Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 224 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Well done. Personally I think a bargain compared to lead time and cost of Emira, and other marques of Porsche etc. also these others will have a higher depreciation  

without standing it’s also a +2

surprised my launch edition is still available as so keenly priced and spec’d; as all other modern items are far too digital and less analogue feel. 

Just interested in peoples thoughts, I was so close to buying a 410 sport last week from a Lotus dealer. The video I was sent, that was taken because of my enquiry, noted some minor paint scuff in front of the rear wheel arch, am I wrong to expect this should of been corrected before put in the showroom and up for sale?

This then lead me to ask if any accident damage had occurred because upon studying the pictures and the video, I noticed in between the two being taken the black stone guard on the damaged flank missing……..! 
I asked the salesperson to which the answer worried me further, apparently it was a little “tatty” so it was removed. To which I further asked, why not replace? Next excuse was because they don’t have enough money in the car to spend on it!!

I might of expected this from an independent but I’m sorry this is a Lotus main dealer.

I don’t want to name the Dealer or point to the vehicle but again, am I wrong to expect a nearly 70K car from an official Lotus dealer to be perfect?

Not perfect, it has been used after all, but yes I would expect those small jobs to have been done for sure. I would wonder about their attention to detail in servicing etc too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Depends what the price is and response from the dealer.  

If the car was priced up at the top end then yes I expect faults to be fixed but also bearing in mind its not a new car so there will be wear and tear.  If the car was priced lower and the dealer was open about the faults on the car then thats fine to me.  Work out if the price reduction makes up for the faults and make them an offer or not.

If the dealer was pretending the car is immaculate then I would walk away.

15 hours ago, Timbotucker said:

buying a 410 sport last week from a Lotus deale

There seems to be a few GT410 Sport's coming to market, so there are a few to look at, unless this one was due to colour. I am guessing its the one ' up north '.

My real gripe was the lame excuse for not replacing the panel, and why photo the car with it on then take it off.

With my initial enquiry, because of the distance I asked if I could send an independent inspector, to which the answer was “you would be wasting your money as we are an official Lotus dealer” as if to imply you can trust us implicitly. There’s the problem now, I don’t 🥴.

Shame because the car fits my choices.

• Gold FFM

Stop making excuses and finding fault then.

get the car inspected or look at it and buy it.

don’t get grumpy cos you’ve had to deal with a dealer whom obviously never got his leg over that morning 💪

• Like 2

Only here once

@Timbotucker Something to bear in mind, when buying from a Lotus dealer, if the car is Lotus approved, you should also get a 12 month warranty.

If they are so far away why not ask them to have a video call with you and show you around the things you request?

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Stop making excuses and finding fault then.

get the car inspected or look at it and buy it.

don’t get grumpy cos you’ve had to deal with a dealer whom obviously never got his leg over that morning 💪

😂 😂   it’s this wet Welsh weather getting to me 🙁

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

@Timbotucker Something to bear in mind, when buying from a Lotus dealer, if the car is Lotus approved, you should also get a 12 month warranty.

If they are so far away why not ask them to have a video call with you and show you around the things you request?

Your right, I lost track of that 👍 I think I just got the wrong sales guy….

• Haha 1