Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 42 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

9 hours ago, Colin P said:

I did, sounded good, I could hear it even with the 400 with the valve open. Mine is 1 row in front of the red exige just out of shot. 

Thanks Colin,

Did we nearly have some fun after a roundabout just before the 2 Esprits & Police at the side of the road? I was just about To give it the full beans and see “wot yer got?” When blue flashing lights ahead stopped play. It was all really good natured fun, someone mentioned early Goodwood Revival/Festival atmosphere, I think that’s spot on.

regards

Alan

23 minutes ago, The Modifier said:

Thanks Colin,

Did we nearly have some fun after a roundabout just before the 2 Esprits & Police at the side of the road? I was just about To give it the full beans and see “wot yer got?” When blue flashing lights ahead stopped play. It was all really good natured fun, someone mentioned early Goodwood Revival/Festival atmosphere, I think that’s spot on.

regards

Alan

I'd already seen the blue lights before exiting the roundabout and had short shifted 2 or 3 seconds before you eased off. I remember thinking "I hope he sees them", agree about revival atmosphere.

I've been to too many Goodwood meetings such that I assume the Police will be out on the main roads so am usually doing a good impression of an action man with "eagle eyes" and even then staying within spitting distance of the speed limit. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

12 hours ago, Hornsey Boy said:

So thanks to @Bibs for all your efforts on organising this, and I think the best way for us to show our appreciation is by at least becoming full forum members. Without Bibs and this forum the event wouldn't have happened.  

Thanks for the kind words and your continued support mate :thumbup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

This might be a bit controversial, but I don't think Lotus should stage an event of this magnitude at Hethel every year. It was a great introduction for Geely, but I think they should now concentrate all their efforts and money into realising the newly announced plans, developing the range and increasing sales.

Maybe the next event will be the opening of the planned new buildings, otherwise the 75th anniversary could be the next big one, if 80 seems too far away? What do you guys think?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

What a fantastic event - huge thanks and respect to @Bibs et al for putting this together - I've organised a few events over in my other life as an Alfa club rep, including a run to Milan for their centenary, so I can really appreciate just what was involved. :thumbsup:

Absolutely well worth returning from Murcia days earlier than I otherwise would have done, and giving the Evora an extended workout over 1400+ miles in 17 hours of driving - "Oh, those signs are in KPH are they officer?" :whistle:- to get there, albeit somewhat tardy thanks to them only having 1 lane open at the Eurotunnel check-in/passport control, for the BBQ. Big thanks also due to @C8RKH and Bibs (again) for organising me some sustenance upon arrival.

I hope my car's attempt to 'add lightness' during the record attempt didn't cause any others to have to swerve around the debris on the track, :blush: . My 'chavvy' mis-spaced rear number plate fell off somewhere out there (the sticky pads securing it had clearly not endured the Spanish heat in the preceding week) - if it's found, Lotus are welcome to keep it as a momento of my visit, :lol:. I also added even more lightness by losing out of the carrier bag, crammed with all manner of 70th goodies, my newly-bought poster somewhere between the 'shop' and my car (gutted I am :cry:) although I didn't discover my loss until I was back at my B&B and so too late to go get a replacement - can I put my name on the list to purchase another if there are any spares please?

Not quite home yet but nearly there - taking a slower pace for the final part of the journey. Stayed over amongst the turnip fields until yesterday morning so I could visit Duxford on Sunday (saw quite a few Lotus from over the channel in the car park) and meet up with my cousin who lives, for his sins, in Stevenage

Stopped in York last night, visit to the Railway Museum this morning then on home tonight.

• Like 2

What a fantastic day! My first visit to Hethel. It went so quickly, I think I saw everything I wanted to see but I know I missed lots too. The icing on the cake was getting to do the track laps in the passenger seat of an Elan Sprint, what a sight, what an experience! 

I can’t really add any more than has already been said, thanks to Bibs, all at Lotus, the Elan Central guys, Carl the Elan owner and everyone that helped make this such an amazing day!

9342F18B-71E6-47B0-8078-2AE1E6148E4B.jpeg

3F2421F8-7ED1-4691-9AF5-56C2B3940AE5.jpeg

05B0A3DC-18CC-4BE6-9700-B5EA4BF948AB.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Forgot to mention earlier. Someone left an Apple phone at the smoking area. It had an Orange cover. I handed it to the security guy who was at the grandstand as he said he would be there most of the day and was close by the seating area if anyone came back looking for it.  Good luck in getting it back

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

This might be a bit controversial, but I don't think Lotus should stage an event of this magnitude at Hethel every year. It was a great introduction for Geely, but I think they should now concentrate all their efforts and money into realising the newly announced plans, developing the range and increasing sales.

Maybe the next event will be the opening of the planned new buildings, otherwise the 75th anniversary could be the next big one, if 80 seems too far away? What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, theelanman said:

I kind of agree with @LotusLeftLotusRight......on the basis of that if its every year it could lose its sparkle.......and stop being the amazing extravaganza it is

dont get me wrong.....a gathering like this is always a must.......just over using the sacred home from whence all brilliance emanates could dull its shine....and Id hate to see that happen......we need to preserve those immortal mansions

:thumbup:

To be honest I agree with you both - the event looked really great - but I can't help but thing every year might be too often and it wouldn't be so 'special'. However, 10 years seems a bit excessive too albeit in the opposite direction - perhaps every 5 years would be better?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So the banner saying "See you next year" was just a tease?

2019 celebrates 30 years of the Elan M100 so it would be good for Lotus to have some sort of celebration for that event.  👍

Even if we go there alone 😀

2018-09-30 20.43.59.jpg

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, trevorB said:

Even if we go there alone 

We should not let that happen... I would happily join you in the celebrations.

Just my 2 cents (maybe slightly over enthusiastic after the great time I had), but while I agree that repeating the same thing every year over and over again would probably discredit it, I am sure the product range and history of the brand is deep enough to ensure that different things can be done at different scales each year (or every two years as and when the opportunity arises).

It was my first time in the factory and one of the surprises was that it is actually a nice place to spend a day in, with the nice alley surrounded by trees, etc.

I am sure there are many ways of making good use of the premises for the visitors, turning it into good marketing for Lotus/Gelly. Probably even more so once the upgrade/refurbishment for the new visitors centre is completed.

“Personally I think the Brands Hatch style Lotus Festival is great as an annual event, with something special at Hethel every 5 or 10 years to mark the major anniversaries.”  

Agree👏👏

• Like 1

I agree - Lotus should do something special to mark the 30th Anniversary of the m100 Elan (but then again, I'm biased!!)