Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 165 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

3 hours ago, a7esk said:

Booked to see it tomorrow 

id be paying a holding deposit on that .. nicely priced for a quick sale.. and quick it will be

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, a7esk said:

And remember I wasn’t keen on Red interior now I love it .

This ... I didn't like the red or paprika (in the earlier cars) interiors , no was I looking for a white car ... But funnily enough I love them both now ... Wonder why.

28 minutes ago, a7esk said:

bit like houses i.e supply versus demand but ... is there or has there been a turning point with the pandemic of ppl simply saying "boolarx" im ticking that box im having that im chasing that dream ? after the first lockdown there was a marked increase in "super car" deposits maybe the fallout from loans that were easy to apply for or was it ppl thinking ive put this off for too long ?? i / we fall into the  latter, ive watched so many cars flatline then take off and i have thought "im not paying that it was xyz last year" so given the pandemic, given how ive watched marques rise, given my age etc this time i went im all in that car is worth every penny and more when can i pick it up !!! but ... (there is always a but) we are in a financial bubble that mst and will surely burst !! which means i can then buy more cars at better value lol  

5 hours ago, a7esk said:

Booked to see it tomorrow 

Good man. Was tempted myself but a) can’t be doing with trains and tube and b) two toys in garage already.  If all,good will be an epic car and down shift with autoblip is laugh out loud. Enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

12 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

Good evening!  I am wondering where the Sport 410 market is.  I quite like it, but a few people I have spoken to say that the stripped-out, carbon bucket seat-ness is not very appealing.  Is that a widely held view?

And those people who said it's not very appealing will be the armchair enthusiasts who have never driven a 410Sport, probably never even sat in one.  It's funny but owners of other Lotus cars with the same carbon seats don't complain about them.

All I can say is I'm a big bloke, probably twice the size of the usual sparrow like Lotus owner. I love the carbon seats as when I vacuum seal myself into them I am part of the car. They do have padding but don't go saggy like the Sparcos do. Also, as they are superlight carbon the backs of the seat flex and so help to absorb shocks to the upper back and shoulders.

Maybe the greatest compliment I can give them is to say I have no hesitation jumping into  the car, for a drive just for the fun of spunking a full tank of fuel and fully emptying it. Often 3 hours on twisty roads non stop. At 54, overweight and unfit, no issues here with those seats on that sort of drive. Ive done 6-7 hours a day on the yearly IoM trip.

The seats are mounted a little upright in the Evora, which lessoned under thigh support. JonSeal made some replacement brackets that allowed them two further bolt holes to lay them back. It transformed the seats.

I would recommend you try the seats in a Lotus, they are in Elise and Exige models. If they fit you then great.

The 410 is outside of the GT430 the most focused Evora. Its like the Esprit GT3 in that respect.

Most of them were sold with the noise reduction stuff specified back in. Only 25 in the UK.  So hard to price as to be honest a lot of bullshit is repeated about them being totally stripped down so harsh and rough. Funny, if it was a 911 GT3 the same people would be waxing lyrically about how focused it was.

@The Pitswas instrumental in me buying my car. Take a look at his video reviews for good insights into the car. Even with a lovely GT430 he still loves the 410 Sport!

There is no doubt the 410 Sports seem to take longer to sell. Maybe Evora owners just want a soft, comfy armchair ride 😂🤣😂🤣

I'm biased, I think the dark ones take longer to sell and most did seem to be specified in darker colours. But the same can be said for all Evoras in dark colours.

As for price, I'd say £58 to £65k depending on colour and spec.  Mine is Fire Red, fully specified apart from Titanium Exhaust. My car would be up for the higher price lol, if I decided to sell.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks for the thoughts, I've now sat in the seats (driver's set astatic and in a short pax ride) and I agree they would benefit from canting back a bit.  But as you say, easy to do.  As I'm quite diminutive in stature, they are a bit big for me and all the way forward to reach the pedals.  But definitely seats I like.

I'm not sure why the 410 sport should be a little unloved by the market - although well loved by the owners by the look of it.  And only 25 made before they went on to the GT410 I guess.  I wonder why.

And then there is the colour, each to their own, but I think the Evoras look so much better in bright colours.  I was out cycling yesterday with Mrs R and we came across a bright orange GT410 in someone's driveway.  It looked stunning.

For price, as a prospective buyer, I think you might be a tad high especially for a private sale.  Feels sub-60 to me esp as B&C have (had?) their black/yellow highlights one up for £59k - albeit no stereo.

Where would I find the content from @The Pits?

Cheers!

52 minutes ago, a7esk said:

Been seen deal done  

fantastico... what a bargain!!!!!!!        well done...  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

For price, as a prospective buyer, I think you might be a tad high especially for a private sale.  Feels sub-60 to me esp as B&C have (had?) their black/yellow highlights one up for £59k - albeit no stereo.

Where would I find the content from @The Pits?

The Ultraviolet has been up at £59k for years 😁 No idea why as a stunning car. There are I think two dark coloured ex press cars and a green and a yellow to my knowledge. It was always a limited run car.

As for @The Pits content, Youtube, Dr. Pittenstein is the channel. He has some great content on there including a back to back on track of the 410 and GT430.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, a7esk said:

Been seen deal done  

Congratulations stunning car 👍

• Thanks 1

@windymillerbe awhile yet before bubble bursts,even the banks are forecasting a boom

On 01/05/2021 at 15:11, CocoPops said:

It has done 37500 miles tho?

AND

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

4 minutes ago, pete said:

@windymillerbe awhile yet before bubble bursts,even the banks are forecasting a boom

AND

Nice one Pete👍 I was thinking the same 

19 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Nice one Pete👍 I was thinking the same 

i dunno i can see everything being ok till the autumn but 2022 i think will be a different time, i do think we are better placed now we are out of the eu to recover but the bubble were in is a bit weird in my opinion !!