Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 48 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Congrats @blindside. Sounds like a cracking car.

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Wheres the 'BURN HIM' emoji when you want it 🤣, only kidding, cant wait for the comparison reviews 😁

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Forgot to mention the all important colour scheme. Black with gold alloys. This should allow some scope for gold ‘go faster’ stripes across the car as a homage to JPS Lotus (& to assuage the guilt over my betrayal).

20C45699-4F1E-40A8-83FB-BFF9E29C56B3.jpeg

• Like 1

Please don't!  It's a Porsche. Not a Lotus. Be good with your decision.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Bite it then! :)

You know I'm not a Porsche lover, but also will note the differentiation I make between the usual knob who buys a Porsche to pose, versus the petrolheads who buy the "proper cars", the GT cars.  Believe it our not, I'm actually looking forward to your thoughts and observations re the car, especially when compared to your GT430.

Has it had the suspension turrets strengthened at the front?   :devil:

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Ha ha 😂 I suspected it would not be long before this came up. I’m hoping the newer 718 version has got reinforced concrete items. (Special Stuttgart lightweight mix of course).

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

spacer.png

The Proper livery..... 😁

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

1 hour ago, JimH said:

The Proper livery..... 😁

Martini. Yeah, that sounds like the drink of choice for Porsche drivers.

So @blindside, when you gonna post some more piccies from your Scottish run in the on topic GT430?

• Haha 1

The small print.

On 26/10/2019 at 11:26, KG said:

ADB5844B-5C62-4BCD-8B0B-817AFB6EB4E6.jpeg

D3DEAFA7-63DA-4295-B1A7-3D492EDEA20B.jpeg

F4E6E02F-5790-462C-B4EB-51B0F0CD3C64.jpeg

064EC313-C396-4B59-87C9-D4CED8589692.jpeg

@ken2020 thank you for a great day and for bringing my dream car closer to reality! Glad you can “fly” now with your new CF hatch and wing on!

4B2B5375-3FC9-43B6-AAFE-3A3239977AF1.jpeg

I have a S1 Evora with quickjacks.  how is it that you are able to lift the front end without a cross brace?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@jimichangaA large part of my emotional attachment to all things Lotus hopes that you are absolutely right. However, Porsche, (love or hate them), have already nailed their colours to the mast in terms of the future development strategy for their GT cars. I will be looking with great interest to see how the incoming GT4 RS stacks up against the Emira equivalent; if a Cup style variant is actually planned. Also Porsche appear to be taking a far more ‘graduated’ approach towards transition to all electric power trains with their GT car division. I am encouraged to see that they have announced their planned GT model updates & sales plan for the all important US market for 2022 and beyond. As some have already noted on here the Emira appears to be more of a stop gap for Geely. Nothing wrong with that and I understand the need, but it is my hard earned moolah and these cars need to be viewed as investment assets to a degree.

Brand fan boy stuff put to the side, you just can’t ignore the fact that the incoming GT4 RS does appear to be shaping up to tick some significant boxes:

https://drivetribe.com/p/ultimate-sportscar-2021-porsche-aJp3no5JRNKdwBaW950fUA?iid=Ag_xRvD4TKKyuf8V_kJqFQ

• Like 1

Either way then it doesn't sound like you'll have the GT4 for long! It will be interesting to see how the GT4 fares as an 'investment asset'. From that point of view it would be wise to get shot of it well before the GT4RS is announced.

Edited by jimichanga

Guys I need ur advice

the ESP light went On twice today in my GT430, forcing the car in normal automatic mode. I couldn’t active any mode before turn the car Off then On. 1st time it happens. It had 7000km on it. All is ok otherwise.

any idea about that?

@blindside really enjoyed reading that Jimmy. No hint of "pompousness" to be honest and I thought it came across as a balanced, informative view.  No doubt as the miles get put on the car we'll hear more about how it compares to the GT430.  Happy driving...

• Thanks 1

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2021 at 20:53, exeterjeep said:

Essex Blue GT430 for sale....https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11716556

looks a nice colour.. £79950.

Looked a few days ago and it seems to have been sold, so there are no GT430's for sale at the mo.

• Gold FFM

Let’s see what happens after the Emira is revealed…

May be and especially after the GT4 Emira version is announced sometime in the future.