Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 114 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Lotus110Club said:

Yeah, but... its still an Evora! 

Weren't Caterham meant to be doing a partnership with Alpine a few years ago? Eitherway I'm genuinely more excited about this than I am the Evija. 

Least it’s a lotus. At this rate you may have to just buy a Renault instead. 
I wonder if this is going to be a two way thing with a vehicle or just be a tesla roadster type thing.

Only here once

Lotus Engineering is coming back strong, I would say.

Considering the strength of the group, I see no real need for a two way deal, however considering that Lotus will need to prove that it is a profitable entity, sharing a platform or providing an architecture to Alpine won't hurt.

Edited by NedaSay

12 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Lotus Engineering is coming back strong, I would say.

Considering the strength of the group, I see no real need for a two way deal, however considering that Lotus will need to prove that it is a profitable entity, sharing a platform or providing an architecture to Alpine won't hurt.

I suppose we'll get to know more with the Lotus press conference at 10. 

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/alpine-and-lotus-announce-technical-collaboration.html...

"Alpine and Lotus will also explore the development of a joint services offer combining their engineering expertise. A collaboration to leverage Alpine’s motorsport platform covering Formula One to Formula E and Endurance is also under study."

Considering Alpine will compete in 2021 in F1 and WEC... That leaves FE to Lotus...

And now, I'm off to bed.

Edited by NedaSay

On 08/01/2021 at 15:01, Jason is Chasing said:

I'm sure the USA marketing team knows what they're doing

There are many threads and posts on here that conclude that Lotus marketing in general doesn't know what it's doing!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

I'm guessing this was supposed to be a joint launch, but somebody didn't clarify which 0900 (CET or GMT) they were going with.  Hence Renault/Alpine went an hour early, or Lotus went an hour late.  Sacre Bleu...

Typical French 🤪

• Like 1

Only here once

And now PistonHeads

Didn't Alpine have a tie up with Caterham a couple of years ago to produce a joint effort sportscar, what happened to that? :ermm:

Cheers,

John W

I thought it was a new UN1 gearbox.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Long time.. Happy New Year Gents.

and here:-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKBcs2oF4Gk/?igshid=1drufhm4s6apv

Whilst it might be full circle, this time there’s clout behind it.

The EV  revolution is upon us, this isn’t a bad pairing imho given the universal acclaim for a proper drivers car modern Alpine designers and engineers have created.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jonwat said:

And now PistonHeads

Didn't Alpine have a tie up with Caterham a couple of years ago to produce a joint effort sportscar, what happened to that? :ermm:

Yes they did and it went tits up when the Caterham F1  team folded  or rather when Tony Fernandez decided to sell the team which subsequently folded a few months after.

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Save yourself the wait

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174572610956

This car has cost in the region of £23 million GBP to develop.

Classified ad price:
GBP 79,995.00
Approximately US $109,097.18

BTW, that residual is a killer!! :D

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/the-start-of-a-new-manufacturing-era-for-lotus.html

Does anyone know if the Lotus Lightweight Structures Wellingborough aluminium anodising plant is still open? Presumably they would be supplying Aluminium sections to Norwich? I understand that they do similar work for others like Aston Martin.