Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 122 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

A higher miler one sold in 2019 for £15k or thereabouts, I think it had done 130,000+ but certainly well over 100,000. I would suggest Evora NA prices have firmed slightly since then or certainly not fallen. 

Having owned my 2010 for near 3 years and now 65,000 miles, I would not be worried about a well serviced car at 100k miles. If a main dealer thinks a 39,000 miler is worth £33k (see advert on line), then this 100,000 miler is fairly priced. Of course, low milers are rare now so will increasingly fetch a premium....but very high milers are also rare, so a sub-£20k Evora is an unusual sight. 

Justin  

• Like 1

2013 Evora S with only 1400 miles on the clock, all 3packs and 19”20” diamond cut wheels for 36k must be the bargain of the year? 
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10768149

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

2013 Evora S with only 1400 miles on the clock, all 3packs and 19”20” diamond cut wheels for 36k must be the bargain of the year? 
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10768149

That is an absolute bargain for someone. Bloody hell - it’s a new car.

• Like 1

Only here once

Lotus themselves should be looking to put this car in there future museum. It’s one of the most pinnacle cars in Lotus history and this car will never be repeated again like Barry says it’s bloody new car.

@Troy5925 not easy as the anchors etc are not in the +0 for the seat belts ISOFIX. Best to just but a +2 in the first place.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Well that didn't hang around for long, it's sold already according to Pistonheads. Someone has bagged an absolute bargain! 👍

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

It is claimed to be a 2013 model but it lacks the premium sport option....

The add never claimed it was 2013 model. It said 2013 Evora which it is and yes registered late in its life, sports pack came standard on the S and it a also as the tech and premium pack, 19/2O wheels, every option ticked apart from rear seats.

2 hours ago, tim_marra said:

It is claimed to be a 2013 model but it lacks the premium sport option....

Nope. As mentioned above, the ad said that it was ‘registered in 2013’. Looking at the gearknob, steering wheel and front seats, it is quite obviously an MY11 car (or earlier). 

• Like 1

Lovely looking Evora that. Whomever has bought it has a cracking wee car there. Very nice.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Another question 

the IPS gearbox 

what’s it like to live with and use on the track and using the paddles in manual?

also does it eliminate the early gearbox’s with the cable?

I am slowly coming around to the idea that I should be buying an Evora, so I am following the above guide and comments here and elsewhere in the forum.

In addition to the above guide, is there a source of 'one line changes' made to the Evora in its evolution?

My base requirement, rightly or wrongly, is the IPS box. I live in France, so have the whole of Europe to look for a car, and see that there are many 2012 low mileage models that are far cheaper than say the equivalent 2016 model. My question therefore is, what am I losing out on by saving 30k€ and buying a 2012 model with 30k Kms over a 2016 model of same mileage?

Evora very reliable so older car not really a worry. 2016 car will be 400bhp, different interior, more power, less fuel economy, more tax (in UK). Depreciation on-going. You may find some lesser powered 2016 cars but fairly rare. 

2012 car, if MY12 will have updated but similar trim. BHP either 276 or 345. Depreciation low, prices may even harden, especially if you pick a 2009, 10, 11 car as they appear to be at the bottom of the curve. 

I would start with a 276bhp car. They have a strong following so easy to re-sell. Power is enough, if you decide you like the Evora way, you can go for more BHP and in the meantime 400 prices will have dropped.

Justin 

Just now, jep said:

Evora very reliable so older car not really a worry. 2016 car will be 400bhp, different interior, more power, less fuel economy, more tax (in UK). Depreciation on-going. You may find some lesser powered 2016 cars but fairly rare. 

2012 car, if MY12 will have updated but similar trim to early cars, which many prefer. BHP either 276 or 345. Depreciation low, prices may even harden, especially if you pick a 2009, 10, 11 car as they appear to be at the bottom of the curve. 

I would start with a 276bhp car. They have a strong following so easy to re-sell. Power is enough, if you decide you like the Evora way, you can go for more BHP and in the meantime 400 prices will have dropped.

Justin 

• Like 1

Thanks Justin.

Yes, I should have noted that I appreciate the power change, but this is not a huge worry to me as France is no longer the place for 'spirited' motoring, in fact it is fast going in the opposite direction with the recent reduction of the national speed limit. 276cv therefore is not a problem!

I am more interested in the driver aids and comfort that appear to me to be pretty static since 2010, yes?

Here is one I came across last night - what is the catch...?

https://www.autoscout24.fr/offres/-874bccac-4e74-4451-8e85-2937f5ac319a

Thanks again

Hal

IPS not easy to find in 276bhp Evora.

You best drive one as I found IPS box a bit slow. 400 IPS much quicker gear change. 

Comfort wise and driver aids, not much has changed since 2009. 410 suspension firmer but you are not looking at those.

Justin