Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 88 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

5 minutes ago, James555 said:

I viewed the aquamarine LE over the weekend and have now put a deposit down after some negotiation.  It's in great condition and I'm looking forward to joining the Lotus community.  It certainly won't be a garage queen though!  Will be used as my daily driver.  😉

Congratulations James, sure you have purchased the best early S1 on the market, please keep us updated on your ownership and some photos would be good 👍

1 minute ago, scotty435 said:

Congratulations James, sure you have purchased the best early S1 on the market, please keep us updated on your ownership and some photos would be good 👍

Hi Scotty, thank you.  I'm really looking forward to collecting it.  Will post some pictures over the weekend. 😀

• Like 2

Personally, I'm amazed at how low the mileage on some examples are.  There are enough higher mileage cars (mine included) to show that mileage isn't an issue on reliability and my feeling on the general consensus on these cars are that they are very good indeed for both running costs and reliability.  These cars need to be driven and enjoyed!

I think these two examples aren't priced unduly high, given the gap in price to the newer models on sale at the moment - and for me - that's probably whats setting the price.  I'm sure there's some wiggle room in the price but at the end of the day its about how good a deal you think it is, what you're happy to spend and what you want for your cash.    Both great examples, I can't see them staying around for long 🙂

For what its worth, I bought mine privately but it did come with warranty (£25 to transfer to my name) 

15 hours ago, James555 said:

Hi Scotty, thank you.  I'm really looking forward to collecting it.  Will post some pictures over the weekend. 😀

Amazing - congrats!!!!

• Like 2

I've noticed a bit of an increase in Evora 400 coming to the market recently circa £57k.  They may be ex lotus cars as they are registered  with 'AU' plates. There are also a few been at dealers a while as well at around this price....if only these were circa £45k 😁

Edited by marcfair

Following on from the increase comment above. I’m thinking of getting back to lotus after a couple of Elise’s. Been in grown up are for the last 8 years and am seriously thinking of an Evora 400. Does anyone know anything about the silver auto at Bell and Colvill? https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-auto-----------------2016/9149413#&gid=1&pid=5

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:27, gjf764 said:

Following on from the increase comment above. I’m thinking of getting back to lotus after a couple of Elise’s. Been in grown up are for the last 8 years and am seriously thinking of an Evora 400. Does anyone know anything about the silver auto at Bell and Colvill? https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-auto-----------------2016/9149413#&gid=1&pid=5

I am pretty sure it was owned for a short time by a guy on here who may speak up. He is a serial lotus owner with a couple of elises, and an early NA evora - he sold the 400 about 12-15 mths ago when he bought my S IPS. He had only owned it a few months but found it a bit harder / less comfortable ? than his earlier NA so wanted to go back to an earlier model. Pretty high spec from what I recall

construction and property consultants : My company

1 hour ago, Beady said:

I am pretty sure it was owned for a short time by a guy on here who may speak up. He is a serial lotus owner with a couple of elises, and an early NA evora - he sold the 400 about 12-15 mths ago when he bought my S IPS. He had only owned it a few months but found it a bit harder / less comfortable ? than his earlier NA so wanted to go back to an earlier model. Pretty high spec from what I recall

That is a good point - I think if I were looking at an early 400 I would also be looking at MY12 - MY14 S  models as they have a quite different feel and focus to them - never mind the £15k or more saving. Those Recaros in the S1 are very comfortable !

It's funny how a lot seem to regard MY12+ only in the S1 due to some interior quality improvements and yet here the undoubted uplift again in quality and especially ease of entry to the 400 is not important.

Just an observation. I personally prefer the pre MY12 cars with the aluminium finish to the dash/hvac controls. Add the MY12 door handles and voila. Job done.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

never understood the my 12.references . internet myth for sure.. sat in plenty..  

the pre m/y12 is a lovely place to be, but for the ultimate hybrid interior 

save some cash get pre my 12 early s1 and then do the sports racer retrim with a bit of alacantara and highlight stitching for little money and end up with lovely aluminum finish with  sports racer trim spec evora  with money in the bank to spend on   other goodies..  

oh and dont forget the polished knob... we all like one of those :)

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-08 at 18.06.39.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-14 at 14.09.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-08 at 18.06.58.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

One reason I’ve kept my Sport Racer so long is the interior. It was a massive improvement on my 2010 NA and I personally prefer the darker steering wheel and hvac panel. 

I was disappointed with the 400 and GT cabin and the lack of door armrest.....this a GT car, where do I rest my elbow? 🤔😆

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:17, Bravo73 said:

Not to be confused with the other Essex Blue GT430 that Leven are also selling (for £100k):

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/2018-lotus-evora-gt430-petrol-coupe-au

That other one being this one - nicely run-in by Lotus themselves, 😀 .

Evora sideways 07.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bruss said:

l ove the seat detailing Paul..very nice 

Hi,  I’m considering a 2011 Evora S currently for sale at Lotus Silvertone.   

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-U143/

Any comments / guidance from experienced owners would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunatly I work outside of the UK so I’ll only get to see it in the flesh will be at collection,  I know this isn’t ideal but it is what it is.

Mike

11 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I don't know the car, but it looks very nice. The seats look brand new for 25,000 miles (recovered or replaced maybe?). 

I think the car has been sold by Lotus Silverstone previously and it’s an old image... In the advert it has a leather shifter knob but from the video presentation I recieved it’s an aluminium type.   From the video I can see there is some wear on the drivers seat bolster.

The carpet in the back looks wrinkled and cargo net is saggy,  hopefully these are easy fixes.

Car looks lovely and Silverstone has an A1 rep for what they sell 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Lotus Silverstone are excellent, I've bought four cars from them! Mention those niggles to them and I'm sure they'll get them sorted before collection.

It's a really nice looking car.

Lovely car... 

dealership is one of the best 

if your talking about the cargo net and carpet in the boot, that rear upright section is only held in with velcro for easy removal  as the battery is accessed behind it.

the cargo net can be pulled taught..

i had some slight wear on my black seats at 25k  before i swapped out to red...  some black leather care treatment had them  looking  factory fresh..  for less than a 15 pounds and half hours work..

id get them  to talk you through any imperfections they see  over the phone..   i personally would have no issues taking her word for it and buying sight unseen from Lotus silverstone..

good luck..  they really are fantastic cars..

Great looking car and it as 19/20 diamond cut wheels, tech pack, premium pack, it as to be one of the best priced Evora S on the market and from a good dealership.

Make sure the gearchange has been sorted - those early S manuals were a bit crappy, but can be sorted if they haven't already done it. They have a few IPS's priced just above that if you don't like the manual.

Hi,

I’m new to the forum.

I’m interested on a 2012 Evora, with 17,000 miles. Specs as per Lotus Rep:

PR2   Aspen White            

LE3   Cognac Brown Premium   

Spec:                        

Backup Camera                

Delivery Charge              

IPS                          

Prem Pack Heated             

Premium Paint                

IPS Sport Pack         

Looks extremely new and all servicing have been at a local dealer.

Price is $39k

Price is right?

On 31/03/2019 at 09:13, Beady said:

The silver 400 at B-and-C is not mine.

My silver 400 had a one-off colour and a few other things.  It sold via Silverstone but then sold again via Hoffmans, with the new owners putting on a black pack, so now likely looks like most others.

Paul is right: I found the 400 steering and ride compromised, and ended up preferring the S1.  I had two earlier NAs, and ended up back to Paul's S1 S IPS.  Non-S S1 is easily the best drive, but newer S1s are all S.  IPS gear ratios are the best match with the car.

Sadly my ex-Beady S1 is now back up for sale at Silverstone . . . finally my elder daughter grew too big (she's now 13) to fit in the back seats (the 400 is better for that) and so I can no longer use an Evora as a daily driver.  Plus I've let go of both my S1 Elises . . . my garage is out of use soon!

So Beady . . . once the Evora is gone I will really need a 111R in a nice shade of blue . . . surely you are bored of yours by now???