Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 172 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 19/05/2021 at 13:18, EGTE said:

Would love to hear your thoughts on differences between NA and -400. I know the latter is quicker, but talk of it being louder, stiffer and 'angrier' put me off a bit.

Done that to a 410 Sport. You sit real low in the carbon seats. The interior is very well put together, yet familiar.

The noise. Oh my god the noise. Just incredible.

Much, much faster. Bit harder but still sublime on all but they worst roads. Steering sublime. Long distance comfort Good.

Get's. Lots of positive responses from everyone.

Do try one. I love an S1 car, but the 4xx cars are definitely put together better.

I'd happily have an S1 Evora again, but 4xx has more drama.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

47 minutes ago, jep said:

interior special but no better than my S1

This. The S1 interior is great. But many S1 owners harp on about it being the bees knees.

The 4xx interior is great.

Both have quirks. Build quality imvho is better on 4xx. But after what. 6/7 years of production you'd expect that. Right?

However, the Recaro's, again, imvho are light years better than the Sparco's. They wear better. I've seen pictures of some leather Sparco's in a 400 than are looser and saggier than the face of a Dogue de Bordeaux!

57 minutes ago, jep said:

Ideally, you need both.

An S1 targa (why the hell they never delivered this just rips me up) and a 410 Sport, and yes Justin, you are right, you need both. 😁

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

However, the Recaro's, again, imvho are light years better than the Sparco's. They wear better. I've seen pictures of some leather Sparco's in a 400 than are looser and saggier than the face of a Dogue de Bordeaux!

These always seem to be black - I think it is the basic interior and cheaper leather.

The Recaros are also prone to bolster wear unless you are careful.

That said, yes I prefer the Recaros. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

55 minutes ago, Colin P said:

These always seem to be black

You are correct. It is normally the black leather that looks loose.

The small print.

Howards had 1 for ages, the video of it for their website shows LR66BSU,  

image_2021-05-23_124533.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

There was a similar IPS one for sale for ages in 2019 at £55k. Could be the same car.

I’m almost positive this one was a manual, although there were a lot of Evoras there today. 

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Howards had 1 for ages, the video of it for their website shows LR66BSU,  

image_2021-05-23_124533.png

That’s interesting. It could be the same car, because that reg doesn’t bring up anything on the MoT history!

14 minutes ago, Wake said:

That’s interesting. It could be the same car, because that reg doesn’t bring up anything on the MoT history!

After it was sold by Howard's, it appeared a few weeks later at Dick Lovett Swindon. The guy who bought it from Howards did not keep it for more than a few hundred miles.

image_2021-05-23_155009.png

image_2021-05-23_155148.png

• Thanks 1

Looks like the owner as been to a few Evija events, Silverstone Lotus last year.

05A189CF-197C-4ADE-B52E-E23BCACEEB05.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I also headed up there this morning for the first time, too late to park at the front though 😆. Evija impressive in the flesh & the light blue 400 does look great.

7199C3B6-27BF-493F-8DFD-240AD0E544E7.jpeg

25B9A35C-AF41-43F6-A549-9E05BC9AE8A7.jpeg

76954DEC-D008-46A4-954F-3A7601074F4C.jpeg

• Like 2

If I recall correctly, that light blue one is a special edition Lotus did, one of 10. Might be perfect for what you are looking for actually @Wake

https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/evora/18001/iconic-paint-scheme-for-new-lotus-evora-400-special-edition 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

If I recall correctly, that light blue one is a special edition Lotus did, one of 10. Might be perfect for what you are looking for actually @Wake

https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/evora/18001/iconic-paint-scheme-for-new-lotus-evora-400-special-edition 

Thanks for the link! It’s a beautiful design and looks gorgeous in the flesh. I wonder how many of the 10 were spec’d in manual 🤔

4 minutes ago, Wake said:

Thanks for the link! It’s a beautiful design and looks gorgeous in the flesh. I wonder how many of the 10 were spec’d in manual 🤔

Howards had the following on the ad for the car in July 2019.

Our stunning and rare Evora 400 IPS Blue and Orange Edition has just been reduced by £2000 in our Summer Sale. With only 3 of these cars known in the UK and having just covered 11800 miles, this car shows great value. Now priced at £55995, call us for more details. #howardslotus #evora #evora400 #lotus #lotuscars #specialedition #sportscar #gt #skyblue #forthedrivers 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

An early (2015) 400? These were high 40s a few months ago. Can’t see it going privately for £53k, if I’m honest. 

Why? adverts for high 40s sports races are common at the moment in that context makes this 400 a bargain in my humble opinion.

20 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Why? adverts for high 40s sports races are common at the moment in that context makes this 400 a bargain in my humble opinion.

There’s a SR on PHs for £38k which has sold and Will Blackham has a really gorgeous looking red SR for £41k which has been there for a little while.

I think that white 400 is perhaps a bit optimistic at £53k for a private sale, given that Silverstone have had very similar age/mileage 400s on for £52k in recent times. But you never know, with seemingly so few of them about at the moment someone may be willing to pay a premium if it’s in their ideal spec. 

48 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Very, very few buyers are willing to spend £50k+ privately. 

And, how many of those high 40s SRs have actually sold at those prices?