Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 64 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Yup. They're not china ornaments or silver candlesticks to be polished lol....

They're cars. Meant to be used and driven.

It's like having a mistress you never @@@@. An expensive waste of time.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, OakMan said:

t’s a tricky one with these cars isn’t it Jimmy.  They’re built as a road to track car like a GT Porsche.  The latest RS models are seemingly now criticised for being too track biased !  Leaving a ‘standard’ GT3 / 4 as the road to track day version.  Forgetting the Porsche GT product unobtanium tax 😉

Yes Paul, although the RS models are always primarily designed to be the track focused version. That said they are still very practical & easy to live with for regular road use & touring etc. So some compromise is provided. However, as you point out the most recent 992 GT3 RS has really pushed the boundaries towards an outright (albeit still fully road compliant) track car. No storage space, active aero & active driver inputs to dampers, LSD, TC etc to suit track conditions. No criticism of it that I am aware of, rather most enthusiasts are absolutely blown away by the capabilities it provides. Of course it is impossible to get one unless you pay double list.

• Gold FFM

Fantastic car Jimmy. Bravo, I love it.  

I was so impressed by his, it didn’t feel big once on the move.  As a true compliment to our 430’s they have a lot of similar ‘feel’ on the road I thought.  

I didn’t seriously open it up - not my car, mind you I more than doubled the mileage on it in that week - which he was ok with !  I couldn’t agree more with your summary of them. 

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, OakMan said:

As a true compliment to our 430’s they have a lot of similar ‘feel’ on the road I thought

Totally agree! Plus there’s that V6 soundtrack that harks back to early 90s F1 cars. For the trained ear not much out there sounds as good, (with the possible exception of V12 Vantage). 😎

• Gold FFM

"For the trained ear not much out there sounds as good, (with the possible exception of V12 Vantage). 😎"

That's what did it for me, following a 410 in my Elan for the filming of the promo video for LITP 3 years ago !  Mighty expensive exhaust note 🤣 it's stunning.

I can't remember if I told you the outcome with my car, it was the ECU that had failed.  Lotus allowed a bit of goodwill on its cost and Central fitted & re programmed it.  Unfortunately I missed this years event, I was due to lead one of the Classic runs again but ended up in hospital before it, ended up being 4 weeks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OakMan said:

"For the trained ear not much out there sounds as good, (with the possible exception of V12 Vantage). 😎"

That's what did it for me, following a 410 in my Elan for the filming of the promo video for LITP 3 years ago !  Mighty expensive exhaust note 🤣 it's stunning.

I can't remember if I told you the outcome with my car, it was the ECU that had failed.  Lotus allowed a bit of goodwill on its cost and Central fitted & re programmed it.  Unfortunately I missed this years event, I was due to lead one of the Classic runs again but ended up in hospital before it, ended up being 4 weeks. 

What 410 did you follow on the LITP promo video? If it was my last Lotus it would make feel very privileged getting you into a very special car,  I do hope it was yellow in colour if not that privileged as to go a other owner of a fantastic car. Sorry to hear about your misfortune’s this year and hopefully things will get better in the future👍

• Gold FFM

Hi Scotty,

I followed Ray the main organiser of LITP.  He was in a Riviera Blue 410, it wasn’t his but a friend of his car.  I was in my Sprint.  It was the promo video shoot.  

I did the promo video the year after in my S1 Elise - it turned out they used footage of that quite a bit which I didn’t expect.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, blindside said:

Hope you’re OK now & fully ‘back on the road’ Paul.

I drove briefly on Sunday for first time since mid June.  I’ve had a bit of a year with unexpected health issues. 

Well on the mend now thank you Jimmy.  I contracted a hospital infection in mid June when I went in for something minor.   I caught EColi which attacked my joints and ended in my right knee.  Technically it is septic Arthritis and it totally disabled my knee and leg. Im just off crutches now and getting around better.  

not driven a Lotus since early June 🥲

• Sad 2

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, EGTE said:

Definitely one to watch.

Indeed.  Although Targa Florio look quite interested, so expect it to be on sale with them shortly for £20k over the auction price ;)

• Haha 2

Haven't Targa Florio got history with Lotus cars? Buying them cheap, trying to flog them high, then eventually cutting the price in stages till it sells, often many months later?  I may be wrong.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Targa F do bid on lots of stuff. They did well on Evora 400 for £38k, sold for £46k. Not sure if they sold the LF1 they bought. They tried £70k, down to £63k I think. They paid £55k or thereabouts

Justin 

• Thanks 1

Great margins. If it works for them then fine, but knowing those prices, if I was in the market, I'd be looking to bid on the auctions and using the money saved to self warranty to be honest.

The small print.

Not sure driving the Clio just over 2.5k a year is driving that regular?

Although do agree with your last sentence they are cars not art and should be driven 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

The more fun cars you have, the fewer miles they each get driven: you can only drive one at a time. The collector I sold my Lotus Omega to had hundreds of cars. I used to check the MOT mileage each year after I sold it. Most years it would only go up by the short distance to the MOT station and back!

Put like that, I see your point, but it is most definitely used without thought for mileage.

Just to add some Lotus perspective to this thread, my second Lotus was an S1 Sport 160 bought from a dealer at 1year old with 18k on the clock, previous owner Lotus cars.

I can't imagine that wasn't well exploited before I got it but that high mileage brought the price down to a point I could afford over a standard S1.

Mechanically it was again faultless over the 20k I subsequently put on it.

Regarding the 430 here, I think that might represent peak Evora spec for me. The Empire green is outstanding. My major concern would be the amount of times major items have been removed and refitted to make modifications. That can often "tell" on a car over time unless done meticulously.

• Like 2

Another limit to mileage driven each year in a fun car is family status. Like you with your Clio V6, I had a Renault 5 Turbo 2 for 14 years, so a strict 2 seater. During the first 11 years it was my only fun car and got driven about 2000 - 2500 miles per year. Then we had our first child and suddenly the family wouldn’t fit. That year mileage dropped to 1000 miles, so just Sunday morning solo A to A drives and the odd car show. Then I bought an additional family-friendly fun car (Integrale) and the Renault mileage dropped to 500 p.a. Finally child number two came along and I managed only 250 miles that year, so decided to sell.

Thereafter followed 4 seaters (Subaru WRX, 22B & Lotus Omega) and 2+2s (Evora LE, Evora GTE & Ferrari Mondial T cabrio).

I am approaching the time of life when things will have gone full circle in a year or two, since the children will be going off to university and it will just be me and the Mrs again. The kids still fit in the back of the Ferrari, but have long-since outgrown the GTE, so I have only managed to drive that <250 miles in the past year! Nevertheless I am keeping it to enjoy more during the autumn of my years.

• Like 2

The stand out comment there is.."I needed family friendly so went for an Integrale"

You sir are a man of fine taste and excellent man maths.

Sounds like I've been through a similar path with my v6 to you with the 5 Turbo 2 regarding usage. Things coming full circle for me too. The oldest refuses to get in the back of the Evora now.