Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 9 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Cut up a piece of flat bar, bend to suit, and drill the ends. Job done.

I won’t be buying one that’s for sure !! 

15 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

This is a sad excuse....I think mission creep is setting in....eh "Bro"

None at all - before phase 2 starts I must hear this car run. Absolutely nothing will get spent on exhausts, brakes, bushes and suspension until then 

• Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Ian/Steve - he will have to get the "piece of flat bar" burnished, galvanised, powder coated and engraved with the Kearley family coat of arms before it can go in. Deffo mission creep coming...

I feel an opportunity coming on for you to show us what the Kearly coat of arms looks like.......

• Gold FFM

Engine mounts on. Turbo charger bolted on. 

Progress slow in amongst answering to her indoors whom is doing my accounts and questioning stuff.8E0B4703-AACF-4CFB-9438-28B80570812A.thumb.jpeg.106fb71bb929768b5ff1be09b5198575.jpeg

anyone got any idea how this manifold bolt bracket thing works??? I sat looking at it and tossed it to one side when I couldn’t figure it out

FE698567-EA5D-4052-804C-B5BF04F674E6.thumb.jpeg.a07f78c49a79ef40ae7e9006d9f7a2de.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Indeed, I had previously been onto the Heraldic Society and enquired after the gentleman's pedigree and family arms. After a lengthy exchange, I finally acquired the Kearley crest. It is a donkey rampant, set upon a shield of powder coated red, supported by wreaths of red hot molten turbocharger exhaust fumes, surmounted by a crown of powder coated yellow. The arms are capped by an inverted carriage of the Kearley type, including weeds and other ancillary verge residents. The motto is ambiguous - it can be read several ways.

Hope that helps.

5a57f7c5a11d7_KearleyArms.jpg.09b57c17eb8879b257348616c69d4473.jpg

Best post ever! Falling around laughing, brilliant 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Not entirely sure, but I think it might locate on a camshaft end-cover stud, although they’re quite small, so it will no doubt break after 10 minutes, and then the turbo will fall off.

Your place in anti-heaven is assured ?

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I’ve managed to fit the engine and gearbox mounts on today after much searching for the fat washers.

pipe take off bits on plenum and fuel rails - the little plastic doofers - found all of those and fitted. Even managed to find the one way breather valves and stuff.

need the replacement exhaust studs which should come early next week, the ones in it are a tad short - sit flush with the flange nuts - but I’ve got some proper nuts to fit and they need to be longer. Need the bloody clutch bearing as well. So have been trying to find little things to do.

the mission creep temptation is very high - and it mustn’t win

• Like 2

Only here once

Man, I wished I didn't work 60 hour weeks. It's amazing how fast you can turn a project round with enough time, knowledge and a financially unobtrusive other half.

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Corrected.

Thanks chap - she’s going through my expenditure with a fine tooth comb doing the yearly accounts at the minute.

there has been a discussion. And hence we now have a new mirror and some baskets for logs in the lounge ?

25 minutes ago, Clarky5150 said:

Man, I wished I didn't work 60 hour weeks. It's amazing how fast you can turn a project round with enough time, knowledge and a financially unobtrusive other half.

Cut it down then - man needs down time to be effective. 

• Haha 1

Only here once

Its a long and not very interesting story but due to contractual idiosyncrasies I have no choice in what time I finish. Don't get me wrong, I don't have to dig holes in the rain and am paid reasonably well for my efforts. I have a plan to reduce my hours a fair amount upon reaching the big five O but that is a few years away yet. 

• Gold FFM

So I thought I’d change the manifold studs which are presently on the engine. I’d used the nuts and studs which came with the car - old flange nuts.

i now have some nice nuts and some stainless studs. Sheered the second stainless stud like it was made of toffee.

theres a warning - buy proper hard ass steel studs. Busted bit removed , a dozen new studs ordered and I’ve given up with it for now.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Barry when did you retire then mate? I am putting in 12 hours days and you spend most of the time breaking stuff, what going on? 

Ahhh don’t be fooled - spend the last day and a half wiring 88 chicken shed lights with feed and 0-10v cables......

96139687-3F07-47DA-BA6B-A162DBE9D8B2.jpeg

And the shed builders are a bit behind. Should be two big frames up and one little one. 

And they should be covered with tin as well ?30C1A475-ABDB-4C71-B804-063C382F9EC6.thumb.jpeg.d9c269c58e2f17e9c89c9ab276611741.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Agreed also if you have a look at the chicken shed there is not one bit of wiring in it. I am convinced he owns  a company called “Taxis to Swimming Pools” 

• Haha 2