Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
General Election - 8 June 2017 - Page 14 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

General Election - 8 June 2017

Bazza 907

1 minute ago, Gashead1105 said:

So, after spending most of the past 36 hours in meetings or travelling the conclusion I have come to is: 

Vote Jezza

Vote Maybot

Vote Evil Ginger Dwarf

Vote him

Or her

Or the other one

Or don't vote at all

I'm sick of the whole thing to be honest. May is awful but Corbyn is an abomination who would bring ruin to this country and I don't even know who the rest of then are.

Not much choice in the matter when it comes down to things ultimately. Roll on Friday. I am looking forward to my Facebook feed being kids and cars again, rather than endless amounts of bullshit on all sides from blinkered people who should know better. 

Good job there are manifestos and policies that you can vote for then ;)

• Like 1

Or not vote at all. 

If it were anyone but the communists as hm opposition, I wouldn't care one way or the other. As it is I've got to do my bit.

Edited by Gashead1105

Talking of campaigning, has anyone looked at a billboard in someone's front garden and decided to vote for the people who stuck them there? I honestly can't see the point, waste of effort and money. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

12 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Ive been friends with these guys since we were maybe 4? Anyhoo the Brexit has all but ruined the relations between me and the chap who was my best man due to our differing views. Very sad really. 

I have very strong political views and enjoy politics in general so I tend to bombard my facebook status with opinionated political drivel almost daily, much to the annoyance of my friends, very few of whom agree with me.

I would never risk losing a friend over something so trivial as a political opinion though, and when friends do engage me (which I love), I'm very careful how I word my responses so I avoid any language which dismisses their views or suggests in any way I'm right and they're wrong. That tends to wind people up and does lead to more vitriolic arguments...... I never go out with the intention to change anyone's mind, just listen to their opinion and voice mine.

Then we cuddle, I offer a reach around which they usually respectfully decline.

• Like 2

These days I am Right. I know I'm Right and take comfort that the Right is right.

I used to be left but couldn't afford it and knew it wasn't right. But then I saw the light and went Right. Right now it was the right choice to go to the Right. I know I'm Right! Everyone Left is wrong as they are not Right. They have not seen the light.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Hmm exit polls - I wonder.....

if they's correct a whole load of shites on its way

bottle of Malibu in the freezer - it's gonna be a long night

Only here once

SNP down 22. If that's split Labour and Con then Scotland could swing it for May!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Tory campaign has been a f&cking disgrace - I bleed blue when cut - but even I was struggling not to put a cross in the labour box. 

However - I knew all the major parties candidates - and the dirt and fingers in pies they have. The Tory candidate even though he's been caught fiddling expenses was without question the least bent. Tory vote done. 

The labour candidate himself tried to con me DIRECTLY last year out of over £10k with a weasel contract on a planning proposal..........

• Like 1

Only here once

Mays judgement has definitely been dented. FFS, why they went down the social care route was beyond me. Yet again the petty party politics inside the Tory Party itself have dealt a severe blow. It's about time the Tory MPs actually woke the fook up and stopped torepedoing its own leadership. Every bloody time. The Kenneth Clarkes and his cronies need to be put out to stud.

Fair play to Corbyn. He did well. Labour actually got fully behind him. The Tories can learn from that. But they won't!

• Like 1

The small print.

So the guy who says "We'll give you everything you want" does incredibly well. Shocker. Hats off to Labour for a brilliant campaign. :clap:

May out by lunchtime?

Isn't democracy a truly wonderful thing. :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

May out by lunchtime?

And the rest of us out by teatime

• Like 1

Dave.

21 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Actually, Merkel's under a bit of pressure as well these days, although I suspect she'll pull through.

Wait, do I detect a similarity there?

Actually not, latest polls show she is as popular as she was before the refugee crisis, which is near altime high.

Quite unfortunate actually, I'd rather see Martin Schulz lead a large coalition.

BTW: anybody selling an Esprit S1? With the pound now becoming penny stock I could probably afford one.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Switched from Blue to Red for the first time in my life yesterday (since 1980s). Felt strange, Awful and arrogant campaign by May. Amazing that the Conservatives managed to wipe out their massive poll lead in such a short space of time. I hope they lost some of their nasty, sniping career back-benchers during the night.

When you add on the majority of the 2015 UKIP inherited vote to the Conservative numbers, the share of vote looks even more wretched.

How can she cling on now after that performance? Brussels will be laughing all the way to the Bank...

• Like 1

Labour actually did  quite well on the back of UKIP too. Labour ran a good campaign. May a poor one. Arrogance and usual Tory back fighting.

The small print.

May and her team's manifesto was atrocious Hubirs set in early with that one. fox hunting etc.......

Anyone know anything about the current DUP I am a bit out of date with NI political parties?

Yes it was a crap campaign by the Tories which allowed Labour to gain ground on some very spurious issues, particularly the spend, spend, spend bit.

But help me understand, why are Labour celebrating so much. May has to bear responsibility for what has happened but if she needs to resign why shouldn't Corbyn? Labour came second in a 2 horse race so why is he so smug he has come second to a very unpopular PM ?