Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 exhaust manifold - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 exhaust manifold

Hi all,    lotus exhaust manifold B910E2588K with reinforcing webs has lasted 15 years approximately 50k miles,now has two pea sized holes near each of the indentations for top fixing stud of cylinders 3 and 4 and good everywhere else. I would say the metal is thin in those spots and the likely place for yours to blow. I am considering buying another from SJ or the swlc spheradine graphite exhaust manifold.Does anyone have lengthy experience of the latter.I will take into account that the lotus one didn’t crack as the previous one did after 10 years .Thanks for any info

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

These manifolds are proven on a dyno to add bhp. The spool up is significantly different.

dont underestimate the difference getting air in and out more freely makes to these engines

• Like 1

Only here once

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

dont underestimate the difference getting air in and out more freely makes to these engines

Oh, trust me I don't, I really don't!

Please find attached a photo of my catalyst and silencer I took a few days ago :D
I did notice a subtle difference, indeed! :D

0_cata.jpg

1_silencer.jpg

Edited by Giniw
  • Sad 1

Get it all out and then put it back, you'll definitely feel the difference! 😎

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this made a few years ago. Big thank you to Dr Hess who gave me the info to make it.  It was not cheap around  £950 Full stainless and welded by a rolls Royce jet engine guy.

The guys who made it also made the rest of the exhaust with a fast flow cat from a noble

And the rear silencer box that's small and hidden by the rear diffuser 

Had it designed so it could be unbolted from the turbo and removed without disturbing the rest of the exhaust so no studs holding on the turbo. Also no need to remove the rear engine mount either. As it's sits closer  to the block. 

Been on the car for several years now with no issues.

09032010063.JPG

21112009059.JPG

• Like 1

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

@qwerty123 not cheap - my missus will tell you about £35!

about a grand premium on a replacement cast unit which won’t last much more than 5 years in normal decent use.

it really makes the car breathe better. Turbo pickup is earlier and much smoother and swifter. The difference is very noticeable. Think it has been proven by others to add upto 30bhp on a dyno run - but not sure how much I’d hang my hat on that. The difference is very very noticeable and worth the investment imho

Only here once

• 1 month later...