, you guys are sooooo protective about your rides, and so you should be! Your Esprit looks stunning, and totally blows the Porsche away in the beauty department, I'm sure the Porsche would edge it in a straight line on the drag strip, but that Lotus is much faster when posing for photo's. 

Cheddar Gorge is 8 miles from me, (you could have popped in for a cup of tea) it used to be great fun blasting up through on a summers evening, but since the rise of Bradley Wiggins and the MAMIL's (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) it's become a bit of a nightmare. l hope no cyclists were harmed in the making of your video (not).

Hey Steve.. would have definitely popped in if we had known!

On 23/10/2016 at 09:20, NW76 said:

Great Job! Really enjoyed it. Makes me want to test drive an Esprit Turbo as well ;-) 

Cheers!

On 23/10/2016 at 10:05, The Pits said:

So that's Frank from that infamous Porsche 964 video a few years ago. He's something of an 80's icon himself! He comes across a lot better on your video, even with that comedy beard!

Yes.. he's a great bloke! There was loads more banter but it had to be cut since i was aiming for artound 10 mins watching time

On 23/10/2016 at 09:24, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Thanks for sharing Jack, really enjoyable to watch.

I swapped my 84 Turbo for a 1980 Red SC 3.0 911 many years ago, although not a Turbo I did enjoy the 911 experience. I later bought a 944 Turbo S which was much better and more rewarding to drive.

Agree with Jonny about prices, just look at 911 prices online now....wow!

The Lotus is still the winner in my eyes, once driven never forgotten which is why I come back for more! 

Your turbo looks great in Essex blue as well, even nicer now you have the original steering wheel fitted.

Dave :) 

Cheers Dave, I love the Essex Blue paint too!

On 23/10/2016 at 02:40, ramjet said:

Well done Jack. Enjoyed that. :thumbsup: 

Thanks!!

On 23/10/2016 at 08:06, mcx said:

Great vid, thanks very much guys. 

Cheers!

Nice video, thankfully not like the ordinary teenager video, where they are more interested in presenting themselves, rather than driving.

Anyway, I think it's  tiny bit unfair to drive a tuned late version 3,0L turbo against a stock 2,2 turbo. It should have been a 3,0 turbo unmodified. Or at least an unmodified 3,3 turbo.

Still, both cars have a high limit for what they can do, or rather what a driver can do with them.

I like both shapes, as the original 911 turbo rear body is so good looking. Esprit's just way ahead in terms of design.

I also think the comment about the racing vs. the rally heritage, when it comes to driving position, is almost spot on.

Me? I'd take the Esprit any day ;)

Delete that. I'd take the 911 turbo, sell it and get two Esprits.

Or even better still: get the Sport300.

Well done, and thanks for sharing a great made video. Looking forward to seeing more of the same ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Great video and beautiful cars.  I actually traded my 85 Esprit for a 911 back in 1988 when my son was born.  I needed four seats and stuck a baby seat in the back and that was it!  I do love 911s and Lotus but I'm fortunate enough to own both. :)

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

Great Vid, but why is everybody saying: " lotus it falls apart" never had something with that, just give the car good service and drive it enough,

dont let it take over your garage, then its all fine, Thanks for Sharing!

The surge from the porky is hard to beat though.  It's also a very practical car - plenty of leg room, storage, rear passengers, comfortable seating position etc... No other classic car makes me feel as confident in the corners. 

Really enjoyed the vid ???