Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 158 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Like minds, I was going to say here, except that it has some scaffolding bolted to the front of it....

Yeah I watch it.  Quite good.  Doing a off road hurracan at the mo

23 hours ago, Gm77 said:

I sold mine so I could purchase this. Quite a contrast...

FAF6EFB6-738E-4A45-A8CA-D10EE8BE58C4.thumb.jpeg.45300e2c6da4e999f8641cd50381ed72.jpeg

Congrats.  Still enjoying mine and longest I’ve owned a Lotus car. 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

10 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

@Gm77 Was yours the one for sale at Hexagon London recently? - if so, lovely car.

It was actually a private sale from a true enthusiast and someone well known on Elan Net. It’s a great car - rides just as any Lotus should. Does have its foibles but what classic car doesn’t? Part of the personality and fun if you ask me.

• Like 1

What a joke Hendy have just increased the price of the silver 400 by £2+k

What is their logic?  I can understand on mass market cars but everyone will see through them.

Apparently sub 50k in February!

• Like 1

Well I was considering going to look at it once we come out of lockdown, but I don't think I'll bother now, so they've lost one potential sale.

• Like 1

Yeah I look at it.  But the were derisory for my S. wanted 26k plus my car!

2010 S 27K miles mint.!

1 minute ago, Chris C said:

Well I was considering going to look at it once we come out of lockdown, but I don't think I'll bother now, so they've lost one potential sale.

You could go down to Hendy Exeter and have a look at a new gt410 - somewhere on the premises - try going for a test drive?

There’ll be a quite few 410s coming down in price once the 131 comes out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

You could go down to Hendy Exeter and have a look at a new gt410 - somewhere on the premises - try going for a test drive?

Good idea Keith.

I just saw they'd opened a dealership at the Honda showroom - was going to call them and see if they would have any cars available.

Hopefully means I can actually get one serviced if I get it without driving it for 2 hours!

26 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

Yeah I look at it.  But the were derisory for my S. wanted 26k plus my car!

2010 S 27K miles mint.!

Its all about cost to change. Sell yours private, offer them whatever you get plus 20k. Bet you they take it. When their car was sub 50k they would have offered you 23/4k as a px. They have valued your car at 28k, with equivalent dealer cars listed at 32kish that doesn't seem unreasonable? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chris C said:

I just saw they'd opened a dealership at the Honda showroom - was going to call them and see if they would have any cars available.

Hopefully means I can actually get one serviced if I get it without driving it for 2 hours!

I don't think they are very active yet. There are 3 new lotus on the premises and they have some other performance cars in as well. The new lotus cars have not been seen outside yet.

See you live in Devon, whereabouts. Took my Evora to SWLC and will probably be going down again for its service and mot.

On 08/04/2021 at 23:49, rudolphwolven said:

In 1993 when I was 50 years old I bought my 1st sports car, a 1990 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE with 15.000 mls on the odo......
I immediately did fell in love with this Lotus and the love remained all those 28 years.....
Today, (I hope to become 78 years old in June), I bought and picked up the last new available Evora in the Netherlands and left my Esprit in good hands with the Lotus importer.

It was rather difficult to say goodbye and I felt a little sad to leave her.
Keeping was no option as I have in my garage room for only one car (and a 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000 K1 motorbike) while I own 2 more cars (daily drivers).........

When saying goodbye and handing her over I kissed her farewell on the roof and thanked her for all the nice years together.

lotus-esprit-2-jpg-small-2-jpg.1284584

My new Lotus is a Evora GT 410 Sport with IPS .................

evora-1-19879520-0-jpg.1284599

evora-10-19879520-9-jpg.1284585

evora-4-19879520-3-jpg.1284586

evora-14-19879520-13-jpg.1284587

evora-20-19879520-19-jpg.1284588

evora-9-19879520-8-jpg.1284600

evora-22-19879520-21-jpg.1284597

evora-24-19879520-23-jpg.1284596

evora-15-19879520-14-jpg.1284598

The Esprit is for sale now...........(traded in for a new Evora GT 410 Sport)..........

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/lotus-esprit-turbo-se-benzin-blau-b633a8b0-0b33-4036-9aba-2894effa47b4?&cldtidx=15&cldtsrc=listPage&searchId=-1231660684

640x480-1-jpg.1284678

640x480-1-jpg.1284679

640x480-1-jpg.1284682

• Like 1

What pretty Esprit....I hope it has gone around the clock (a few times)....and that you use your Evora lots and LOTuS. No point in looking at 'em, the thrill is the drive.

Justin 

The theory is simple Andy, when some are buying or selling they are the market hence, when buying it is a buyers market and when selling it is a sellers market. 🙄
How the 2 change so quickly within a few moments remains a mystery but I’ve seen it many times with VX owners 🤔

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 17:48, LotusFella said:

What a joke Hendy have just increased the price of the silver 400 by £2+k

What is their logic?  I can understand on mass market cars but everyone will see through them

May be they arte putting prices up a bit to cover the cost of the new aftermarket lotus warranty that is suppose to be starting this coming week. I cannot imagine it will cost less than £1000-1500.

On 09/04/2021 at 18:26, exeterjeep said:

I don't think they are very active yet. There are 3 new lotus on the premises and they have some other performance cars in as well. The new lotus cars have not been seen outside yet.

See you live in Devon, whereabouts. Took my Evora to SWLC and will probably be going down again for its service and mot.

Is this for real? Hendy are about 2 miles away from me! Why would this be at a Honda dealership instead of Snows Toyota?

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

Is this for real? Hendy are about 2 miles away from me! Why would this be at a Honda dealership instead of Snows Toyota?

Snows had a dealer at Southampton and a service facility in Plymouth, but lost their dealership. Hendy Pool took over a dealer there (Westover)  and have opened a new dealer in Southampton, and this 3rd one in Exeter. But the one in Exeter is not really active yet, but is on the official  lotus dealer map. There is another topic about them, and they have joined TLF, I have also been in contact with him.

I live near tedburn st mary, so only about 6 miles away, and also remember the one that used to be in Christow Road and one in Paignton.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, windymiller said:

took a trip to long stratton motors today, some beauties there for sale at mo but then they are all beautifull 🥰

they are really expensive. If you are there go to ES Motorsports and say hi! Its just round the corner really!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

On 11/04/2021 at 04:28, exeterjeep said:

May be they arte putting prices up a bit to cover the cost of the new aftermarket lotus warranty that is suppose to be starting this coming week. I cannot imagine it will cost less than £1000-1500.

I noticed that the two 400’s that Silverstone had are no longer on their website, I suppose both could have sold at a similar time but realistically I think that’s unlikely.

I think one (if not both) were on SOR and the owner is on here, would be interesting to know if they have been sold or maybe removed from sale ?

Can anyone recall who’s cars they are ?

23 hours ago, Phillv6 said:

I noticed that the two 400’s that Silverstone had are no longer on their website, I suppose both could have sold at a similar time but realistically I think that’s unlikely.

I think one (if not both) were on SOR and the owner is on here, would be interesting to know if they have been sold or maybe removed from sale ?

Can anyone recall who’s cars they are ?

If it was the grey 2015 plate with red interior, that was mine. It did indeed sell. Apparently there’s a lot of interest in 400s currently. Hope that helps.

Greg

• Like 1