Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 21 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

23 hours ago, JonSE said:

Any big road trips planned once you complete the build?

There'll be a trip to the 6hr Classic at Spa, and possibly a lap of the Nurburgring, but there is a long list of people who I owe at least a spin to, not least my good pal who I bought the car from. I'll be making a b-line for him first, and he's not in Ireland.

8 hours ago, Djs44 said:

...You've a bit of catching up to do now thou . 

haha casting shade there man? I'll step up ;)

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely work George, though literally feeling your pain having done much of the comparable chassis prep on my own S2. The snippets of levity editted in were therefore a palpable relief, top marks in choosing Ron Swanson, Dr. Evil, etc. The colour you've chosen for this toy will certainly bring smiles.

Ahh, to be able to travel by Esprit to the Six Hours, a fine treat we pedalled off to in hired Renault some years ago. Cherish the memories still.

Cheers

• Like 2

@ Neil, Well Lotus called it Martini but it might have gotten brightened up a little in the mix. It was the colour of the Lotus 80 F1 car, less known because in service development wasn't enough to make it a winner.

@ Ian, I'm stealing the bejingos out of that :D

@ Steve, have you ever read about Nick Offerman? He's a professional boat builder and wood worker. You can def see that influence in the Ron Swanson character once you know. 

Yes, gathered some idea of what makes Offerman tick by way of interviews seen/heard over the years.

• Like 1