Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 212 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

17 hours ago, Markindevon said:

New pistonheads advert… maybe an LE?  2009 ref but ad. days 2010…. Another with very low mileage.  Looks lovely:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13442869?utm_source=pistonheads&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=saved%20search

Looks lovely. Well maintained by the look of it. Only 1 careful owner. "First to see will buy" 😉

• Like 1

That blue one is very nice, it does make me want another Evora again that’s for sure!

Unfort I can’t get the man maths anywhere near making it work! Plus it would mean loosing the Elise and I don’t want to!

27 minutes ago, Sharpey said:

On the photo of the driver's side, what is behind the o/s/f wheel?  Looks like 2 bits of wood between the mudflap & tyre?

39 minutes ago, Jonathan Ashcroft said:

The mud guar bolts often rust away and you the metal they fix onto just breaks away. I wonder if they've glued the mudflap back in place and are using the blocks to keep it in place until it goes off? 

You could be right but why take a photo for an advert? It looks clumsy and, together with the toilet flush boot lock would make me walk away. Cheap, yes, but too cheap imo. What else is lurking?

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 13:21, jep said:

The Sytner 9000 miler was incorrectly relisted. It sold on Saturday, it is being prepared and I hope to collect next week. 

I'll run it along side my high miler and see which I prefer. 

Justin 

I've rejected this. Interior has been 'got at' and the instrument cluster has a broken trim surround that will need a new cluster, a £1k plus job if you can get a new one.

A wasted afternoon.

Justin

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

That explains the price then. Sorry that you water an afternoon Jep, it was probably worth a go at that price but they should have told you what the condition was before you made the trip!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jep said:

I've rejected this. Interior has been 'got at' and the instrument cluster has a broken trim surround that will need a new cluster, a £1k plus job if you can get a new one.

A wasted afternoon.

Justin

Out of interest what do you mean “got at”

13 hours ago, jep said:

Both seats painted. And other parts of the leather. And not very well. 

Justin

Painted, as in repairs or a completely new cover? I’ve only seen Wheelers Dealers show do something like that but looked okay lol

GT430.. https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13460582

One of the 3 autos. Was for sale at Hendy a bit under 2 years ago, for less than it is on for now...

7 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

283797215_2879312279029636_6368080765279

The picture of those orange rubber blocks.  Its a strange one.  Does seem a good price for £23k.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13460582

Anyone for a GT430.  Like the colour on it.

lotus-evora-gt-S4569877-1.jpg

I dropped the owner a message and he says hes bonding the mudflap back on, I wasnt sure what to think of that!

• Like 1

They were never "bonded" on in the first place iirc. I'd be very cautious buying this, carefully check it over. Yes, great value, but not if you end up paying tons on top of the purchase price.

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

This and the "toilet button" boot release is too much. What else has been "bodged"?  Sorry, but I'd stay clear to be honest or go in with eyes wide open re future bills.

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 20/05/2022 at 15:51, exeterjeep said:

Hendy Exeter have just taken a yellow S (in p/ex against the new evora GT410), was parked outside when I was in ordering a part.  And just to make a change from the 2 IPS cars in stock the yellow one is  a manual. Already someone interested it seems. No idea of price.

The blue S IPS was collected a couple of days ago, saw it leave on my way to Toolstation. The yellow S manual - don't think that even made it to their web site before being sold. So they just have the 1 Lotus in stock - the grey S IPS. They do have an early Elise in the showroom which is a customers car waiting for some parts. But it looked nice.