Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 145 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Just now, Barrykearley said:

Some new tyres and it’ll be fine

Also there are not too expensive for such a car and they are quite important keeping the car on the road. My set of 4s cost £830.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 minutes ago, rafphillips said:

40k that’s impossible off cup2s? My Exige cups 2 rears were shot in 5k miles of road only use. 

Didn’t realise they were on cup2s. The 400s are on MPSS

5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Some new tyres and it’ll be fine - honestly I’m rather puzzled why folks panic so much about clutches

Not generally, but I suppose if you think the car has been driven hard. There are 2 identical spec 400HE, mine and one other. I had the choice of mine at zero use, or the other one that had 1500 miles on it and was used in a driving event by Lotus and there is footage online of it being ragged from cold by guests. Guess which I chose and then carefully ran in. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

17 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Some new tyres and it’ll be fine - honestly I’m rather puzzled why folks panic so much about clutches

It’s more about the type of people who let tyres get to 0 tread tend to not look after things that well I guess is the concern.

He said he hadn’t checked and seemed genuine but who doesn’t check tyres 🤔

And because I had an Evora in 2012 and had a new clutch at 12k miles..... 

Only car I’ve ever had a clutch on in 24 years of driving.

1 minute ago, rafphillips said:

Only car I’ve ever had a clutch on in 24 years of driving.

I have been driving since 1973 and not had a clutch even in cars that have got to over 100k.

41 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

'Cos clutch is a lot of dosh on an Evora. If it were £1k, not many would care. When a main dealer price for replacing is £3K+, I understand folks factoring it in. 

I'm long in the tooth on hefty repair bills on cars and I do roll my eyes at times when I see comments about certain wear and tear repairs - but I do understand the concern on the cost of a clutch on Evora, esp if an older car where it may be 10% of the price paid for the car. 

Justin 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Whatever you do folks don’t buy an esprit - unless you can wield the spanners yourself. An Evora clutch swap will look like changing a headlight bulb on a metro in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

6 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

You run 4s on your 430?

Yes, feels better - not that I drive very fast - but also had a full alignment - which helped a lot... Only had the car since October, not done many miles at all yet. Also I discussed this with another ex dealer - where I looked at a  new gt410sport . If I had bought a new gt410sport I think I would do the same.

The Cup2's I still have and will be an option to fit back on when  I get 2 new rear  rims, and could put them back on for the summer..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Colin P said:

Having seen the Football advert it would make me question how the car has been used. 

This re the tyres. But I bet it was a pro doing it. Better than the amateurs you see on faceshite.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 19/02/2021 at 17:12, jep said:

A bit odd to have different prices on PHeads to their own site.

Sometimes a price rise can work. I could not sell my 928 auto some years ago at £15K. I stopped listing it and re-marketed at £19,928 about 3 months later. I got more enquiries and sold it for.......£15K. 

It is wise to remove the listing for a few months though........

Justin

Looks like Pistonheads has caught up, £32k on both now

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 21:08, RHDV8 said:

Looks like Pistonheads has caught up, £32k on both now

Really interesting they have chosen to put the price up on either of those but particularly the IPS. It's been for sale for an age! Well over a year I would say...

Feels like an interesting phenomenon, all the owners are saying the prices will go up now production is to end, therefore prices go up!

But does that mean sales will slow down and eventually prices will have to drop back down accordingly? The white IPS is very clearly over priced and always has been as it hasn't sold....

• Like 2

My guess would be that they are thinking they are the cheapest S1,s on the market so if you want one .............

If a couple come on the market for the more normal 25k ish they may come down again. 
On the other hand potential sellers may see them at that price and advertise there own 28k ish. Interesting times.

Edited by RHDV8

There may be an element of seasonal pricing as well.  My SR came from Silverstone and, along with several other cars, was discounted 3k in late October just before I bought it. If it had still been there in March as buyers started to come out I think it would have gone back up again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gm77 said:

My take on this is that the Evora market is quite different to most. Sellers (and I speak as one) are generally in no rush to sell

That is fine for a private seller but dealers have to churn to earn. The white IPS unsold for 12+months and now price rises £2K. All circumstances for dealers are different and it has been an odd time with CV19 but an unsold IPS of pre-400 vintage would not be a car I would raising the price on. A manual pre-400 I could just about understand. 

Justin

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 22:52, Goatboy said:

But does that mean sales will slow down and eventually prices will have to drop back down accordingly? The white IPS is very clearly over priced and always has been as it hasn't sold....

These cars are super rare, even when new. I don't think sales will go down or up. They will remain static as there will always by a dozen or so potential buyers with around 20 cars to choose from.  The issue is some people will still think prices will fall, so will look and not buy (and forever miss the experience) and others will just come straight in, find what they want (a compromise on spec/colour will be made) and buy.

That's it. I don't think there is any more logic to it than that for such a niche motor car.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!