Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 17 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

The design team has done a brilliant job. A car that looks like at Lotus and, above all, is pleasing to the eye (unlike the AM Valkyrie and Mclaren Senna). A proper bedroom wall poster car. I'm also impressed with the interior and am relieved that they have avoided silly touch screens when what works best for the driver are proper buttons and knobs. Just need to start saving up my £2m now. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RichardC said:

The design team has done a brilliant job. A car that looks like at Lotus and, above all, is pleasing to the eye (unlike the AM Valkyrie and Mclaren Senna). A proper bedroom wall poster car. I'm also impressed with the interior and am relieved that they have avoided silly touch screens when what works best for the driver are proper buttons and knobs. Just need to start saving up my £2m now. 

I'm with you on the Senna.......pig ugly, but the Valkyrie to me is a work of art and engineering from someone very much at the top of his game (Adrian Newey).  I think it's fair and probably obvious to say that the car is very much driven (pardon the pun) by Newey's motorsport background first and foremost, but also will work on the road. 

The Evija designed by Carr and his team is almost the opposite.  From the little we have heard and seen so far, it seems to me that It's a road car, that also benefits from enough aero and track knowhow, so as to be very very effective on the track as well.

They are both fantastic designs in my opinion.

I'd like to see them go head to head at the ring.......

Edited by Simon Bateman
  • Like 1

Nice one Bibs - great to hear - 

Newey just designed the Valkyrie - he has not had to engineer it! 

Edited by nello

I know it was quoted earlier but this interview just fills me with confidence for the future. There's confidence, maturity and professionalism coming out from Popham et al.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/lotus-evija-to-target-nurburgring-record/40613

I really do hope they nail any Nurburgring attempt to shut the naysayers up!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just Porsche guys sour grapes, to me there is real arrogance withing the Porsche and Ferrari camps. I know I've been in both.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I absolutely loved this. Nice one Greg!

FB_IMG_1563545687223.jpg

I don't understand why you would?

A twin exhaust on a vehicle that does not have an engine?

Satire?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yes, satire, or more commonly known as taking the piss 🙄

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Aha! You of him? Or him of Lotus?

I just watched the unveiling video. I have to admit it as well, it is one gorgeous looking vehicle.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Nope. Him of EV's....  I think the humour was well and truly lost on you. Never mind....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Yup. I will go to my grave not understanding the joke.

• Haha 1

I read that the electric motors are coming from Integral Powertrain.  I worked there up to a year ago and didn't know anything about that.  I knew they had visited Lotus but they visit, and are visited by, many manufacturers.  Shows they are good at keeping secrets too.  They also did the motor for the VW Pikes Peak car so have a good pedigree.

• Like 2

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

13 hours ago, auRouge said:

and best yet... it wont get black flagged for noise 🙄 😂

True, although will it not have to have some form of synthesised engine noise......

All new models of electric cars sold in the European Union must now make artificial noise under certain conditions.  Acoustic Vehicle Alert Systems (aka, AVAS) will need to be installed in new models of hybrid and electric cars introduced from today onward, and all existing models by July 2021. With an AVAS installed, vehicles will need to make a sound while travelling under 12 mph, or while reversing.

Maybe, just put one of those reversing soundtracks that lorries have on them......

'this hypercar is reversing...this hypercar is reversing'' 😆

• Haha 1

Yes thought it was a very interesting and fair point about the limitations of battery tech dictating the specs and performance.

I really hope that one day Lotus and car buyers will return to brilliant, small, light, more affordable sports cars but those are already available and sadly not selling very well.

Making such a bold statement and with this fantasy poster car seems like the right way to re-invigorate interest in the Lotus brand at this time. It worked very well for McLaren when they introduced the P1. Until then they were the new kids on the block in the supercar game. Gate crashing the hypercar party was a smart move. Ferrari and Porsche were doing their usual once a decade hypercar thing and all of a sudden there was this 'Holy Trinity', every car mag and video had to compare all 3. Cars were soon trading over list and McLaren became a part of the supercar/hypercar establishment overnight.

• Like 2

Lotus on the charge. Just the jump-start they needed.

Fingers crossed for the future; exciting times. There appears to be some genuine joined up-thinking and the cash to back it up.

Justin

1 hour ago, jonwat said:

Interesting read on Pistonheads:thumbup:

I quite enjoyed reading it, it was balanced and not bashing, and I agreed with the sentiments re a lightweight, affordable, electric sports car. Hopefully, the Evija is a stepping stone to this.

The small print.