Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread - Page 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread

ChrisJ

Some programs/series just don't appeal. That's one.

Wendy and I go through new series and watch the trailers. The number of times we go "Well that looks depressing/shit/tedious"!

We genuinely haven't enjoyed Netflix since the last series of Wednesday or for a movie probably Red Notice.

Now a review of a Netflix movie we really didn't like "Leave the world behind".

What a crock of shit.

There you go! Enjoy! I know, I should be a professional reviewer!

It's a mess. And takes 1 and a half hours to get going and even then it takes another hour and 20 minutes to reach......well nothing. Is it? Isn't it? why are the animals acting strange "They are trying to tell you something" and that is? "Well we don't know". But we know what will happen! Within sight of New York they won't know anything thats happening "With the freeway blocked there's no way to get out of this place".... yes there is, drive round the blockage on the grass, you have a 4x4! Or look across the water there's the City, how about a small boat....or walk? FFS. And the characters. I wanted to turn it off half an hour in but wanted to see how bad it could get........ it was poop!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, pete said:

Anyone watching Hijack with Idris Elba 

We did.  Watched it to the end just to see how preposterous it could become.  Indescribably bad.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Add me to the list of those applauding Slow Horses. Damned fine piece of work overall, and Oldman's late night dialogue with KST alongside the canal in S1, E3 just cracked us up. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, drdoom said:

Add me to the list of those applauding Slow Horses. Damned fine piece of work overall, and Oldman's late night dialogue with KST alongside the canal in S1, E3 just cracked us up. 

Best thing on TV by a country mile, Oldman is an acting genius

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

'Slow Horses' is by far and away the best series out at the moment. For sure Gary Oldman shines in this, but the supporting cast is equally high quality. The scripting is magnificent, the pace perfect, the comedy well timed and not overpowering. All in all a perfect blend and a really good watch. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Liz and I watched it and got to the end and I met admit, it was a bit of a "what now? Surely there's more?" Bummer.

We just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" which is a bit over the top. Erin Carter just keeps going whirling dervish on everyone.

So where is this Slow Horses? On your free-to-air or on Netflix etc?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

5 hours ago, Sparky said:

I'm really looking forward to it, as I've figured out I'll always love anything @Kimbers hates.

So you love Christmas, EV's, Porsche's, Verstappen, all Politicians, the Tax Man, people who start a sentence with "So" (Ironic), Vegans (who preach), Christmas, Religion, People in general, The Weather in the UK, working, Christmas, Christmas and Christmas.

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Binge watched the first 3 episodes of the second series of Reacher last night.

Bloody brilliant and nothing like the Tom Cruise version. he's much more brutal. Love it!

But I'm sorry, Leave the world behind, is pants. Pooey Pants. If you enjoy it you are a "smeeeeeeg heeeeeead"

image.png

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Or an intellectual.

Now I know you are lying just to annoy me. 

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

“Night Sky” on Amazon Prime. Starring Sissy Spacek and J. K. Simmons. Superb performances, and if you like Sci-Fi, it’s doubly recommended.

A really surprisingly good show. It's not often SciFi comes with a good script and great acting. 

14 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

It's not often SciFi comes with a good script and great acting

I disagree - Star Wars "spin offs" like Andor, Ashoka, the Mandalorian are all SciFi with a great script and great acting and great production.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 19/12/2023 at 09:15, Kimbers said:

Now a review of a Netflix movie we really didn't like "Leave the world behind".

Watched it, really enjoyed it. While the story without doubt had holes, it's a film so I can let that slip to a degree but good character development, well filmed and an interesting premise.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Yup, loved it.  As Bibs says, interesting premise, using existing technology thus a real thought-provoker.  Which is probably why it was too much for @Kimbers 😁

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

American Pickers on History. Into season 19 now and despite losing Frank I am still hooked.

I want them to come here and pick my and my pops collections of Automobilia.