Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 16 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM

Early door today work wise. 

Oil cooler tray back on - chargecooler pipes on.

gearbox sloshed with oil - coolant in and not leaking this time.

can of petrol chucked in the tank - not leaking yet either.

pulled the spark plugs out, killed the fuel pump by pulling the cut off switch connector off. Squirt of oil down the bores. Disconnect oil feed to turbo and crank the old girl over. 

Battery died - nope - knackered. So bought another battery. Can’t get any oil out of that turbo pipe. Oil pressure senders shagged I reckon as it just pops to the end stop. Came inside cussing. Reckon I need to pull the oil filter off and fill with more oil and see if I can get that oil line primed. I simply am not attempting to start it without oil sloshing out that pipe.

• Sad 2

Only here once

Just wondering if you could remove the oil sender and attach an oil pipe line and pump oil into the engine under pressure....this should get to all the needed parts and also prime the pump.....when you know the oil has circulated....turn the motor over 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Gonna spin off the oil filter later tonight - I’ve now seen the oil flow picture in the manual. Oil should pour out of that if the pumps working.

Only here once

8 hours ago, davevr6car said:

Just wondering if you could remove the oil sender and attach an oil pipe line and pump oil into the engine under pressure....this should get to all the needed parts and also prime the pump.....when you know the oil has circulated....turn the motor over 

Thats how I do it - attach a funnel on a length of hose to the tappng for the turbo oil feed and fill from a height

-

• Gold FFM

Ah, yes.  Please video that.  Including all boot fixings.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

17 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Ah, yes.  Please video that.  Including all boot fixings.

Surely you’re not suggesting that Barry’s using a bit of politician’s licence in his quoted gearbox removal and replacement times?

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Takes a bit longer to refit - but you can have one of them boxes out in an hour.

especially when youve only just fitted it in - hope you can select second gear

2 hours ago, Dan E said:

Barry’s quiet! I reckon another V8 is on its way or he is having himself powder coated 

Hope his not at the bottom of the fish tank

Two sheds lit up. One shed trayed and 3/4 of ventilation cables pulled and cabletied.

its been too cold for going into the garage - and I’ve been knackeredC7128E53-C9EC-40F8-A8BA-9F46EDAD3B09.jpeg.4b430bf706c31d8dcd82ee9b5aa6dc31.jpeg82CFD841-5A41-4C48-A0B9-771F2CDA7F86.jpeg.ebd27e262dc886a0df81a62327fd092d.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yep - it’s a fking behemoth - it utterly dwarfs the van and that unextended and slumped down - takes some hauling of a fat ass up top deck.10FBA18D-BE43-481E-B592-0C49912B5BFF.thumb.jpeg.2afd723c60d99b88ce6c0cec5515b922.jpeg

here it is in the last shed - that’s a LWB vivaro behind it that’s being made to look small

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Any road up, finished the rad job yet?  Mine's done and back with its very happy owner in Leicestershire, nyaaah.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Rad packs in - full of water and so far not leaking.

tried turning it over - but having issues priming the oil pump. Have now forced the oil filter off - and my mates bringing a pump up so we can prime the pump and gallery’s. Maybe - just maybe I will get some time later tonight or tomorrow to sort.  Gotta take the missus and kids out for food first - they all want a steak

Ps - use one of these for fitting and removing the boot floor.

4F7B597D-3EEC-46B8-A8E8-240B3606BB08.jpeg.0b9d4e0ea5375f73f72deb0168e26465.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Fitting, maybe. Removing?  Grinder, chisel, sledgehammer.

• Gold FFM

As Mike said.How many V8's could Barry get in that shed, then the S4's, followed by the S3 turbo's, and S1 for the hell of it and top it off with a couple of old Triumphs.

• Thanks 1