Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 14 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

7 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

You might have to go the ‘whole hog’ and invest in one of these:

https://shop.thelotusforums.com/products/lotus-certificate-of-provenance

Ah yes, Lotus are moving all the Elan provenance enquiries to a similar presentation as well.

A nice touch though and an ideal birthday present. Unfortunately only last week I 'suggested' one of these for the next birthday:

https://petrolvibes.eu/products/evora-s-2011-detailed-silhouette-metal-wall-art?_pos=2&_sid=18807e37f&_ss=r

But maybe a certificate for Christmas...and I will re-position the flag badges!

I might still email Andy as I would like to clear up the 18/19 wheel combo question that seems to be the only anomaly remaining.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@JAWS might be able to clear up the wheel sizes question as he helped to clear my misconception re the 18/19 and 19/20 wheels re the "S".

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I suspect you could probably spec down to the smaller wheels if you wanted. They do improve ride a bit.

If you do get the certificate, you should definitely look at getting it with forum membership.

On 03/05/2024 at 07:20, Hal said:

Ah yes, Lotus are moving all the Elan provenance enquiries to a similar presentation as well.

A nice touch though and an ideal birthday present. Unfortunately only last week I 'suggested' one of these for the next birthday:

https://petrolvibes.eu/products/evora-s-2011-detailed-silhouette-metal-wall-art?_pos=2&_sid=18807e37f&_ss=r

But maybe a certificate for Christmas...and I will re-position the flag badges!

I might still email Andy as I would like to clear up the 18/19 wheel combo question that seems to be the only anomaly remaining.

Based on your interior description of the car; it seems to be a legitimate Sports Racer.

The 18/19" Forged wheels (albeit yours painted gold) were fitted to the Chinese Sport Racer and it is true some of these were changed to European spec. Yours being an IPS alludes to this.

However, I notice that your calipers are marked "LOTUS" which leads me to believe it's not an "ex" Chinese car, unless these were changed as well as all the other badging (any more pics?)

I suspect a previous owner or dealer "downsized" to those Forged variants. I'm intrigued.

Lotus have a long history of using what's available in the factory on the day of production.

Just sayin'.

When I bought my first Evora the wheels in particular were in short supply. Taking wheels off of finished cars to put them on cars in production to move them around the production line. 

My own car arrived at the dealer with the wrong wheels who then took them off and sent them out for refinishing to the factory option I'd ordered.  

• Gold FFM

Just gone to take mine out of the garage and give it an early morning Bank Holiday blast up to the Moors - and realised the MOT is out by a week! ☹️

• Shock 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Here is an excerpt from a mail from Andy Graham in response to mine ( the rest of the mail is Elan stuff that I cut out)

Hi Hal,

1. I have the data that I use to create the certificate of provenance, it is not publicly available,
  2. Yes I have your car as one of the ‘Sports Racers’
  3. Yes, for some reason your car left the factory with 18/19” wheels. Without manually going through every build file, I don’t know if there were others

Re the first point, I asked him if he had a table with other info of the SRs - colour, drive etc in case anyone wanted to create a register...

Having popped a front tyre not so long ago trying unsuccessfully to navigate the potholes in West Oxfordshire, I shall stick with 18/19s that will be easier on the pocket it there is a next time!🤣