Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 60 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

:lol:

that might do it.

• Haha 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

GLOL moment there! Well done @Barrykearley

• Thanks 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Value of a 2016 Hethel Edition 400?

One owner, 7,500 miles, fLotusSH, standard full spec (Essex Blue, Red Leather, Silver Forged Wheels, usual other items like cruise, sub), 2bular track exhaust (quieter than standard “unsilenced” so passes 105dB days)

just weighing up selling to release some cash and get into an Elise perhaps.

Just toying with ideas at moment.

Has a similarly aged/mileage, well specced 400 sold recently?

I certainly don’t think that there will be any premium for being a ‘Hethel edition’. 

Edited to add: the closest one on Autotrader (2016, 4700 miles) is up for £60k. So, if you take off dealer premium etc, yours must be £50-55k, I’d have thought. 

Thanks Johnny, I assume you mean this one:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712162102774

So why would mine be £10k less than that one? Taking your lowest figure. Surely a SoR figure of £58? Forecourt of £60k? Will give Silverstone and Hofmanns a call see what they say. At £50k it would be the cheapest ever 400 I think. :lol:

Because I imagine that a dealer will be looking for at least £5k profit. Plus a bit of room for negotiation. Hence the £5-10k difference. 

Now, here’s my caveat: that was the only comparable car that I found after a 30 second Autotrader search. I haven’t been ‘following the market’ at all. Give @Aimee Lotus Silverstone a call. I’m sure that you’ll then have a very realistic value of your car. 

SOR will probably get a higher price or an easier sell. Not many people buy 50k plus cars with cash, There's an extra security with buying from a dealer and having finance deals and part ex available.

even on an sor dealer has to give a warranty and a possible part ex and i can`t believe 2000 is enough for the dealer 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

It’s under LOTUS warranty, it’s not like it’s an old car!?

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Surely a SoR figure of £58? Forecourt of £60k? Will give Silverstone and Hofmanns a call see what they say. 

These are the sort of numbers I’d expect on mine, but it’s a 66 and auto. I’d say you’re pretty close. Most of the cars for sale fall short of the HE spec. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Wow that is cheap. Personally glad I kept my S1 AND bought a VX220 that is now supercharged. Total outlay £45k for the two cars and zero depreciation in 2 years....

Smug bastard or what!  Will be interested in the value of the Hethel 400's as don't recall seeing one on the market yet and they were a great spec.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 hours ago, pete said:

even on an sor dealer has to give a warranty and a possible part ex and i can`t believe 2000 is enough for the dealer 

I've seen a few posts on this forum to suggest that £2-3k is a realistic "price" for a SOR deal.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Will be interested in the value of the Hethel 400's as don't recall seeing one on the market yet and they were a great spec.

There was an identical car to mine but on a 16 plate sold by Oakmere at 1500 miles (I considered it, but bought one I could run in instead) that has now been through 2 forum members and some more miles. Oakmere had it up for £63K and the impression I got was that the resale wasn't much different.

When you consider what a new fully specced 400 is now £60K is a bargain.

I've also seen more than the suggestion of £2-3K SOR costs. If you plan on £5/£6K profit on stock cars but have to tie up £55K for possibly 2-3 months to achieve that £2-3K for no capital outlay seems equitable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I agree with your points @Colin P.  The Hethel Edition of the 400 in my opinion was an absolutely cracking offer and the sweet spot in the 400 model range. The fact that quite a few were sold and so few have been sold on 2nd hand I think really reflects the value the car offered and the satisfaction it has and is delivering for their owners.

The small print.

12 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

that was for sale with Will Blackman not that long ago..... 

40 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I agree with your points @Colin P.  The Hethel Edition of the 400 in my opinion was an absolutely cracking offer and the sweet spot in the 400 model range. The fact that quite a few were sold and so few have been sold on 2nd hand I think really reflects the value the car offered and the satisfaction it has and is delivering for their owners.

One dealer had a couple that they stocked unregistered and actually advertised them above RRP once the HE was discontinued.

Without the HE I suspect I'd still be in my S1

14 minutes ago, Neal H said:

SOR is the way forward I think. It's what I did when moving from my 400 to an Elise. Talk to a couple of dealers and see what they have to say, but I'd have thought you should be able to get £58 to £60k back.

Sounds more like my plan and expectations @Neal H

might drop you a pm for your thoughts on the 400 to Elise swap.