Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprits required for ABSOLUTE Lotus group test - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprits required for ABSOLUTE Lotus group test

Bibs

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I did see that but being abroad and trying to relax has seen me slip behind on messages. It's a group test so ideally all the cars need to be in fine health to give the reviewer a chance to get a feel for them. They also need to be very clean and in good order visually (I'm looking at you Kearley!) as you are representing not only TLF but more importantly the Esprit, they need to be good cars on the day in every respect to do the model proud. 

I've pointed Adam from AL to this thread and hopefully he can give you more of an idea of time/location, it's a bit tricky for me right now. 

I’m out :getmecoat:

mine not clean very often and had a great love of gravel rash

Only here once

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Ha, ha!

My experience with the media (and I include the BBC in this) is that they’re a pain in the arse that want you to bend over backwards for them, and expect you to run around pandering to their every need for nothing, while they make money from filming or photographing or interviewing you.

I wouldn’t normally touch them with a barge pole, except Bibs has asked.

I heard a story and it may be an urban myth that the BBC borrowed a very original and immaculate Ferrari and then proceeded to drill holes in the dashboard to mount a camera. The owner was horrified to see holes in the vinyl where the camera had been and the BBC just said "Oh don't worry about it we'll pay to have it recovered"

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I did see that but being abroad and trying to relax has seen me slip behind on messages. It's a group test so ideally all the cars need to be in fine health to give the reviewer a chance to get a feel for them. They also need to be very clean and in good order visually (I'm looking at you Kearley!) as you are representing not only TLF but more importantly the Esprit, they need to be good cars on the day in every respect to do the model proud. 

I've pointed Adam from AL to this thread and hopefully he can give you more of an idea of time/location, it's a bit tricky for me right now. 

Thanks Bibs - in which case I’m not sure my car will be fit for purpose but I’ll see what Adam has to say - enjoy Poland!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

I wouldn’t normally touch them with a barge pole, except Bibs has asked.

I tend to think alike. I know someone who lent his classic car to a French magazine for a full review and he hasn't even received a free copy of it :X

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m out :getmecoat:

mine not clean very often and had a great love of gravel rash

Steady on old chap, Bibs loves you really. He’s just been distracted* by cheap Polish beer, that’s all.

*Shit-faced.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Mine ain't that great.  Couple of lacquer issues, one fairly bad door mirror body, bit of wear on driver's seat bolster, slight screen delam in one corner, and you won't be eating your dinner off the engine  It ain't 50 Shades, but it's probably 5, although it hides it quite well.  Drives lovely though. 😁

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, Giniw said:

I tend to think alike. I know someone who lent his classic car to a French magazine for a full review and he hasn't even received a free copy of it :X

Had a fantastic spread in classic and sportscars of my V8 - it was great.

and honest - no airbrushing of the slightly wonky no plate

• Haha 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

The owner, on the other hand..........

I freely admit I'm rough as a badger's arse.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I'd have thought that the Exotic group of companies could knock up a decent Esprit from their spare parts bins by the weekend.... 

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

And enjoying driving our cars throughout the summer

It's your fault.....you and your scaremongering are what made me take mine apart in the first place...

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Oh don’t say that - it’s you and your worry about ims play! Did you measure and resolve that one?

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Oh don’t say that - it’s you and your worry about ims play! Did you measure and resolve that one?

Pfft...no, give me a chance...I'm a bloke, I don't multitask. 

• Gold FFM

Anyone know what is going on with this? The 7th is better for me as I really need to be in Leeds on the 6th. Really need to know when and where to make a plan. I am sure everyone feels the same 

• Gold FFM

No idea, mate.  6 is better for me as I'm supposed to be seeing Vipers on 7.  Don't think Bibs has quorum yet, so maybe it will be postponed?

• Gold FFM

I can do the 6th if needs be but you would think Absolute would be a bit more proactive on this. Bibs is knee deep in vodka so no help there 😅

• Haha 1

Hi all,

Apologies for being late to the thread, and thanks to all who've replied so far. We're still pressing on to make this happen this week, and it looks as if Weds will suit more people than Thurs.

Location will be somewhere central for all. We'll try not to make it more than a couple of hours drive for everyone if possible.

Could I confirm that @Dan E, @Chillidoggy, @Sparky and Llewelyn82 (who I can't tag for some reason!) can all make it? Could you email me on adam@performancepublishing.co.uk with your mobile numbers?

We'll need to photograph each car individually and as a group, and drive each car. The whole process will take about six hours, starting at 10am. We'll be 'finished' with those who have driven furthest first to get them on their way. We'll supply a copy of the mag, pics and lunch to everyone.

Now just need to find an S1, Sport and, in agreement with @hedgerley, a V8. 

Cheers,
Adam (Absolute Lotus)

1 hour ago, AdamWilkins said:

Hi all,

Apologies for being late to the thread, and thanks to all who've replied so far. We're still pressing on to make this happen this week, and it looks as if Weds will suit more people than Thurs.

Location will be somewhere central for all. We'll try not to make it more than a couple of hours drive for everyone if possible.

Could I confirm that @Dan E, @Chillidoggy, @Sparky and Llewelyn82 (who I can't tag for some reason!) can all make it? Could you email me on adam@performancepublishing.co.uk with your mobile numbers?

We'll need to photograph each car individually and as a group, and drive each car. The whole process will take about six hours, starting at 10am. We'll be 'finished' with those who have driven furthest first to get them on their way. We'll supply a copy of the mag, pics and lunch to everyone.

Now just need to find an S1, Sport and, in agreement with @hedgerley, a V8. 

Cheers,
Adam (Absolute Lotus)

Hi Adam - I'm afraid I definitely won't be able to offer my S1 annoyingly - having spoken again with my mechanic, he's advised not to do any real driving in it until the carbs (and oil leak!) are sorted + I can't do Wednesday anyways. If you ever need a pristine original white and tartan S1 in the future though, do please drop me a line - normally more than happy to offer up my cars to magazines. Hope the shoot goes well :) 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hi Adam 

i am pretty sure @Chillidoggy can’t do wed. Thursday is better for me but can  do wed. Pending where this is going to be might be good to have an early start to miss the traffic? Or maybe see if you can get anymore interest for next week I can be completely flexible then. 

Also going to struggle to get the car cleaned for wed as in Birmingham at the moment returning late tomorrow 

let’s have your thoughts especially on location 

Danny