Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 57 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 15/11/2017 at 22:09, Bravo73 said:

Lovely. If someone is looking for a modified Evora, that’s the one to get. All of the right mods in all the right places. Best of luck with the sale. 

That's my car sold and gone as of yesterday morning. Went to proper enthusiast who plans to regularly track the car.

Pick up the new motor tomorrow :)

Which is? Come on, you knew that would be the first and only question.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

You complete and utter t......          tease...!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

He’s a lucky guy. Your (old) car must be a serious weapon on track. 

Does the new owner know about TLF?

It sure was, Nitrons set, fresh Cup 2s and it was fantastic in the corners. 

I didn't actually ask him if he was on the forum. He seen the advert on Autotrader. He owns a McLaren 570S aswell and had an Evora NA in the past.

3 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Ah. I remember meeting a gent at Snetterton in a Macca. He also said that he had an Evora. I wonder if its the same guy... 

Was he Australian?

12 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Ah. I remember meeting a gent at Snetterton in a Macca. He also said that he had an Evora. I wonder if its the same guy... 

I think that was the chap who came and looked at my Elise. He had a green 400 and was racing an Elise S1. Sold his 'lift' business. Nice bloke.

1 hour ago, bosshog said:

I think that was the chap who came and looked at my Elise. He had a green 400 and was racing an Elise S1. Sold his 'lift' business. Nice bloke.

Different day at Snetteron, I think.

3 hours ago, bosshog said:

Sounds like one of our customers - the 400 is a Hethel edition.  He won't have bought SAJs car.

Dave

Compared to the prices of elise's and S1/s2 exiges I still think the early evora are bargains. That's a nice looking car even though it's got some miles.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, pete said:

I hate you for that....that’s without doubt my favourite colour combo

Only here once

be interested to know how its stood up to those miles, what maintenance above normal servicing was required.. might just message the seller..

highest milage one ive seen.. still looks sharp from pictures

On 06/12/2017 at 23:38, andyj007 said:

be interested to know how its stood up to those miles, what maintenance above normal servicing was required.. might just message the seller..

highest milage one ive seen.. still looks sharp from pictures

seller came back to re my interest on what maintenance was required on his 118k evora..  

hes had 2 first one 90k miles (LE) , and this one 118k miles , both obviously cared for with servicing at the intervals but  said they had  been incredibly reliable. Only  ever needing  to replace the same  one  part across both cars, that wasnt consumables ( tyres / brakes, oils plugs) which was a wishbone as you cannot  just swap out a  ball joint. (which was what needed replacing )

vast majority of miles were motorway 

thats seriously good in my book  and who ever buys this is going to get a bargain..

Edited by andyj007

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone 

I am a recent joiner of this forum as I am trying to purchase my very first lotus

i had already posted in the Eovra Wanted and received some fab replies 

however my question is on the current Eovra trend of pricing has it generally remained very static that cars ie 09/10 plate are not losing value so hence given the proportional mileage and age the cars are retailing for very much the same year on year?

i know this will be subjective but broadly speaking as I am prepared to wait for a car to fit my budget will my wait be in vain if prices actually creep upwards ? 

To OP, yes, that’s about the sum of it.

My first Evora I bought at 2 years old with 24k on it. It was sold by the dealer nearly 4 years later with 44k on it for £1500 less than I paid for it. 

BTW I also looked at Bibs car which was also for sale at the time (5years ago) and it was the same price then too.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.