Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 8 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

Amazed no-one has snuck a photo somehow. It was only for a split second but they showed you the whole car.

Not removed. Just put in the branded, padded envelope. But not desperately policed, TBF. 

If you had some sort of Google glasses/camera in lapel, it would be pretty straight forward to get a shot. 

• Like 1

Me for one I do hope there are no leaked photos, let’s give lotus its time in the spotlight in 10 days time when it’s possible to have the motoring press all to them selfs and 10 more days for us to get even more excited.

• Like 2

Well was at Goodwood yesterday and lined up with about 20 others at 5pm to file into the dark viewing area. Music starts lots of lights and the first video of the 130 plays on the screens which are also window to the car in the next room.

As someone said the whole car can be seen for a split second at the end. Seemed to be silver in colour and unless im mistaken the shape was very conservative and underwhelming.

Im really hoping my eyes deceived me!

I was in line with the front wheels so all of one side and front i could see....

couldn't see what they have done with the Lotus 'mouth' or at the rear didn't seem to recall any spoiler ...

i was expecting something a bit more bold.... or crazy looking after all the looks are the main selling point unless the EV tech is a massive step forward?

54 minutes ago, Techyd said:

@KennyN - Were you there by any chance?!

Unfortunately not, I've been otherwise occupied since last Wednesday...details to follow when I see you next Monday evening. 

Don't know quite how to put this, and amazed that one of the major contributors here has not already done so - some sort of extreme loyalty? - but huge detail by someone very well informed has appeared on the.......um .......place where some go out to play.

"........can buy it if I want to......"     "....guy who saw it after me was an Arab Prince, who arrived in a helicopter, with entourage... "

This by me!   Not the "informer".   Some how feeling rather guilty................. but  someone would have soon.

Edited by mdavies
Clarification re last line
  • Confused 1

Someone on S ELOC (who already owns a 720 and has ordered one of the £1m+ Astons) has already sat in it and seen it at length. He recounts his experience and thoughts on it. 

You know, reading that thread over their reminds me why I probably spend about 5 minutes a month on it. Pleased for the prospective new owner, but jeez, the negativity is unreal.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What’s the huge detail? An Arab Prince is interested in a new hypercar? That’s exactly the sort of person they need to view the car. 

The significance is completely lost on me too I’m afraid, so please do spell it out for us.

Jonny, I used the words "huge detail" in relation what Lotus themselves have revealed so far. Interpreting some of what 'Jas' has said does depend on having some knowledge of the Valhalla. (Not that I have much.) And taking it (e.g. re the weight) together with comments from others on the thread.  I'm not going to take material from another forum. Must press on now.

So nothing to do with Arab princes then? If the huge detail is what Lotus has revealed then why not repeat it here, many would find that interesting.

Quite a few here know a lot about T130, especially after Goodwood so we can confirm if it is indeed accurate. No great revelations going on in the playground as far as I can see apart from someone giving it the very big I am.

So we are none the wiser about its looks?

I read on tge Evo website that its a cross between a McLaren road car and a LPM1 car. So cab forward design and im assuming understated styling at the front at least

If thats true then would be a bit dissapointed as surely now would be the time to try and standout from the crowd.

Anyways we will all know for sure soon

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Me, I'm just waiting for the reveal on the 16th where I am expecting to be pleasantly surprised when the wrapper comes off.

☝️

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You know, reading that thread over their reminds me why I probably spend about 5 minutes a month on it. Pleased for the prospective new owner, but jeez, the negativity is unreal.

I just checked the thread on the other forum and the negativity is unreal. I am optimistic.