Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 16 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The birth of LotusRescue

Do hope it gets back on the road - excels are great practical cars and still look cool. (not a word I often use..)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

aircon also helps demist in winter...

I would keep aircon if installed. There is no fun sitting and sweating in 84 Deg in traffic with a £400 Fiat punto sat next to you, with all 4 people inside being cooooool.

Each to their own, but taking effort to remove a useful extra like aircon makes no sense to me. I'd at least leave that to a new owner, or at the very minimum keep the parts to pass on to them.

I'm with John on this one, I've actively removed the AC from all of my cars, as far as practical. I don't like to use it, even if it does make sitting in traffic on a hot day slightly less annoying.

For demisting I find opening a window just a tad with the heater on works great.

And yes, that is (or rather will become) a lovely early Excel. 🙂 

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Well today I went and visited a field I first viewed about 4 years ago which had a nice early Elise sitting on a trailer and an unknown 2 seater race car with it's nose sticking out of a container. At that point, it was the usual. " I'm going to restore them soon". Well 4 years later, they are both still in the same sad condition, although the engine has gone missing from the Elise. I was unable to find the owner, but rest assured I will be going back shortly.

288509769_1163451274495826_8577067273372408629_n.jpg

289025302_5370325642989635_5593314881078399193_n.jpg

289167157_690521778710056_8309136755800413600_n.jpg

289299071_974668383226533_7389626123940950029_n.jpg

John,

the  two seater is a westfied xtr,

Must say really love your your updates 👍

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Lets see what happens on the next one when the owner gets the all clear from COVID and I can revisit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Yep, but helps the tyres slip onto the rims and seal nice and easy. Nobody noticed I posted the wrong pic of the inlet manifold and plenum.

I did see it was a Turbo manifold, but wasn't sure about the exact build you were describing. 😉

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...