Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 9 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

Also comparing the Valhalla to the Evija... I guess it is possible to compare to some extent but hum isn't the Vallhalla a downgraded offshoot of a hypercar program versus state of the art Evija. Yeah sure it's an Aston so Aston wins.... Good gosh people!!!  Then again this is the hand Lotus is dealt all the time.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Monument said:

How can anyone be negative on a new car launch. Surely this is exciting times for any Lotus nut. 

Because on the other site they mostly seem to drive and talk about anything other than a Lotus anyway! So they talk Lotus down to make their German cars look better....  

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

6 hours ago, Gallandro007 said:

Nah if we all know what it is like and its shit they can rectify it before the 16th. Shirley.

😉

There's not enough time and don't call me Shirley

From what Jas is saying on SELOC the Evija has crazy power.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I bet some of you could convince yourselves that you wouldn't enjoy a weekend alone in a nice remote log cabin with a roaring fire before Kylie even arrived!

Me, I'm just waiting for the reveal on the 16th where I am expecting to be pleasantly surprised when the wrapper comes off. 

Arwe you stil talking about Kylie?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

32 minutes ago, Likuid said:

From what Jas is saying on SELOC the Evija has crazy power.

Which is kind of ironic, unfortunately. 

Lotus has never been about maximum power. 

7 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

Arwe you stil talking about Kylie?

Yup!  Lucky boy eh. ;)

1 minute ago, Bravo73 said:

Unless it is also crazy light for its class so then wow!  "Always look on the bright side...."

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Wasn’t everyone expecting crazy power given the price level and figures that nearest rivals Pininfarina Batista and Rimac Concept 2 are quoting? Name a hypercar that doesn’t have crazy power.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Wasn’t everyone expecting crazy power given the price level and figures that nearest rivals Pininfarina Batista and Rimac Concept 2 are quoting? Name a hypercar that doesn’t have crazy power.

Hey I love Lotus, but even at the price point I was questioning whether they would deliver on power. Its not like that's what they are known for. I am glad to hear that it seems like they are, because, I agree, for the money it better be crazy fast.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

the thing with electrical motor, regardless of what you do they deliver insane HP, now the Evija has 4 of them, assuming the just have around 150 to 250 bhp each then you have a ballpark of 600bhp to a 100 bhp and this being a moderate estimate. However the car will be fitted with the Williams AE powerbank so when you think that the Dendrobium D1 is touted to have 1800bhp with a powertrain specced 3 years ago... Well it opens up possibilities.

Look at the names of the other hyper cars and Lotus is no worse, and better than most.

Even the most sane name, Valhalla, is bonkers really and I bet that car sends at least one of its owners there too!

But hey, what a way to go ...

The small print.

15 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Totally agree, Lotus always been about extracting a large amount of overall performance from small amount of resource.  But in my opinion the hypercar is change in the current way of thinking and embraces the best of Lotus's heritage and new ideas to create an buzz and hype and interest in its cars.  Lotus has never made a hypercar (well I guess the term hypercar is a relatively new one too but I hope you get my point) and hypercars are all about huge amounts resource, taking the dial and turning it up 11 if not 12!  But its a Lotus so think we're more likely to see something with similarities to Koenigsegg rather than a Bugatti.

Yes, I think you're about right - At the 70th anniversary event, of the key points they made during the talk, one was that they are aiming to push the brand in to the luxury segment.  Obviously a hypercar is that (for the super-rich) but I think it also means you'll see some compromise on the lightweight stakes in order to allow in some luxury features.  For example, over on SELOC it's been noted that it will have electric power doors - which adds style and luxury as well as weight.

Of course, as they release more models, I am sure they will still produce more focused versions of them, basically in line with Porsches approach.  I'm also really excited about the next Evora based sports car.  probably out of my price range, assuming this goes up the scale as well but in theory, good for residuals on my S!

6 days to go...

14 hours ago, NedaSay said:

I heard it was $2million or £1.6million...

I'd originally understood it to be up to around the £1 million mark so was surprised to read that it might be significantly more than that

18 hours ago, Buddsy said:

$2Million id expect a driver!

For another $4million I could get Lee Majors!

buddsy

Apparently with inflation you would now need 33 million to afford the man in the red tracksuit 🏋️‍♂️

• Haha 1

The man in the red tracksuit is now 80 years old I somehow doubt he'll drive the car like he stole it, but I'd like to see this is he does. supposedly the Evija will be easier to get into than any other hypercar so...

5 days to go and the factory has gone completely quiet, not a teaser image to be found anywhere on the web...This is maddening. 

• Like 1

Do we know what the format for the release is?  Will there be a live stream on Facebook, YouTube or anything or are we waiting on the motoring press to publish details?

I'm 'following the journey' on Lotuscars.com so hoping to be kept up to date as it happens!

We know nothing at the moment, I'm banking on a bunch of youtube channels trying to one up each others as they get clear of the NDA period.

We should clearly get a press release with the fully detailed spec sheet and picture galore, and sort of expect an official video from Lotus with tons of beauty shots...  it is supposed to be unveiled at a special event so we could have a live webcast of the event on Lotus social media outlets (facebook, instagram and twitter)

But so far not a snipet.

Edited by NedaSay