Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dave and Megan's Lotus BBQ - 1st JULY - all welcome - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dave and Megan's Lotus BBQ - 1st JULY - all welcome

Dave Freeman

Now that summer is here its time for a BBQ, i have been meaning to start an annual Lotus BBQ event for some time and now its time to set a date for the 1st bash.

1st July will be the day from 2.00pm until late. All welcome bring your partners. There is plenty of parking and a paddock for pitching your tent or caravan should you wish to stay over. We will supply all food unless you have a liking for something special in which case bring it along and you can cook it yourself. We will also provide soft drinks etc, please bring your favourite tipple. (wine beer spirits - Rum for Sparky )

So that we can arrange for food please add your name to the list.

address and map to follow

Got longstanding commitment to see Grandson perform in a show in Ipswich that evening so will come for 2pm but need to leave around 5pm  ...   soft drinks only, no food needed thanks....

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

Round those parts, I think the best you can hope for is a manger.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I went camping once.

Once.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I went camping in Portugal years ago. Had a big frame tent, trailer, and all the kit. When it was time to go home, it took us 2 1/2 hours to pack it all up, and we faced a two-day drive in 40 degree heat with no air-con in the car. As we were packing, I glanced up and saw an aeroplane that had just taken off from Faro, heading north. They'd be home in 2 hours, the bastards. When I got home I gave every last camping item away, and never done it since.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

ha ha ... 'the other man's grass is always greener' -  I drive 700 miles, Dunkerque to Cap d'Agde, & can do it in about 10 hours. Last September sister came to visit and flew Ryanair Manchester to Carcossonne checking in 2hrs before take off for a 2hr 5 min flight...and I drove for about 1 hr to collect her, and 1 hr back .. and she was telling me how convenient flying is ....

A week later I took her back to check in at noon, 2 hrs before 14:00 'take off' ..  (ha ha )  I then got a string of SMS's ...  technical problem with plane, ....   being transferred to Girona by clapped out coach...   no working A/C on coach but 5 hr trip was in evening .... Girona airport overnight... they gave us €5 food/drink voucher and a coffee is €6.50 ...   couldn't catch spare plane as by the time we got there crew had exceeded hours...  told check in now 06:55 ....   12.46 UK time, just landed Manchester, after 24 hours of being herded like cattle...    Funny, but she's never ever mentioned 'how convenient flying is' again....

To me driving is part of the holiday fun, go where I want, stop when I want ...

50 minutes ago, pete said:

Thought I'd see what prices are and says "No availability for 1st July"  .....  anyway, real men sleep in tents....:P

Edited by phil flash