Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 140 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

The GT410 sport must be the best selling Evora since it was introduced over a decade ago.

Nope! Not by a long run I am afraid.

Vastly outsold by the S1 still. 2018 to today the total Evora's registered new was c. 156 cars in total - some of them would have been GT430's too. So max would be 125 GT410's registered from what I can find.

In 2010, 190 Evora's registered. 2011, there was 233. 2012, there was 106 etc.  Interestingly the worst year was 2013, with only 50 cars registered. Strange given everyone says the MY12 brought in so many improvements to make the previous cars worthless :)

So the figures I can find suggest the GT410 has a long way to go to become the best selling. What I will say is that there are more GT410's sat on the forecourt than any other model. Which really surprises me given the looks, quality and capability of the cars.

The first years for the Evora where the strongest. Steady as she goes after that. I think the GT410 has brought the shape bang up to date but can see why it is being retired this year.  Will be sad to see the Evora go but it has been a good solid car for Lotus and will become a future classic, as it is a present day classic.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Vastly outsold by the S1 still. 2018 to today the total Evora's registered new was c. 156 cars in total - some of them would have been GT430's too. So max would be 125 GT410's registered from what I can find.

In 2010, 190 Evora's registered. 2011, there was 233. 2012, there was 106 etc.  Interestingly the worst year was 2013, with only 50 cars registered. Strange given everyone says the MY12 brought in so many improvements to make the previous cars worthless :)

So the figures I can find suggest the GT410 has a long way to go to become the best selling. What I will say is that there are more GT410's sat on the forecourt than any other model. Which really surprises me given the looks, quality and capability of the cars.

The first years for the Evora where the strongest. Steady as she goes after that. I think the GT410 has brought the shape bang up to date but can see why it is being retired this year.  Will be sad to see the Evora go but it has been a good solid car for Lotus and will become a future classic, as it is a present day classic.

The alpine A110 and cayman are probably strong reasons why they are still on forecourts. The alpine being a lot cheaper and almost as quick point to point, probably faster when breathed on by Litchfield. I think the 410 is just too much money for what it is even though I am totally in love with it and a die hard fan of it. 

5 minutes ago, Hughesy83 said:

The alpine A110 and cayman are probably strong reasons why they are still on forecourts. The alpine being a lot cheaper and almost as quick point to point, probably faster when breathed on by Litchfield. I think the 410 is just too much money for what it is even though I am totally in love with it and a die hard fan of it. 

Yeah, but from just about every angle the A110 is fugly. That front. Hideous.

I actually think the biggest problem is still, 11 years after its birth, people just do not know the Evora lives. The conversion rate from test drive to owner is astounding.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

4 minutes ago, Hughesy83 said:

I’ve yet to see an Alpine A110 but value wise looks great in comparison at New; then again I’ve hardly been out anywhere last 12 months lol 
Cayman GTS and GT4 are spot on at the moment; tough gig out there in the market 

47 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I actually think the biggest problem is still, 11 years after its birth, people just do not know the Evora lives. The conversion rate from test drive to owner is astounding.

I test drove a few cars with the A110 being one of them. In fact there was an A110 I was going to buy but somewhere along the line there was some miscommunication and the dealer sold the one I intending to buy. So instead of going to Alpine to buy the car, my old man suggested we go look at an Evora. I quickly realised that the Evora had everything I felt the Alpine was lacking (6 Cylinders, the noise, manual). Although I do disagree with the fugly comment! I think it’s got charm and character and it certainly works very well in person. I do think a large "problem" is as you say, the car is relatively unknown and so isn't in contention 

I’m just waiting for the right time to buy now. Feels like I’ve been waiting for a long ass time though! 

Edited by Wake
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wake said:

I’m just waiting for the right time to buy now. Feels like I’ve been waiting for a long ass time though! 

Don't wait to long. Tomorrow might not come. Statistically you are more likely to die in your sleep......

The small print.

48 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I don't like the rear at all , front looks a bit like a bad mazda. Certainly does not look like any sort of supercar - even with a massive big wing on the back... I can't imagine it getting the same sort of admiring glances - people may ask what it was so they did not buy one.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 13:13, Wake said:

I quite liked the look of that one when I saw it last night. But I also quite like the green GT410 Sport that Oakmere have. 

Is that the really really green one. I like that too, if I wasn't busy burying a shed load of cash into the new house I'd have been tempted by that.

https://www.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/used/prestige/lotus-evora-35-v6-2-gt410-sport-2dr-mx19kkb

I had priced up my 400 in Toxic Green, but a) I'd have had to have a boring interior rather than my lovely red one and b) I chickened out.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

36 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Is that the really really green one. I like that too, if I wasn't busy burying a shed load of cash into the new house I'd have been tempted by that.

https://www.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/used/prestige/lotus-evora-35-v6-2-gt410-sport-2dr-mx19kkb

I had priced up my 400 in Toxic Green, but a) I'd have had to have a boring interior rather than my lovely red one and b) I chickened out.

Yeah that’s the one! I think it looks fantastic! 

• Like 1

I was wondering given some of the recent comments and announcements from lotus about type 131 etc where this leaves future values of various Evora cars ranging from oldest to newest ?

it’s not that I will sell mine unless finance ( just seen prices of private school uniforms) or I am too old or unhealthy 😩

however if I intent to keep it for next 10-20 years I just wonder about its value ? I know that’s  a real crystal Ball question but I just wonder ? 

28 minutes ago, Hughesy83 said:

Looks like a nice spec car. You do wonder why it's £5k cheaper than the next cheapest 400 out there and there's so little in the way of description for it. Also - new clutch at 21k miles? What's going on there?

Assuming there aren't any issues with it that's incredibly cheap. I'm looking at the bottom of the market at the moment but would expect that to be a £30k outlay once I'd sorted the manifold, exhaust and intake. +£12k for a car that's six years newer and with 100hp more is pretty tempting. What I would say is that it makes any S1 'S' priced over £35k look expensive.

• Like 1

I think NA's will settle around 25k. S models will settle around £35k. And 400's around £40k. I think they'll stay that way for a while.

You'll always get an exceptional one going for £2-4k higher, or a well used one for £2-4k less.

The small print.

55 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I think NA's will settle around 25k. S models will settle around £35k. And 400's around £40k. I think they'll stay that way for a while.

You'll always get an exceptional one going for £2-4k higher, or a well used one for £2-4k less.

That sounds like the right 'spread' to me but I think the big jump is likely to be from 'S' to 400. £30k and £40k respectively. Doesn't make much difference to my search, I'm set on na +mods.