Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Glovebox inner - a conundrum for that Swindon bloke? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Glovebox inner - a conundrum for that Swindon bloke?

51 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I knew I could count on you. :D

I don't think that is an Esprit part Sparky. None of the parts manuals for any model show anything like that. Perhaps it is off an Excel or something? In what format is the part number, a stuck on factory label, written on in crayon or on a tag or something else?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

It may be an Excel, I will check in daylight the two  have here, the S3 one was fiber based, but I am sure some of the later ones were plastic with that bar across the top, I seem to remember my last S3 had the plastic insert and the fuse box was flush mounted onto it.

• Gold FFM

That's it, but I'm certain it doesn't fit that car!  The part number is an official Lotus sticker.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Just a thought Sparky, when you tried to fit it, were you in the Lotus position. Just wondered as it may have just looked different.

:sofa:

• Gold FFM

Wasn't too sure if I should ask, taking into regard his last comment about strange things in his hand in dark car parks. You get my drift. Mind you, he may have been speaking about or to Barry.

:ph34r:

• Gold FFM

I tried every position I could imagine, but I still failed to insert it.  Then, when I got my breath back, I tried again.  With lube.  It's simply the wrong shape.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Bump - any more thoughts?  Can anyone post photos of their early and later Stevens gloveboxes?  And maybe even a late G?  This is doing my nut.

As of this morning I have conclusive proof it doesn't fit a GT3.  And if memory serves, it won't go into an '89 Turbo.

My stevens 88 has the fold up cardboard job,   The advantage of which is you can install it after the dash is in .

• Gold FFM

Brilliant, Malcolm, thanks.  Getting there slowly...

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Gutted, as I forgot to bring this to MBW, where we might have been able to get an answer.  The quest continues...

• 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM

One final bump for this SOB before I take it outside and set fire to it. Recap:  A082V7835K, Glove Box, Inner, says the original Lotus parts sticker.  Allegedly for 1988-1992 Esprit.  Is it bollox!  No way is that sticker correct.  The finest minds (some say) in TLFdom have failed miserably to identify it, despite the signature rectangular apertures that seem to bear no resemblance to anything in any Esprit.  So, last call.  WTF does this fit?  It was in Lotus inventory, so it must fit a Lotus, surely..?  Next up, the search for Bigfoot...

IMAG1908.jpg

• Gold FFM

See, here's the problem.  I've checked every model I can think of, and nothing matches!

@Bibs, have you performed the mother of all wind-ups?