Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 161 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

I suppose how many website can tell me if I add all variants

That's UK only, which varies between 8 & 15% of Lotus sales so fairly useless if you want total numbers.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

I think that is the one that was painted in Matt black not a wrap. It went to scotland early in it’s life. Used to be called Dexter as the reg ended DEX. 

nice enough if you like Matt black. Can’t say I was ever a fan of it. 

If that was "Dexter" then it was Jason's car. Rare matt black from factory and Jason  really looked after it well, great chap too!  @snoboardr

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

No matter how poor the advert is, that’s a ridiculously cheap price. Sub £30k, what would Kimbers say?

@Kimbers come on chap - get it bought and flipped 😎

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

That's really cheap. Would make me suspicious just off the price TBH. That's the trouble with pitching cheap, instant thought is 'what's wrong with it?'

14 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

No matter how poor the advert is, that’s a ridiculously cheap price. Sub £30k, what would Kimbers say?

Sometimes words fail me. Its a 2013 which makes it £35000 really. £32500 for a quick sale. Why would you undercut the market by such a large amount? If the seller had done their homework they would have read these threads and decided, even if initially, to put it on at a decent whack. Unless its a trader who bought it for a silly price trade and wants a quick flip?

BUT, its a rubbish advert, only 4 pics, no close up's, 52k miles, Matt black is a nightmare colour to clean and repair should there be any imperfections. Has it an HPI? Do we know if its had previous accident damage or is even a CAT S? The whole advert throws up too many red flags for me as a trader. [EDIT] After checking DVLA this car only changed hands 6 months ago. This points towards either a trader having it or someone who can't afford to maintain it and has received a large quote. Of course they could just want something else but why then make it so cheap? The final possibility is its a scam advert using the previous pics from its sale in October last year.

Words fail me.

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

Cars like this were £25K a few months ago. I wouldn't say it's suspiciously cheap. You could always get it inspected.

2009 First Eds went as low as £25k. Not a 2013! They haven't gone below £30k to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I’ve just searched through this thread and Dexter was put up for sale by snowbdr on here in July 2017. Assuming it’s the same car, at that time it was on 47300 miles and was pampered and had a FSH. So it’s only covered 5000 miles since. Unless it’s been in a crash in the mean time, I can’t understand why it’s so cheap. A 2013 S manual for £30k? If I was in the market I would have been on the phone straightaway for a viewing.

3 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I can’t understand why it’s so cheap

As @kimbers says people don't always keep up with the market and even on here, people who are keen on buying are wildly out on prices at times and talking them down. So the owner may think £30k is the price. I also remember Jason selling it "cheap" at the time as due to personal circumstances he needed to let the car go.

I also remember he had no issues re the paint. If it was me I'd be putting a call in to Craig Moncrieff to see if he has worked on the car recently and to get his view on it if he has one. You could even get him to inspect the car for you (he too lives in Dunfermline).

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

See above @LotusLeftLotusRight

[EDIT] After checking DVLA this car only changed hands 6 months ago. This points towards either a trader having it or someone who can't afford to maintain it and has received a large quote. Of course they could just want something else but why then make it so cheap? The final possibility is its a scam advert using the previous pics from its sale in October last year.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

2009 First Eds went as low as £25k. Not a 2013! They haven't gone below £30k to the best of my knowledge.

Not just a 2013 but an S. Crazy money, you wonder if they've even looked at the site they are listing it on at other cars. She it will be gone quickly.

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Could not live with those LOTUS letters on the dash, they just look so tacky and have no idea what Lotus were thinking when they used them.

Also, yet again, some of those SPARCO seats just really do not age well at all.

Finally the Tron sticker job - seriously, wtf was the person who did that thinking?

The sticker job (depending on how it looks in the flesh) and the the LOTUS lettering doesn’t bother me *that* much. However the seats would bother me a lot in that state. Does anyone know how easy it would be to fix the seats? I’ve been looking for a 400 for a while now and they are the worst I have seen. 

30 minutes ago, Wake said:

The sticker job (depending on how it looks in the flesh) and the the LOTUS lettering doesn’t bother me *that* much. However the seats would bother me a lot in that state. Does anyone know how easy it would be to fix the seats? I’ve been looking for a 400 for a while now and they are the worst I have seen. 

Easy, £1400

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-EVORA-400-SEATS-PAIR-IN-BLACK/264766631336?hash=item3da5522da8:g:Mz8AAOSwxd1e~YAj

although not sure that they are a lot better. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

It’s been for sale for a while, it and the NI one probably up for longest?, the graphics were recently added presumably by the seller. Personally not offended by the LOTUS lettering, easily removed/swapped if so. Guess it needs a bit of a tidy up but with the approx £10k less than others on market it must be worth a look if that’s what you’re after?  
seller seems to be a van modifying business, maybe that’s putting people off for some reason? 

21 hours ago, TdM said:

Not just a 2013 but an S. Crazy money, you wonder if they've even looked at the site they are listing it on at other cars. She it will be gone quickly.

Oops my bad, I didn't notice that it was an S. Also Sports Racer ?  Agree that's an amazing price, given all that.  

2 hours ago, Ando1974 said:

It’s been for sale for a while, it and the NI one probably up for longest?, the graphics were recently added presumably by the seller. Personally not offended by the LOTUS lettering, easily removed/swapped if so. Guess it needs a bit of a tidy up but with the approx £10k less than others on market it must be worth a look if that’s what you’re after?  
seller seems to be a van modifying business, maybe that’s putting people off for some reason? 

I guess you are right.  The passenger seat looks like it has been sat in by a fully grown grizzly bear, the side bolster is wrecked.  I'd be at a trimmers and get the seats fully trimmed and the bolsters repaired - budget say £1500.  Steering wheel needs recovering - say £250.  Assuming the tron job is vinyl/stickers - budget to remove is zero.

So, at that point you'd have a good looking car for say £9k below list as I think you could use the "defects" to haggle the price down another £1k to £1.5k.

So yes, looking beyond that, a great value buy.  The fact the seller is a "van shop" wouldn't bother me, I'd be more concerned about the service history and who had done it. If that checked out, then all good.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Maybe you can argue a bit more discount for the embarrassment and damage to your reputation of driving it home with that stuck all over it...

On 19/04/2021 at 11:06, Kimbers said:

These are just vinyl Stickers so should come off with ease.  An old friend of mine works for this company and he has said they would remove it anyway.  I did think about it for myself.  But there are a few tatty spots like the leather steering wheel, and a few scuff spots on some edges of the car.  Not to much to fix but in the end I decided not for me.  But the price is good and It should sell.  Worth seeing if you want a 400 and one at best price in the market.  Services all carried out by Lotus main dealer Williams I believe.  

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 2.41.32 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 2.42.03 PM.jpeg

All the Best

Greg

46 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

These are just vinyl Stickers so should come off with ease.  An old friend of mine works for this company and he has said they would remove it anyway.  I did think about it for myself.  But there are a few tatty spots like the leather steering wheel, and a few scuff spots on some edges of the car.  Not to much to fix but in the end I decided not for me.  But the price is good and It should sell.  Worth seeing if you want a 400 and one at best price in the market.  Services all carried out by Lotus main dealer Williams I believe.  

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 2.41.32 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 2.42.03 PM.jpeg

I remember the same place selling this not that long ago without the stickers; I’m surprised they’ve spent money to put on niche stickers alike