Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 84 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

4 minutes ago, Spinney said:

I’ve been a Lotus customer many, many times since the late 1960’s but I’ve never once received any marketing communication from them. 😤

Mercedes, on the other hand....................

I’ve owned two Lotus - one nearly new the other new. I haven’t received marketing material or satisfaction surveys etc. It’s an area that can be improved with little spend.

• Like 1

Just now, Frickin_idiot said:

I’ve owned two Lotus - one nearly new the other new. I haven’t received marketing material or satisfaction surveys etc. It’s an area that can be improved with little spend.

Can I suggest you don’t hold your breath whilst waiting. 😉

• Like 1

The Fifth Gear feature on the Lotus Elise S1 inc interview with Julian Thomson refers to a new Lotus Elise breaking cover in 2020.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neal H said:

I had a ‘marketing’ email from Lotus last week. First one ever. Progress?

Yes we also had an email regarding a little help, with purchasing from the existing range and further emails from Isabelle a relationship manager 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

10 hours ago, The Pits said:

If they have revived sales of the current range it wasn't in the UK. Desperate times for the UK dealers currently. We've lost Leven already, I fear more will follow. Hate to see Uday's idea of a tough year!

Sorry but Leven was much more than Lotus. It was only last year iirc they were named Aston Martin best global dealer. They absolutely did not go to the wall due to Lotus.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Regardless, these are still desperate times for UK dealers and I still fear some more names will follow sadly. I hope to be wrong about that and that sales really have been ‘revived’ but has anyone here bought a new Lotus in the last few months?

Two weeks into the new year and it’s all doom and gloom on the future of Lotus and it’s from the usual suspects, great news for the lotus membership in Scotland they still have one of the best dealership in the country, to point the finger at Lotus for Leven’s demise is a bit childish. For me I am so happy for owners and the employees of the brand the north of the border. Why be so negative?

10 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Regardless, these are still desperate times for UK dealers and I still fear some more names will follow sadly. I hope to be wrong about that and that sales really have been ‘revived’ but has anyone here bought a new Lotus in the last few months?

Winter and Christmas not the best time to buy a Lotus?

11 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Yes we also had an email regarding a little help, with purchasing from the existing range and further emails from Isabelle a relationship manager 

I got the feeling from Isabelle that there would be more communication from the factory in the future, and although we were not looking at purchasing another Lotus besides the 430, a little Elise is now on the cards 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Congratulations, a fine choice. Totally agree with your reasoning. Marketed properly, Lotus could still sell a lot of Elises as they offer a uniquely rewarding driving experience. Unlike a 911 Turbo which feels half asleep until past 160mph, it’s a fast car you can enjoy at all speeds - that really could really catch on one day. ‘Fun at fifty’ was one of the engineering targets for the original Elise. It completely delivered on that and the current Elises continue to do so. So much so I think they are fun at 40mph! Somehow it’s a quality shared by all the current Lotus range, if not all the Lotus cars made to date. Just one point of many that I think Lotus should make more widely understood now they have the resources to do so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

So much so I think they are fun at 40mph! Somehow it’s a quality shared by all the current Lotus range, if not all the Lotus cars made to date. Just one point of many that I think Lotus should make more widely understood now they have the resources to do so.

This is what I keep telling people who have never tried a Lotus before.  Its that super fun, connected feeling you get even at normal speeds that just makes the cars so incredlebly appealing for me.  I really don't understand a lot of modern fast cars these days because you feel like you are driving a sofa unless you start going silly speeds.  Sure a 911 or M4 might be faster than Evora round a track etc ...  but I bet majority don't even track their cars, those who do are not experienced drivers and like me are just going out on track because it's fun not to win a race or set a lap record just because it puts a massive smile on my face.  So who cares what the lap time is! What matters to me is how the car feels and the emotions it stirs in me and I think Lotus are far beyond most other if not all other manufactures in this aspect.  And I totally agree with you Lotus need to make sure people know and understand this character about the cars.  There was a flurry of videos on YouTube last summer of youtubers/influencers demoing the cars and saying just how fun they are to drive, I think that was a good move by Lotus PR dept but clearly a lot more needs to be done. 

Great, congrats, 430 Cup is very special. Perfect example of the sort of car the current management would never sign off.

Keep ‘em coming. Be nice to see more than 2!

• Gold FFM

Yep, all the noises I’m hearing are that the future cars will be more bells and whistles, grand touring, and creature comforts type cars. 

a stripped out lightweight car with a screeming v6 fossil fuel burning engine just isn’t where the future of lotus lies. And in fairness the low sales figures reflect that’s not really what the wider public wants.

fortunately for lotus it is what I want. 😉

Indeed, though I still believe the sales numbers have more to do with lack of promotion than the quality and ability of the cars. The market didn’t want a fizzy brown soft drink either, they had to be persuaded.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Yep. Completely agree. Other than magazine reviews I haven’t seen any marketing for the exige cars. It’s an area of the business that needs to be massively developed and invested in. 

• Gold FFM

Hopefully Lotus will be appreciating just how much it actually costs to run a car dealership. Just keeping the lights on would bankrupt most

Only here once