Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 101 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

The UK governments of the past 30 years love immigration as it increases economic growth, which we are told is a good thing. Although its not.

China has cancelled one-child policy and certain religions increasing in popularity promote having large numbers of kids. In some countries, women from lower social classes believe its their function to serially produce as many kids as possible throughout their fertile lives.

Its a global issue but largely ignored while golbal warming gets huge amounts of attention. 

I have discussed this with some left-wing people and their reasoning is that all of these people dont consume much, so its all OK. That seems a crazy argument to me because China is consuming more and more. For example Chinese people now use air travel so much they are building 50 new airports and expanding 300 more. While people lie down on runways here if we want to build just one more runway.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I'd have to agree, I could be a nice thing taking granny and grandad down to the local extermination clinic  for a lethal injection on their 80th birthdays. 

1 hour ago, Steve V8 said:

I'd have to agree, I could be a nice thing taking granny and grandad down to the local extermination clinic  for a lethal injection on their 80th birthdays. 

Oooof. And people think I'm harsh.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Andyww said:

their reasoning is that all of these people dont consume much, so its all OK

That's the problem with middle class left PC Brigade. Their thinking is shallow and it just beggars my belief that tgey don't understand the issues. The established affluent western middle class consume vast quantities of resources. The explosion in growth of the affluent middle classes in The BRIC countries especially, but also the Middle East, other parts Asia and even Africa is creating the same volume of consumption per capita but at hugely increased numbers of people in the category.

It really is a global issue but greed, business profits and backhanders are the short term goal of the few that will kill the many.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

80 I think that’s 10 years too much. Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andyww said:

I have discussed this with some left-wing people and their reasoning is that all of these people dont consume much, so its all OK. That seems a crazy argument to me because China is consuming more and more. For example Chinese people now use air travel so much they are building 50 new airports and expanding 300 more. While people lie down on runways here if we want to build just one more runway.

"Left wing people" and "crazy argument" in the same sentence???

Who'd have thunk it!!

• Love 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

On 12/03/2019 at 19:36, Mark Blanchard said:

Failed again.  

If no deal is taken off the table tomorrow then the Government is not representing the people.  Expect civil unrest, yellow jacket style.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1101090/brexit-news-uk-transport-lorry-drivers-brexit-block-uk-motorways-brexit-delay-article-50/amp

9 hours ago, LotusFella said:

80 I think that’s 10 years too much. Lol

Oi I resemble that remark

• Love 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 15/03/2019 at 19:10, PhillC said:

A cull? FFS Didn't Hitler try that?

Traditionally, as the population has expanded beyond what could be sustained at the time, a cull has happened. When population density exceeded limits that medicine couldn't sustain then there would be mass infections, when population exceeded what poor levels of harvest could be achieved in bad years, then people starved, or when population either just go too dense for comfort or even good years of harvest were not sufficient, then wars happened. 

So, yes Hitler tried that but not just by religious / racial persecution but more generally by the military actions designed to spread out the area that he & his followers could claim. 

10 hours ago, pete said:

Oi I resemble that remark

You’ve had a good innings then 😂😂😂

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, pete said:

My truck and I are ready and waiting for 'the signal', 😄 .

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Was it - signatures almost at 100,000 now, where they have consider it for debate in parliament - that should one of the more fun items on the agenda, although I doubt it would be debated, but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The debates though on recent 100k signatures have amounted to little more than a question in parliament.

Look at how successful the top 10 have been (0-10 in case you don’t want to click the link)

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/2017/01/do-online-petitions-actually-work-numbers-reveal-truth

17.2 million people couldn't sway the minds of the majority of MP's so a petition is a waste of everyones time.

The only thing that will grab their attention is not being re-elected in a general election.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal H said:

17.2 million people couldn't sway the minds of the majority of MP's so a petition is a waste of everyones time.

The only thing that will grab their attention is not being re-elected in a general election.

I think there will be carnage come the next GE - on both sides of the house. They all sound know it all smug bastards when being interviewed on the Radio but how many will actually be out of a job come the day for not delivering what the electorate told them to?

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

I took your suggestion for using it as lube. It doesn't work..........Owch.

Just to check I wasn't using it wrong I used it to shave with.....it definately doesn't work though it hides the gushing blood.

I tried it on my bike chain....nope

On my locks and door hinges......what a mess

I then realised you meant to use it as lubricating your throat. Sadly I was in jail by then on suspicion of drink driving cause I smelled like a brewery!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer