Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fun replicas - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fun replicas

Thanks. Saw that but it’s an older car which is fine but a newer car at similar price appeals more. Top contenders for the 11 category are:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C920420

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C982855

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I live near Stoneleigh where the Kit Car Show is based and my favourite Kit car moment was watching the face of an enthusiastic MR2-based F355 owner filling up in a local garage when a real 355 drove in! :P  Hawk Stratos for me please though with a Busso V6 fitted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AdamWilkins said:

Having driven a couple of ERA 30s, I'd say that's a sound bet. Feels like an Elise S1 turned up to 11. Apart from its practicality, which is turned down somewhat...

Oooh that’s interesting that you’ve driven one and like it. Was my main worry that it wouldn’t be very well developed although looked well engineered.

Trevor.

On 4 June 2018 at 11:51, Trevsked said:

Thanks. Saw that but it’s an older car which is fine but a newer car at similar price appeals more. Top contenders for the 11 category are:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C920420

Trevor.

This first one you linked to would be my choice if you're set on getting an 11. The owner looks to have built it very intelligently and being such a lightweight engine, the Rover K Series would complement the car perfectly I should imagine. Ok, it's not as original a choice as the BMC A Series, but then the car isn't original anyway and as a bit of fun, it would certainly float my boat.

I think if you have the opportunity to have an 11 replica [or the real thing 😅] I'd be taking someone's arm off. In fact if you get one can I come and video it? There's a style of driving inherent that is bygone. The other left field thing that came to mind when you mentioned the Caterham 21 is the Fisher Fury. I think better looking and whilst I have no idea how well developed they are, they seem to have a decent background and you could have one that needs that bit of 'making your own' for a fraction of your budget. 

On the moving it on later score - granted you might have to be patient for anything in this category to sell but I think the trick is presenting the best one without trying to take a pound of flesh out of the prospective owner. As you said, talk of profit has no place here but if you're doing your own tinkering there's no reason you can't have one of these things wash it's own face. Anyway we're talking toys here and you never worried about the money when the new thing came out as a child, they're made to be played with and broken 🤘🏼😝

• Like 1

Looking up the Fisher Fury as I'd never heard of it, led me to Striker Cars http://www.striker-cars.co.uk/ - never heard of them either :) Don't particularly like the Striker, but the Phoenix looks interesting.

• Like 1

Funny enough I assumed Striker was the same Car as the one male class of racing here in Ireland. Turns out that's Stryker.http://www.strykercars.com/

To be fair though Trev you could just buy Ron Champions book and spend the other £19,976.00 on something exotic for the drive train.

• Gold FFM

George agreed on the 11 I spent a lonely meal for one in Leeds last night with a nice bottle of Chablis reading some chaps build thread of him building one, in fact I was enjoying it so much I ended up the last one in there then got chucked out! 

It’s a pretty comprehensive kit and having built a 1380 MG Midget into a Safety Fast replica 30 years ago I reckon it is just what I need to get back into spannering. As ever no space and cash are an issue, maybe a trip to Beachy Head with the parents and the mother in law could solve that though 😳

• Like 2

The Fisher Fury was made originally in Marden Kent but then merged and morphed into other names and makes.   Seem to remember years ago (15-20 ish) I tuned the owners Mark Fishers piano at his home. 

The Ace does look nice and thanks for the link. I’m guessing on the Vitesse chassis it won’t deliver the drive I’d like though. The 11 does appeal and you’d be welcome to drive/video it George.

Fisher Fury is pretty enough and cheap too so that’s a possibility.

Trevor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

The Ace does look nice and thanks for the link. I’m guessing on the Vitesse chassis it won’t deliver the drive I’d like though.

I'd say its pretty enough, rare enough and cheap enough to be worth the fact finding mission. 

edit; I'm secretly hoping you buy the Ace, but video either way. Looking forward to it.

@Trevsked - Can't get the link to work, so have added the filters into the original post.

• 2 weeks later...