Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 22 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Thanks @ricvx

Yes, I’m picking the car up on Sunday mid-morning so will hopefully get a chance to catch-up with you both👍

• Like 1

Massive congratulations to you again Jimmy. It was great to meet you and great to see this car going to a well deserved home. You'll be turning heads everywhere with that thing!

• Like 1

Congrats on the purchase, it's a gorgeous car! 😍 I am slightly biased owning a burnt orange Evora NA with SR wrap so yours is effectively a better modern updated version of mine, some of the short fallings corrected and all the good bits remain but turned up a couple of notches.  I'm glad someone took it off the market as I was starting to look into selling one of my kidneys to finance buying this lovely machine!  😉😄.   Wishing you many happy traffic free miles of motoring!

A super car in the hands of a super owner! After out chat Jimmy I'm looking at planning an Irish road trip for next year. Anyone interested?

Oh yes please, I was in Galway last year and the roads on outskirts looked amazing with great views.  I was also in the south many years ago and same there too, lovely scenery and windy roads.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

A super car in the hands of a super owner! After out chat Jimmy I'm looking at planning an Irish road trip for next year. Anyone interested?

There we go again have to agree with you 😂, Jimmy is a top guy and his new car is looks  amazing. 

• Like 2

Some stunning roads in NI, great place for a road trip, no better guide than Jimmy in a GT430!

10 hours ago, The Pits said:

Some stunning roads in NI, great place for a road trip, no better guide than Jimmy in a GT430!

I've driven a lot of the NI roads in some great cars when I was in Ecurie 25 supercar club - we had a base up there so went many times.

Agreed, some great roads.

Congrats on the GT430 Jimmy, from another owner. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 02/07/2019 at 14:20, C8RKH said:

I'm looking at planning an Irish road trip for next year. Anyone interested?

10 hours ago, The Pits said:

Very happy to act as a route suggester and badly behaved translator & chaperone. 😉 As you probably know there is a big motorsport following and petrolhead community in N. Ireland. Any significant 'posse of Loti' would definitely get lots of positive interest. I'd suggest that with our extreme damp weather levels (like Scotland 😎) the 'high summer' months between June & August would be the best time to run the trip. There are lots of great roads, especially the North Coast including Donegal, good places to stay in/visit and its not too crowded.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blindside said:

Very happy to act as a route suggester and badly behaved translator & chaperone. 😉 As you probably know there is a big motorsport following and petrolhead community in N. Ireland. Any significant 'posse of Loti' would definitely get lots of positive interest. I'd suggest that with our extreme damp weather levels (like Scotland 😎) the 'high summer' months between June & August would be the best time to run the trip. There are lots of great roads, especially the North Coast including Donegal, good places to stay in/visit and its not too crowded.

Please tell me that unlike here in Scotland, the dreaded midge is NOT an inhabitant of your lovely Isle?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Not a problem here and not anywhere near the same levels, or the ferocity as you get in the Scottish Isles in summer. I've seen grown men running into the sea fully clothed to escape their mass formation attacks!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blindside said:

Not a problem here and not anywhere near the same levels, or the ferocity as you get in the Scottish Isles in summer. I've seen grown men running into the sea fully clothed to escape their mass formation attacks!

Are you sure that wasn't the Queen Midge they weren't running from? 

image.jpeg.7164e58cadf46713aaae4a64d48a40ac.jpeg 

Right, I'll take this talk of an Irish Road Trip to a new thread so we can continue the focus on the loveliness that is the GT430!  

Image result for evora GT430

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks @mik. I'm sorry to say I won't be surprised when we get the usual doubters harping on how Lotus always fiddles it's numbers etc lol.  I do love the Motorsport Green colour and it would tempt me out of a red, especially when you see the sun hitting it... :)

The small print.

Really nice balanced summary - thanks for that. Glad you are enjoying it!

The small print.

We feel the suspension is much better over the crappy roads than our previous Evora S indeed the suspension on the daily (VRS) driver is much firmer than 430 road setting 

totally agree on 410 comments 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430