Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 76 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

We don't have enoungh bankers and Financial Advisers on here for that to happen!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 01/12/2018 at 22:25, gregs24 said:

It doesn't have the premium pack as the advert says and the airbag cover is warped - this is a fiddly job to fix as the clips will have broken. Front bumper is lower on the nearside for some reason

@gregs24 How can you tell there is no premium pack?  What was included in this pack? thanks.

@fillpoke the airbag cover popping up is a cosmetic issue.  The passenger airbag will still work fine just the cover becomes warped and sticks out its a common fault on many Evoras.  Its a straightforward job but takes a lot of time as I think lots of dash needs to come out so it can be expensive to get fixed.  Maybe have another look at the car and see if it bothers you.  For me it doesn't bother me, I really don't notice it when I'm driving but as others have said it does effect them.

1 minute ago, electro_boy said:

@gregs24 How can you tell there is no premium pack?  What was included in this pack? thanks.

Off the top of my head, leather sill covers (not fabric), leather rear seats (not fabric), armrest and ‘mood’ lighting. 

24 minutes ago, 122 said:

Not forgetting 'Evora' on the dash.

That was only the Launch Edition, rather than the PP.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

21 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

🤬

Lol. At least you have a sense of humour! Otgerwise you woukd not be here 🤣😂

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks guys for all the information so far. This is a really great group and really helpful.

I've found out a bit more about the car I'm interested in. From 2012 to 2015 the registration number was  BAZ 8864 and from 2016 to 2018 the reg number was A13 CJU   Do these numbers ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks again........

Hi Everybody

I'm looking to buy an Evora as a Sunday / Leisure car. I've always wanted a Lotus and now is the right time for me.

I will probably be going for a 2010 model, I've viewed and had test drives in half a dozen cars already. I don't think I've found THE car yet but there are 3 that I might consider making an offer for.

If anybody could provide me with information about these cars that might be helpful it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.thboler.com/used-cars/7443981-lotus-evora-v6-4/

The reg number for this car is AU60 AYH, I have suspicions about the front end amongst other things.

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-U111/

The reg number for this car is AU10 EZK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-LOTUS-EVORA-2-2-27K-MILES/273585380390?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3De251a8b066b8497fbe3f43894719358a%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D273529994481%26itm%3D273585380390&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

The reg number for this car is AU10 ECN, The early use of this car may explain why it was not particularly well cared for.

Thanks in advance

The red one is nice, lovely colour (and I like the Oyster interior) plus has all 3 packs - however if it's on the original clutch, there's a good chance it'll need a new on in your ownership, so budget for that or better yet, try and negotiate it in the sale price.

The Silverstone one will always be a tricky sell, you'll either love or hate the colour combination, otherwise it's a good spec. Lastly the eBay one...maybe it's just me, but it doesn't read very well, and it puts me off. It might be a good car, but I always find that how an advert is written is a good barometer for the car and the owner.

The red one has lost the Evora sticker from the back so presumably the rear bumper has either been resprayed or replaced?

I also like that in the similar cars section at the bottom of the advert it comes up with an Evoque and an A5 convertible as the first options!

22 minutes ago, Chris J said:

The red one has lost the Evora sticker from the back so presumably the rear bumper has either been resprayed or replaced?

Not necessarily. The previous owner of my car had de-badged it (yet there wasn’t a respray or new bumper involved). 

• Like 2

I've debadged mine too.  Threw it straight in the bin not realising Lotus sell the badge for £80.

Rear looks unsymmetrical with the Evora badge.  Looks alot better with just the lotus lettering imo.   It was the first thing I did when I bought my car.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2018 at 23:23, mg4lotus said:

If anybody could provide me with information about these cars that might be helpful it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.thboler.com/used-cars/7443981-lotus-evora-v6-4/

The reg number for this car is AU60 AYH, I have suspicions about the front end amongst other things.

Hi.  AU60AYH used to be my car, but it has been through at least two owners since then.  My first Evora!

Love the car.  It had quite a bit of niggle repair work via Silverstone when I had it, to deal with early Evora leaks.  Got sorted completely.  But then I moved from it to an S1 IPS, probably in around 2014.  Silverstone sold my car, and ruined the wheels by turning them black!  I have a file of pictures from my ownership.

Since then I've been through a 400 (discussed on here a couple times; Mercedes silver one) and currently my S IPS in nightfall blue is up for sale at Silverstone; and indeed both my Elises are for sale with them too.  (I want to keep one of them, though.). Any questions about any of my cars feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Regarding the car from TH Boler.  If you decide to go with this car and there is some work required on the car I'd prefer to negotiate money off the car rather than getting them to correct the car.

I bought my car from them summer 2017 and while they were OK to deal with and very fair fixing things on the car they took a very long time and then needed to do each job multiple times eventually I got annoyed and they allowed me to get the work done at a Lotus service centre and they pay the bill.

Each time I had a complaint they would happily accept the car back and offer to fix it so I have no issues on that front just the execution of the work required wasn't the best.  So while I'd probably buy another car from them I'm not sure if would have it serviced by them.

On 06/12/2018 at 20:30, Bravo73 said:

Not necessarily. The previous owner of my car had de-badged it (yet there wasn’t a respray or new bumper involved). 

I'm the same as Jonny. Took my Evora badge of my S1 NA and I can assure you it never needed any re-work or had accident damage.  Just 10 minutes with the wife's bestest hairdryer and it was off.  She went ballistic when she found it in the garage in a box of tools. So much for sharing.....

• Haha 1

The small print.

Hi Tom

This was the first Evora that I viewed and took out for a test drive. It had a problem with the red LCDs on the dash so I didn't take it any further than that but I am now starting to reconsider it and may consider a second viewing now that I have a bit more experience about what I am looking at.

10 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Hi Tom

This was the first Evora that I viewed and took out for a test drive. It had a problem with the red LCDs on the dash so I didn't take it any further than that but I am now starting to reconsider it and may consider a second viewing now that I have a bit more experience about what I am looking at.

Hi Mark,

I have just been and had a look at the car and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the dash - I can only think that it has been through the workshop since. When you're ready just let me know and we can take it from there.

Tom.

On 09/12/2018 at 22:58, mg4lotus said:

Hi Tom

Hi Mark

Have you driven an evora with each type of gearbox? I personally prefer close ratio.