Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 75 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

I see Leven have a nice looking blue MY11 well within your budget @mayesprit although does appear to be missing the tech and premium pack but has had a double din head unit added in. Or you looking for an MY12/SR?

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/2011-lotus-evora-s-4-v6-petrol-coupe-ag

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

1 hour ago, mayesprit said:

Yes. Both are within budget. The white one I prefer the look of colour wise but more expensive on the running costs - an S with the higher HP. The Yellow one is perfect but slightly undecided on the ‘marmite’ solar yellow colour - (waiting to hear back from an email from them)

I took the yellow one out for a test drive a few weeks back. I had doubts about the colour, but in the flesh it was gorgeous. If it was an S, it would be in my garage now.

Edited by Bob Booker
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, internets said:

I see Leven have a nice looking blue MY11 well within your budget @mayesprit although does appear to be missing the tech and premium pack but has had a double din head unit added in. Or you looking for an MY12/SR?

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/2011-lotus-evora-s-4-v6-petrol-coupe-ag

Hi Chris

Yes I have seen it. Its an S again. No Tech, Premium or black pack. Ideally looking for a MY12 SR. I missed the perfect one at Howard’s Lotus in Somerset by about a week - £40k 2014 White SR with low miles - It got collected by its new owner last week.👎

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

2 hours ago, mayesprit said:

I could easily but I hate finance even if its only for a couple of grand. Im also not struck on not actually owning it.

Easyest way is buy the best I can afford.

Hmm, I bought my S new back in 2012. It arrived in September just before the SR became available. Such was my haste to own one I borrowed a large sum from the bank, plus a little cash and a very lovely Isotope Exige 260S in PX. Best decision I ever made. I was lucky that I was able to pay off the bank early, and the car has been mine for over 6 years, 5 of which have been outright ownership. No regrets.

Just do it :smoke:

Just an update, my car has just been collected from my home by Lotus Silverstone so will be available for viewing there from tomorrow on SOR basis.

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-S-U136/

Still gutted for even having to consider selling, but major thanks to Aimee & Matt for their very professional approach and agreeing to collect it in these unfortunate circumstances.

• Sad 1

On 26/11/2018 at 23:54, tim_marra said:

Hmm, I bought my S new back in 2012. It arrived in September just before the SR became available. Such was my haste to own one I borrowed a large sum from the bank, plus a little cash and a very lovely Isotope Exige 260S in PX. Best decision I ever made. I was lucky that I was able to pay off the bank early, and the car has been mine for over 6 years, 5 of which have been outright ownership. No regrets.

Just do it :smoke:

Tim,

You raise a good point in that you CAN pay off the finance early and with no penalty usually. Let the finance run, again usually, for 6 months and the dealers "bonus" is not normally clawed back by the Finance company either and so may also allow the dealer to "flex" the price of the car a little more too.

So, whilst i understand @mayesprit your desire not to use Finance, which you can make to work for you and stay in control of, just remember the ONE MAJOR FINAL BENEFIT of using finance, your consumer protection rights are 100% better if you have used Finance to part pay for a vehicle and the Finance company has a legal obligation to sort any issues that may arise that are covered by the legislation, and, if all fails, you can hand the vehicle back a s a dud for no penalty etc.

So, I respect your view on Finance. I bought my first S1 NA with 75% cash and 25% finance that I paid off from the money I had already in the bank, in the 6 month for the exact reasons of the extra protection that it afforded me.

Again, good luck with your continued search.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oh interesting tip that!  So if I have understood correctly you can use the finance as a kind of warranty?  In the event that something should fail on the car and dealer is not willing to spot it out free of charge you can lean on the finance company to sort it out for you?

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So, whilst i understand @mayesprit your desire not to use Finance, which you can make to work for you and stay in control of, just remember the ONE MAJOR FINAL BENEFIT of using finance, your consumer protection rights are 100% better if you have used Finance to part pay for a vehicle and the Finance company has a legal obligation to sort any issues that may arise that are covered by the legislation, and, if all fails, you can hand the vehicle back a s a dud for no penalty etc.

Agree with this, in recent years I usually buy our cars on finance too and pay off early unless the interest is lower than our offset pays. 

5 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Oh interesting tip that!  So if I have understood correctly you can use the finance as a kind of warranty?  In the event that something should fail on the car and dealer is not willing to spot it out free of charge you can lean on the finance company to sort it out for you?

Kind of, but really if it turns out to be a significant issue rather than smaller things. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

5 hours ago, electro_boy said:

You have greater consumer protection rights in the UK against Finance Companies. Has been thus for 20 years and surprised people don't know this. Anything over £500 I believe.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yellow/Black Evora - info needed before I buy.

Registration number: AU 60 DXM.

The link to it is here  :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810241791494?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=LOTUS&postcode=ts274bs&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=80&sort=sponsored&page=1#fpa-description

If anyone has any knowledge of the car I'd be most grateful to receive it to help me decide if I should buy it. Also what do you think of the price? The roof is black wrapped and does have a couple of wrinkles in it. It's located in Newcastle.

Thanks guys,

Dave

12 minutes ago, fillpoke said:

Yellow/Black Evora - info needed before I buy.

Registration number: AU 60 DXM.

The link to it is here  :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810241791494?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=LOTUS&postcode=ts274bs&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=80&sort=sponsored&page=1#fpa-description

If anyone has any knowledge of the car I'd be most grateful to receive it to help me decide if I should buy it. Also what do you think of the price? The roof is black wrapped and does have a couple of wrinkles in it. It's located in Newcastle.

Thanks guys,

Dave

It doesn't have the premium pack as the advert says and the airbag cover is warped - this is a fiddly job to fix as the clips will have broken. Front bumper is lower on the nearside for some reason

2 hours ago, gregs24 said:

It doesn't have the premium pack as the advert says and the airbag cover is warped - this is a fiddly job to fix as the clips will have broken. Front bumper is lower on the nearside for some reason

How many have an airbag cover that isn't warped?

The reason the nearside is lower could well be related to the panel gap difference Sherlock!

Far too cheap anyway......................

• Like 1

Dave.

Wow prices seem to be starting to drop a little now for the earlier cars which I find quite surprising.

The front bumper might just need adjustment not all of them were perfect from the factory, but the yellow and black does look lovely, really sharp. I wouldn't worry about the airbag cover at that price. Indeed at that price it "looks" cracking value.

• Like 1

The small print.

cant check the mot history via dvla website as must have been on a private plate...  nice car , very  nice price..  

have  chat with the  owner, check the history receipts, ask for the previous plate and check the MOT history online, you can check any advisories, you will get a feel if its a cherished example.

same spec as mine had it three years.. not spent a penny other than yearly servicing and my own mods. 

good luck! 

7 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

The reason the nearside is lower could well be related to the panel gap difference Sherlock!

Far too cheap anyway......................

Well I was trying to be helpful to the new forum member rather than acting as a butt for your undoubted wit !

I for one would find the airbag cover extremely annoying as you have to look at it all the time. Bumper may be fine (or only crappy build quality) but also may not - worth investigating. Agree it is too cheap really.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Well, it is a 2+0 - limited market... ;)

Bollocks!  I got significantly more than that as a px for my +0 just a few months ago! ;)

The added bonus is that when you want to go out for a drive and some peace and quiet you have a genuine excuse to tell the kids, and the missus, to @@@@ off as their ain't any room!  I'm considering taking the ultralight carbon passenger seat out of my 410 so there is absolutely no possibility of a whinging, whining passenger when I go out for "my time" in the car.  Some people might see this as a rather selfish and nasty approach. Well they can @@@@ off!  It's my car...... So there! It's time that those of us who can grow (grey albeit) hairs on their chests without feeling the need to get them waxed take back control. +2Exit is what we need.   :happydance::blobfire:

Oh, and I need to get my carbon seat covered in leather to keep the god damn vegans and tree huggers away!   :sofa:

Back on topic, on 2nd look (well, 5th or 6th actually), that air bag cover does not look warped, it looks like it has been removed and just loosely placed on top. Knock £500 off the price for a new one to be fitted and be done with it. :) Other than that it does look lovely and still, I think, seems to be on Pirelli P Zero's. Not cheap tyres so would suggest it has had the money spent on it needed. I always think cheaper tyres on a car like this is a hint that other stuff may have been scrimped on too.

32 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

I for one would find the airbag cover extremely annoying as you have to look at it all the time

I would prefer it if you actually looked ahead over the steering wheel as it's safer that way  (sorry, could not resist smacking your butt!)  :driving:

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I would prefer it if you actually looked ahead over the steering wheel as it's safer that way  (sorry, could not resist smacking your butt!)  :driving:

Just because you don't go fast enough to get some opposite lock on and need to look that way 🙂

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

Loads, neither of mine for a start. If I were buying it would “have” to be fixed and if you can’t do that yourself it is a couple hours labour.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Bollocks!  I got significantly more than that as a px for my +0 just a few months ago! ;)

Yeah, but only because they sold you another, more expensive +0 that they couldn’t shift :hrhr::P

• Like 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Wow prices seem to be starting to drop a little now for the earlier cars which I find quite surprising.

Thinking about this, I think that perhaps the trade in is now at the sub £25k mark, which moves the cars into a territory where a private sale is a bit easier, a lot of the less expensive cars lately have been private sales.

looking at the yellow car, I agree with you. I think the airbag cover is completely loose. I’d also be investigating the discouloured Ali in the footwell, looks like it may have/have had a water leak.

Edit, scratch that last comment it’s noted in the ad.

4 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Well I was trying to be helpful to the new forum member rather than acting as a butt for your undoubted wit !

I for one would find the airbag cover extremely annoying as you have to look at it all the time. Bumper may be fine (or only crappy build quality) but also may not - worth investigating. Agree it is too cheap really.

Perhaps would have been more helpful to have said that in the first place😈

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

44 minutes ago, pete said:

Perhaps would have been more helpful to have said that in the first place😈

Which is what I did. A new forum member posts pictures of a car for sale asking for advice. Look at pictures, notice a few things that a new member may not have noticed or realise the significance of not having had an Evora and write them in a post. Must try to be less helpful in the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1