Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 254 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Over on auto trader a 2012 registered IPS S in Aspen White, without premium pack advertised at £39k which is asking very strong money IMO at that spec level.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

End of the motoring season for another year for many, so not unreasonable to see more Lotus coming to market. I'd expect softer prices as the number of cars for sale increases, the weather turns, and with less buyers out there looking.

We're definitely now starting to move into a buyer rather than seller favoured market and if you can hang on then maybe best to wait till March next year to sell?

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, lovely condition sport racer being sold by Gareth Jarvis on the Evora Facebook group. Low mileage, solar yellow at £45k. As the last of the pre 400 cars it'll be interesting to see how it goes. 

Think I'll keep mine taxed, you can be gifted with some lovely autumn and winter days and it's not that expensive to tax. That said I've still got to get the stupid Elite running right and want to use that on the food days. 

I thought this might be of interest. After I put the feelers out on a few places a couple of weeks ago looking for an Evora I was really surprised on the number of cars I've been offered that aren't currently listed anywhere and weirdly every single one has been a 2010 NA. I think I've been offered 10 now and have included a selection of cars I've been offered below (without any price negotiation). I'm still looking for a car but given what I've been offered I'm currently valuing 2010 NA cars at £23k through to £29k for the very best low mileage example. There are a few owners wanted low 30's for their cars but I think they are just too close to S prices.

2010 NA Solar Yellow, 46k miles £24k

2010, NA, Blue - 77k - £24,500

2010 NA, Grey, 82k miles - £26k

2010 NA, Aspen White, 64k miles - £28,500

2010 NA, Grey, 47k miles – £30k

2010 NA, Starlight black, 24k miles, £31k

2010 NA, Ardent red, 47k miles, £32k

Edited by TrevS
  • Like 1

@TrevS a couple of things to consider.

1) I think 23k is too low. Evoras seem to have reached a bit of a depreciation floor (regardless of the Covid driven bubble). Any Evora at that price would probably be pretty shabby and not worth the saving over a better maintained one.

2) If I were you, I’d lift the range by 2K at each end. It’s much more important how it has been maintained and what things are sorted than saving a couple of grand on the purchase. For example, the clutch master cylinder and radiator are both (low probability) failure points which could result in needing a tow. Whilst the parts to upgrade either are inexpensive, the labour to do so is not. If a car has these addressed, I’d be prepared to pay a bit more to know they have been. Same goes for things like clutch replacement / upgrade to 400 unit, and gearbox synchro rebuild though those are obviously on a totally different scale for cost.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TrevS said:

I thought this might be of interest. After I put the feelers out on a few places a couple of weeks ago looking for an Evora I was really surprised on the number of cars I've been offered that aren't currently listed anywhere and weirdly every single one has been a 2010 NA. I think I've been offered 10 now and have included a selection of cars I've been offered below (without any price negotiation). I'm still looking for a car but given what I've been offered I'm currently valuing 2010 NA cars at £23k through to £29k for the very best low mileage example. There are a few owners wanted low 30's for their cars but I think they are just too close to S prices.

Mines still for sale, but I guess it's the wrong colour for you.

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/evora-3-5-v6-coupe-2dr-manual-280-ps/

14 hours ago, TrevS said:

I noticed that the 2016 Sport 410 with 10k miles sold for £45k this time on Collecting cars. I know it's an IPS car but seems like that was a good buy?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2016-lotus-evora-sport-410

That was a hell of a good buy at £45k, bordering on bargain of the year.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's not a bargain in terms of current appeal in the market today. It's been unsold at least once if not twice before. No warranty either. 

Certainly good value transport for an end user and if you like the firmer louder Sport 410, stonking value compared to buying it new...but not a bargain if defined as 'sold for less than market value'. 

If the buyer wants out within a year, I think they'll struggle to return the price paid. 

Justin 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TrevS said:

The solar yellow one sounds like a good price was it a cat D or something? Was it through the forum?

On 15/10/2023 at 14:41, jep said:

It's not a bargain in terms of current appeal in the market today. It's been unsold at least once if not twice before. No warranty either. 

Certainly good value transport for an end user and if you like the firmer louder Sport 410, stonking value compared to buying it new...but not a bargain if defined as 'sold for less than market value'. 

If the buyer wants out within a year, I think they'll struggle to return the price paid. 

Justin 

I think the issue was the IPS box but in the razzier chassis, diminishes the size of the target audience. 

Agreed but all Sport 410 have been slow to sell in 2023. 

Brilliant cars, they'll be a clamour for them soon. 

IPS an odd choice in that chassis, yes but it may be the only one! Must be v rare. That's a lot of fun for £45k. 

Justin 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

I think the issue was the IPS box but in the razzier chassis, diminishes the size of the target audience. 

Would make a great track day car - never understood the issue with the IPS box, I mean, nobody says I'm not going to have a McLaren because it's not a manual...

The IPS is not a "bad" box especially in the "4xx" cars and with the autoblip it really does sound superb.

If I had a spare £45k right now, I'd have bought it to track it. But I haven't. So I can't.

The small print.

Agreed but at half to a third, or even a quarter, of the price. Just merely pointing out that for the performance, it was/is a great price.

The small print.

18 hours ago, Benny90210 said:

Yes I think your probably right, I thought TrevS was saying they were 10 cars he had been offered but are not currently advertised. That one was an auction sale but I think he mentioned he did bid on it.

Hi all

Sorry if there was some confusion. You are correct the yellow car on my list was the one from the auction that I bid on which I have on my list to help me benchmark other cars against.

I can confirm I've been offered 10 Evora's that are not currently listed for sale. The cheapest I have been offered was a Cat D for £18k!

Trev

I think that Sport 410 is a good indicator of where the market is right now. You can make excuses that it didn't achieve top money because it's an IPS car but the market is very quiet and is 100% a buyers market on all sports/prestige cars at the moment. I think you can only base the market prices for Evora's based on what's actually going through as sold.

Unrelated, I had a call from a dealer that I spoke to in the summer about a Porsche 997 I had considered. The car was listed at £38k back in May. I've been offered the same car now at £32,995 as it has clearly not had any interest. I'm seeing quite a few of the same 911's I was looking at in May/June still on the market and as we head into winter I can only see prices weaken further. I've told them that I'll consider taking the car if the prices starts with a 2. Don't judge me but I as that car has sat for so long unsold it would have to be a stonking deal for me to want to take it.

I know not the same as Evora's but 911's have typically been holding strong in terms of used prices and now starting to cool off massively so again an indicator of where the market is at. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TrevS said:

Don't judge me but I as that car has sat for so long unsold it would have to be a stonking deal for me to want to take it.

We won't. As you say, at the right price even a 911 is a stonking car to have. I do agree with you, very definitely a buyers market right now and not a lot of high value, enthusiast cars are selling.

You'll always get the real Prestige cars, like late model Range Rovers, Bentley GT's etc selling, but those punters seem to be recession proof and are often cash buyers. Well, life is tough, so people do turn to da weed and white powder like, don't they....

The small print.