1 hour ago, pete said:

Makes two of us 👍

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Do you work for the Daily Express?

I don’t either 👌

• Like 1

Only here once

8 hours ago, pete said:

Thinking out loud here but isn’t it also a good reason to remain if such a move requires unanimous support of EU members. Presumably the UK’s veto would frustrate such a move?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Vetos are a moot discussion point. The Lisbon treaty essentially allows for the removal of this with “simple”, “qualified” and “unanimous” voting methods. No doubt the “unanimous” vote would not be allowed on many items by the unelected elite whom know best

Only here once

Sorry, Buds, but I got distracted by the headline on that page which read, "Moon landing: NASA deleted evidence of aliens in Apollo 11mission."  Doesn't exactly encourage confidence in their standard of journalism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

So the SNP say Scotland will lose 100,000 jobs because of a no deal Brexit,just wondered what facts they have to support that statement.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

12 hours ago, pete said:

So the SNP say Scotland will lose 100,000 jobs because of a no deal Brexit,just wondered what facts they have to support that statement.

Rest of UK is Scotland’s biggest market. So Scottish independence will cripple Scotland!

48 minutes ago, SFO said:

Rest of UK is Scotland’s biggest market. So Scottish independence will cripple Scotland!

No dummy. Of course not. Scotland will get immediate entry into the EU. Give up her fisheries. And no longer be required to be taught English at school as the new, post Brexit, language of the EU will be the language of diplomacy, French.

What's not to like. SEXIT is going to be amazing.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

No dummy. Of course not. Scotland will get immediate entry into the EU. Give up her fisheries. And no longer be required to be taught English at school as the new, post Brexit, language of the EU will be the language of diplomacy, French.

What's not to like. SEXIT is going to be amazing.

Shouldn't that be Jocksit?

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.

To be fair to Scotland, they did vote fairly strongly to remain, so we shouldn’t be surprised that they’re not welcoming Boris with open arms. Wales, on the other hand, voted strongly to leave: so why are they kicking up a fuss now? Oh the penny has finally dropped that they won’t be getting any more EU hand-outs: no free infrastructure, no free access to the EU agricultural market, etc. Why should the rest of us have to bail them out? They wanted out, so they should just be made to deal with the consequences of a potential no deal Brexit like the rest of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Shouldn't that be Jocksit?

Or should that be Joxit?

It's at times like these when we could all benefit from the perceived wisdom of the Bard of Govan, Rab C. Nesbitt.

Margate Exotics.

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Or should that be Joxit?

It's at times like these when we could all benefit from the perceived wisdom of the Bard of Govan, Rab C. Nesbitt.

Mrs. Brown talks more sense these days. A lot more than you get out of that bitter and twisted Sturgeon anyways and certainly more than Boris.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Haha 1

The small print.

Lost another seat today. Majority of 1 now!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

26 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Lost another seat today. Majority of 1 now!

Not unexpected give that for 25 out of the last 30 years that was a Liberal seat, a small majority for the win too. Things are tight indeed, but I see we are now starting to hear more calls for Corbyn to go - a General Election would be impossible to call in terms of the winner right now. Why the hell May went to an election is totally beyond me - her advisers at the time should be spanked!

The small print.

This is an interesting BBC graphic. If a couple of those Sinn Feann MPs decided to take a Ryanair to London, they could change everything. I am sure they won't though. They're probably happy with the status quo and hoping that the UK will rip itself apart so that they can re-unify Ireland.

0Z4bmLB.png

Lib Dem’s over turned a 8000 majority from the last election so the majority is not as small as it looks.

Only because Plaid Cymru and the Greens deliberately didn't field candidates. Conservatives/Brexit got more combined votes than Lib-Dems/Labour. Strategic voting and alliances will become the norm in future which is a shame. The Conservatives and Brexit Party will have to 'do a deal'. It's all just a further errosion/manipulation of democracy.

Despite the rhetoric from Boris and his team, he doesn't have the numbers to deliver no-deal or any other type of Brexit. A General Election is the only way forward, which will effectively be a second referendom. Best to get it over with.

Didn't the Conservatives field their existing candidate who was prosecuted for an expenses scandal recently which caused the by-election? Doesn't seem like they were interested in winning the seat.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.