Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 93 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Lovely looking car that Snow's one. Will be a good buy and a cracking drive. The NAs are a hoot.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Spec / money ratio seems about right ball park figure.  Its one of the later SR cars and low mileage so will be a bit more money but I think they've priced it correctly.

I found Snows fine to deal with when buying the car but their preparation of the car was poor.  They did not diagnose a faulty MAF sensor properly and called me very late to tell me the car was not working, I was literally just about to board a train from London to pick the car up when they called to delay the pick up.  They also did not clean the car properly and did not fix the paint chips they said they would.  I don't think they are shady just unorganised or lacking in quality control, so ring up before hand to check everything agreed has been done before you collect.

I don’t want the thread to veer of topic but agree with Dean Snows are lovely people but just lacked a fine polish when it comes to details 

they are young guys so maybe lack their experience in customer care once the ink has dried on sales document ? They job isn’t finished they must double check the car before presenting to customer handover be it in person or by remote means ?  

13 hours ago, PAR said:

If I was in the market for an NA, i would probably have a go at that one.

https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/lotus-evora--launch-edition--2-2--2010

Clearly prices have bottomed out, doesn’t break the 30k barrier it seems.

Again, look at the interior presentation. Scuffs on the drivers seat, rubber part of drivers mat not clean. It's an enthusiasts car why not present it enthusiastically..

Ahhhh

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 19:53, PAR said:

If I was in the market for an NA, i would probably have a go at that one.

https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/lotus-evora--launch-edition--2-2--2010

Clearly prices have bottomed out, doesn’t break the 30k barrier it seems.

That's a very nice Evora that. A keeper for someone for sure.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi again guys.. it’s been a while since my last visit. Since I sold my beautiful Evora in late 2016 I’ve had an Alfa 159, a Brera, another M135i, a new MX 5 and finally an E90 M3 V8... and guess what. They are all rubbish compared to my old Evora!

So I’m back on in the hunt. Since I sold my Sports Racer S it seems they haven’t depreciated at all so to me it looks like NA cars and early 400’s represent the best value to me.

I’ve found this NA sports racer that seems very cheap.. does anyone know the car?

https://www.group1auto.co.uk/advantage/used-cars/evora/v6-sports-racer-4/sn14eoo

42 minutes ago, AndyH said:

Agree and a great price and looks like he forgot to mention it as the sports Exhaust a very desirable option.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed a black Evora S for sale; from the pictures I can see it looks like a nice clean car and has just passed its MOT but the service history is a bit sketchy but mileage of 21500 seems to be in order on the check-mot.service.gov.uk Website.
It appears to have had 3 previous owners so was wondering if there was anyone from here who had owned it or known anyone who has owned it previously and could possibly give a little insight into the cars history? 

2 hours ago, Greido said:

I've noticed a black Evora S for sale; 

I thought that reg ‘ran a bell’. It was the first Evora that I had a proper look at, because it was for sale at Strattons at the time (2015):

3591A880-8BEF-4ED2-A20C-CC328F12A89A.jpegB978F3E6-28DE-4D0B-BA95-CBF1236EA25F.jpegE17F1A01-6925-46E4-ABC6-5BD4FA848C6D.jpeg12B36C29-F874-4F8D-9890-C7C075EFEDDD.jpeg

FWIW, the parking sensors had been retrofitted by the (then) current owner so it didn’t come from the factory with ‘Tech pack’. I imagine that the double-din headunit was also a retrofit.

I’m also guessing that it no longer has the F1-esq detailing.

Many thanks for the Response Bravo73, what were your impressions of the car when you saw it?

I'm delighted to say that you're spot on with the removal of the F1-esq detailing, the car looks much better now...... At least in the pics I've seen:

Evora FJ12FLV a.PNG

Evora FJ12FLV b.PNG

Interesting it's back to the cast alloys. Exhaust still crooked though.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

52 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Interesting it's back to the cast alloys. Exhaust still crooked though.

I thought they looked like the same wheels but painted? - I noticed the exhaust looked crooked, it's the same in the earlier pic as well so I can only assume it's a cosmetic issue or it'd have been sorted over the last 4 years.

18 hours ago, Greido said:

Many thanks for the Response Bravo73, what were your impressions of the car when you saw it?

At the time, I think that I felt that the car was slightly mis-represented (no actual Tech pack) and expensive (due to the ultra low miles). I was much, much happier with the S that I ended up with (and still have). 

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Interesting it's back to the cast alloys. 

1 hour ago, Greido said:

I thought they looked like the same wheels but painted?

I am also 99% certain that they are the same wheels. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greido said:

I thought they looked like the same wheels but painted? - I noticed the exhaust looked crooked, it's the same in the earlier pic as well so I can only assume it's a cosmetic issue or it'd have been sorted over the last 4 years.

My mistake, I thought it was a different car, which has the 19/20 inch rims painted gold. Funny what your mind can do to you when you expect to see something. 

The exhaust would annoy me though.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

On 17/07/2019 at 17:09, Greido said:

I'm delighted to say that you're spot on with the removal of the F1-esq detailing, the car looks much better now......

Incidentally, you might not be aware but the gold & red bits were a copy of the limited GP edition:

832A8F58-0584-4F38-A126-E3EDBDD98B5E.jpeg

Good memory. But I think that the car you have in mind had an association with SO Motorsports. This car doesn’t (as far as I’m aware). 

PS If you’re not aware of the significance, try googling Simon Oakley. 🤬

Many thanks for the responses, I don’t remember seeing this car before but I’ll go through this thread tonight...... a fair bit of bedtime reading I think!

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed 4 or 5 Gt410's have come up for sale circa £75k ,  with a few thousand miles on (2 at stratton and 2 at Snows). Look like ex lotus with the AU registration. ...Just out of interest...Would that put you off if they have been used as 'experience'  cars by lotus? 

Edited by marcfair

7 minutes ago, marcfair said:

Noticed 4 or 5 Gt410's have come up for sale circa £75k ,  with a few thousand miles on (2 at stratton and 2 at Snows). Look like ex lotus with the AU registration. ...Just out of interest...Would that put you off if they have been used as 'experience'  cars by lotus? 

Not at all. Buy on condition and service history. Also take it out for an extended drive to make sure you’re comfortable with it. And when you fall in love with it, buy it. Mine was ex-press and was a beaut. 

• Like 1