Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Searching for nuts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Searching for nuts

I need some new nuts!

Theyre for the rear lamp assemblies, M5 thread. I've seen and used these before, but have no idea if they have a specific name, or whether they're a specific manufacturer's item. Your investigative help in preventing my rear lamps from falling out would be appreciated!

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4090.JPG

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Gold FFM

Ian, I'm picking up some new riv-nuts from my local nut and bolt supplier this morning I'll ask the question.

Cheers, Steve.

I've searched all over the web, and can't find them. They could be collar nuts, sleeve nuts, tube nuts, shoulder nuts or bloody walnuts, I just draw a blank. I suspect they may not be Toyota items, because a Toyota is likely to have a precision-drilled hole for its lamp studs, rather than the more haphazard Lotus 'big hole in the GRP' arrangement. So I think this could be a Lotus-specific securing arrangement, albeit using proprietary nuts like these.

The problem is that the rear lamp studs do not protrude far enough through the GRP to put a standard nut on them. Hence the extended bit, which goes through a suitably-sized flat washer.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, sailorbob said:

If it were for a wheel you'd call it a 'sleeve nut' but to me it looks like a hex bodied connector but that's been partially turned down to form the shoulder. BTW, what's its part number?

B082M4707F

Margate Exotics.

Ooops B-)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

I think we should call it Steve.

I think you are getting your nuts and your studs confused. :lol:

• Like 1